Another Wheelie Thread.. - Page 5 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 02:28 PM
Parts Pimp
 
ChiefSmokeDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: JerZ
Posts: 26,242
Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6
Re: Another Wheelie Thread..

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6_350z View Post
I know what youre talking about its your tire pressure bro lower it and this will go away...good to practice that way you get used to it but its a lot harder to keep the bish stable lol
Fcuk it then bro. I'm gonna leave it as is. My one friend who I REALLY ride with is so nasty at wheelies. It fcuking BLOWS when he smokes past me at 120 with the wheel next to my head on his S1000. Those fcukers power wheelie for DAYS man. From a hard launch, I may pull away, but sure as shit, every damn time the R6 hits 120, he goes by on one wheel.. VERY stable tho.

So basically I suck still at wheelies and need to try harder or make a change that would be inappropriate for my riding. I'm not too surprised.

I really think the problem is I jerk the bars a bit when I rip the throttle. This moves the bars enough to start the wiggle and as it comes up it continues until I put it down and everyone else is shitting pants but on the bike it doesn't feel too bad at all. LOL

I guess I gotta stop being a squid and keep my wheelies on the track which is rare for me unless i'm coming off the apron in 2nd or tipping up real fast.

CONTACT/EMAIL ME HERE

R6 ECU FLASH Click Here



My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -NGK- -EBC- -Canyon Dancer-
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Living The Dream
 
R6_350z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mother Effing Los Angeles!!
Posts: 3,807
Bike: 2009 Yamaha R6
Re: Another Wheelie Thread..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
Fcuk it then bro. I'm gonna leave it as is. My one friend who I REALLY ride with is so nasty at wheelies. It fcuking BLOWS when he smokes past me at 120 with the wheel next to my head on his S1000. Those fcukers power wheelie for DAYS man. From a hard launch, I may pull away, but sure as shit, every damn time the R6 hits 120, he goes by on one wheel.. VERY stable tho.

So basically I suck still at wheelies and need to try harder or make a change that would be inappropriate for my riding. I'm not too surprised.

I really think the problem is I jerk the bars a bit when I rip the throttle. This moves the bars enough to start the wiggle and as it comes up it continues until I put it down and everyone else is shitting pants but on the bike it doesn't feel too bad at all. LOL

I guess I gotta stop being a squid and keep my wheelies on the track which is rare for me unless i'm coming off the apron in 2nd or tipping up real fast.
when im in the mood to do wheelies or practice them i lower my pressure and once im done i put air in my tire again to enjoy normal commuting lol its fun to know how to do them but i hate riding around with low tire pressure...but i try better yet i refuse to do fast wheelies or anything past 40mph f that shit to much can wrong past that haha

but yeah its squidly but still bad ass to see 1 wheel right next to you...still my proudest moment when this hot chick had "its my 21st birthday" written on her windshield we both got stuck at a light, me and my friend both said happy birthday and we both popped up at the same time when the light turned green and to my surprise i held it for a good block right next to her haha

2009 Orange R6 Sold

MODS
- Shogun FS- Zero Gravity DB - Custom FE - Hot Bodies Flush Mounts - MotoDynamic Integrated Tail Light - Supersprox -1+2 - Taylormade Full Exhaust - PCV - OURY Grips - Corbin Seat - Ebay Shorty Levers

-Future Mods-
-Translogic MicroDash-Projectors-ASV Levers-GYTR Solo Seat- Bright Gold Carrozzeria Rims........

2011 ice silver metallic Audi A4
2004 350z(sold )



sig thanks to GIJoe007
R6_350z is offline  
post #43 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 03:51 PM
1 wheel R6
 
OCR6714's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Buena Park, Ca
Posts: 1,052
Bike: 05 R6, 07 R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by R6_350z View Post
when im in the mood to do wheelies or practice them i lower my pressure and once im done i put air in my tire again to enjoy normal commuting lol its fun to know how to do them but i hate riding around with low tire pressure...but i try better yet i refuse to do fast wheelies or anything past 40mph f that shit to much can wrong past that haha

but yeah its squidly but still bad ass to see 1 wheel right next to you...still my proudest moment when this hot chick had "its my 21st birthday" written on her windshield we both got stuck at a light, me and my friend both said happy birthday and we both popped up at the same time when the light turned green and to my surprise i held it for a good block right next to her haha
Cool story bro! Lol chicks dig wheelies and scars!


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

2005 R6
Team Yamaha Blue
OCR6714 is offline  
post #44 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 03:11 AM
Yamaha R6
 
Rriggs92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ft wayne
Posts: 729
Bike: 07 r6
Quote:
Originally Posted by McG241 View Post
Yea he is good.. really? How did you find that out? I figured it was only a matter of time until someone merged in front of him while he was on one wheel..
Saw the video. Doing slow wheelies he had it at like 12 and the back brake got spongy I guess. Tail scraped then slid across the pavement

I believe it's not the first time he's wrecked either
Rriggs92 is offline  
post #45 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 05:31 AM
Parts Pimp
 
ChiefSmokeDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: JerZ
Posts: 26,242
Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6
Re: Another Wheelie Thread..

