Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Drag race vs R1, Ninja ZX-6 and GSXR 600...Video

10K views 32 replies 13 participants last post by  pwerboost 
#1 · (Edited)
11/19/10
I just improve this tonight. Woowoooot! Same setup, just improved my 60ft.

ET - 7.18
60ft - 1.85
Mph - 104.89

----------------------------------------------
update: I improved this a little couple weeks ago.
2009 Yamaha R6, RT 1.055, ET 7.332@104.65 MPH
I made the website I won! lol
http://racelegal.com/web/pastresults.asp?lookup=9/24/2010
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Went to the track for 1st time here in san diego. I've been only riding for 2 1/2 months. It was sloppy in beginning for me because I was learning how to launch the bike. I beat all the 600's bikes that were there. And even a R1(several times). That R1 needed a lesson lol. After beating all the 600 bikes many times they didn't want to race me anymore lol. I was hoping for more R6 to show up and represent but I was the only one. I held it down for the Yamaha's and R6's for sure.

I found the rpm's and the clutch work and I was dialing some good times. Oh and this was on stock tires dunlop qualifiers. Stock height and everything. I did no burnout because I didn't think I needed to. What's funny is ALL the bikes I raced did burnouts lol. I still beat them :)

My best was:
ET: 7.35
Mph: 103.44
60ft: 1.98

I was consistant 7.4's and 7.5's. I was stoke to have ran 7.3 because my goal was 7.4. Woohooo!

Not bad for 1st time on the strip. Launching for the 1st 60ft was the key. I know I could get better on that with more practice with the clutch and pull a faster ET. I will go back in 2 weeks. My new goal is between 7.0 - 7.2. Can't wait :)

Video is below all the pictures. Enjoy :)

Gotta love the PUMA classic shoes :)

My 7.35sec Run Video Here:

See less See more
2 6
#5 · (Edited)
Haha thanks guys! the Suede on my Puma high top shoes did not get fckd up one bit. How you may ask?... I taped the gear lever with athletic tape. The ones you can get from your college athletic trainers or in sports stores. Just tape the lever couple rounds and all your shoes is safe :)

Yeah and that nike swoosh on my tank turn out so HOT! Its by far my favorite exterior mod lol. It really is :)

#7 ·
Oh and those Jeans are NOTW. "Not Of This World"

#9 ·
^^ thanks man.

Video should be up in a few mintues.

#10 ·
#12 ·
Lol thanks man! Which pic are you using? Not sure if you have the recent paint job one.......?

#15 ·
^^ Nice find! I like the white/red ones. I wouldn't mind getting those. But 1st I have my eyes the Puma Flat 2 v2.

#19 ·
Man you fckn lucky its only 10mile away from you! Lol. I gotta travel 2hrs or so to get toa quarter mile track! I gotta strap my bike to my truck and drive up there :(

Thanks, I had a blast racing:toocool:

#21 ·
Yeah Man I GOTCHU!!

Respect!

#23 ·
Yeah they look solid for a commuter.

#24 ·
Nice runs man!

#26 ·
Thanks man! You gotta go to the track and experience it atleast one time. It's safe and a lot of fun.:toocool:

#28 ·
For my refrence. i improved this a little couple weeks ago :)

2009 Yamaha R6,
RT 1.055, ET 7.332@104.65 MPH

I made the website I won! lol
http://racelegal.com/web/pastresults.asp?lookup=9/24/2010

Slow reaction time because I was running solo on this one. I was focus on my 1st 60ft and quick shifting.

#29 ·
good job mang! X2 on takin it to a track... im tired of seein drag videos of people on public streets

#30 ·
Yeah they are idiots.:enforcer

#31 ·
I just improve this tonight. Woowoooot! Same setup, just improved my 60ft.

ET - 7.18
60ft - 1.85
Mph - 104.89

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.