Welcome to JAPON!!! - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
Oh. I'm only on 2nd gear?

Bike: 06 R6
Welcome to JAPON!!!

1st of all would like to Thank Spiderman in creating this local scene for me in Asia. You must have your PC set in high rpm cuz it was fast that this new column came on.
So, all the folks out there with your Beast R6 in Asia. Shoot your crap here!
Nick from Tokyo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-23-2006, 10:16 PM
still alive...

Bike: 2004 R6...KIA
Re: Welcome to JAPON!!!

wuts the "new stuff" u were talkin about?
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 06:26 AM Thread Starter

I'm not sure if its new in N.America or there's any different in products here in Japan. This extra column is mainly for R6 owners in Jpn to share thoughts. Well, anyway some of the bikers here are into radar detector for bikes. The solar panel of the detector is mounted outside while the unit is hidden inside (away from rain not from cops since here is legal)

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 08:57 AM
T.W.O. (Two Wheels Only)

Bike: used to ride a 2006 R6

What exhausts/upgrades do JP riders use?
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 05:25 PM Thread Starter

In Jpn, it is popular to have Akra or Devil pipes on their R6. Yoshimura is out recently but seems that the price is not attacting a lot of buyers though...
Lots of JP riders like to get ppl's attention. They like to put on neons & strobes which I think is pretty old school in Canada & US. From far away it looks like a cop bike but its totally legal here! Strange country sometime...
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 05:36 AM
driven

Bike: 07 R6

Hows it going guys. I'm American, but in mid December I'm moving to tokyo about a 5 minute walk from the Opera City Tower
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I can't wait but I'll be getting an R6 once I settle down. Hopefully the Japan section gets big so I might meet some people out there?!

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 09:35 AM
still alive...

Bike: 2004 R6...KIA

so, is it true about the crazy drifting they do over there
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 07:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharcyde
Hows it going guys. I'm American, but in mid December I'm moving to tokyo about a 5 minute walk from the Opera City Tower
I can't wait but I'll be getting an R6 once I settle down. Hopefully the Japan section gets big so I might meet some people out there?!

Welcome or shoud I say Yokosou Pharcyde! There are a lot of non-Japanese riders here in Tokyo but I couldnt meet anyone that has the same interest in R6 or even in Super sport class bike. Many are into cruisers cause the roads are narrow. Most of the time, you are either stuck in traffic or busy lane-splitting. It is a "complete waste" quoted by people in Yamaha if I were to purchase the R6 & not use it on track. I didnt & still dont care what others think as I already put order on my 07'R6. When you get out to the suburbs, there are millions of perfect curvy roads to explore. Then, I guess its time for me to laugh at those cruisers dude. Mail me after you arrive & purchase the same toy.
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 07:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewuser
so, is it true about the crazy drifting they do over there
Its not only the crazy drifts. Its completely insane when young guys drifts while there's blind corner & oncoming traffic. They are so confident that they wont hit u. But then of course there are many accidents. It is not a great scene when you travel thru some of these curvy mountain roads & see many flowers tied to the railing where they had died. Then again, all I have to say is "its the trend"
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 08:55 AM
My R6 eats me.

hi 007Red-R6.... im a r6 rider from asia too...nice knowing u...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.