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6_350z View Post
when im in the mood to do wheelies or practice them i lower my pressure and once im done i put air in my tire again to enjoy normal commuting lol its fun to know how to do them but i hate riding around with low tire pressure...but i try better yet i refuse to do fast wheelies or anything past 40mph f that shit to much can wrong past that haha

but yeah its squidly but still bad ass to see 1 wheel right next to you...still my proudest moment when this hot chick had "its my 21st birthday" written on her windshield we both got stuck at a light, me and my friend both said happy birthday and we both popped up at the same time when the light turned green and to my surprise i held it for a good block right next to her haha
MAN SHIT!!! I had a pretty epic sit down all power wheelie in second in a street race against my friend on his old GSXR 1100. He was mighty pissed to NOT pass the R6 on one wheel when he will usually get me off the line. The quickshifter right before redline with the wheel in the air makes things pretty easy to ride out!! It was definitley one of my best ones and I was pretty damn pumped. Put it right down on the white line, and stayed tucked FTW. It was a glorious ride that day!!

CONTACT/EMAIL ME HERE

R6 ECU FLASH Click Here



My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -NGK- -EBC- -Canyon Dancer-
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline  
post #46 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bloomsburg, PA
Posts: 80
Bike: 07' R6
Images: 2
Re: Another Wheelie Thread..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
Fcuk it then bro. I'm gonna leave it as is. My one friend who I REALLY ride with is so nasty at wheelies. It fcuking BLOWS when he smokes past me at 120 with the wheel next to my head on his S1000. Those fcukers power wheelie for DAYS man. From a hard launch, I may pull away, but sure as shit, every damn time the R6 hits 120, he goes by on one wheel.. VERY stable tho.

So basically I suck still at wheelies and need to try harder or make a change that would be inappropriate for my riding. I'm not too surprised.

I really think the problem is I jerk the bars a bit when I rip the throttle. This moves the bars enough to start the wiggle and as it comes up it continues until I put it down and everyone else is shitting pants but on the bike it doesn't feel too bad at all. LOL

I guess I gotta stop being a squid and keep my wheelies on the track which is rare for me unless i'm coming off the apron in 2nd or tipping up real fast.

The same thing happened to me man when I bounce them in second, more so when I subconsciencely ended up yanking on the bars. Try to just concentrate on thinking about giving a good hard push down on the pegs with your legs only and giving it a ton of gas AS YOU BOUNCE DOWN.. I try to put as little pulling pressure on the bars as possible when trying to bring it up. I did notice that when I bounce it really hard and gas it a lot it comes up REALLY quick, sometimes catches me off guard. Give it a try, works for me atleast..

Last edited by McG241; 11-06-2012 at 09:46 AM.
McG241 is offline  
post #47 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 10:32 AM
Living The Dream
 
R6_350z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mother Effing Los Angeles!!
Posts: 3,807
Bike: 2009 Yamaha R6
Re: Another Wheelie Thread..

Quote:
Originally Posted by McG241 View Post
The same thing happened to me man when I bounce them in second, more so when I subconsciencely ended up yanking on the bars. Try to just concentrate on thinking about giving a good hard push down on the pegs with your legs only and giving it a ton of gas AS YOU BOUNCE DOWN.. I try to put as little pulling pressure on the bars as possible when trying to bring it up. I did notice that when I bounce it really hard and gas it a lot it comes up REALLY quick, sometimes catches me off guard. Give it a try, works for me atleast..
depends on what sprocket youre running too, stock i noticed in 2nd gear you need to be around 50mph and 8k rpms...clutch work is your best friend here should be a very quick squeeze and throttle and pulling up some...this is the only thing i dont like about yamahas being top end and all they pop up super quick...also keep your legs locked out kinda helps keep the balance...just a process getting used to

2009 Orange R6 Sold

MODS
- Shogun FS- Zero Gravity DB - Custom FE - Hot Bodies Flush Mounts - MotoDynamic Integrated Tail Light - Supersprox -1+2 - Taylormade Full Exhaust - PCV - OURY Grips - Corbin Seat - Ebay Shorty Levers

-Future Mods-
-Translogic MicroDash-Projectors-ASV Levers-GYTR Solo Seat- Bright Gold Carrozzeria Rims........

2011 ice silver metallic Audi A4
2004 350z(sold )



sig thanks to GIJoe007
R6_350z is offline  
post #48 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bloomsburg, PA
Posts: 80
Bike: 07' R6
Images: 2
Re: Another Wheelie Thread..

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6_350z View Post
depends on what sprocket youre running too, stock i noticed in 2nd gear you need to be around 50mph and 8k rpms...clutch work is your best friend here should be a very quick squeeze and throttle and pulling up some...this is the only thing i dont like about yamahas being top end and all they pop up super quick...also keep your legs locked out kinda helps keep the balance...just a process getting used to
I have stock gearing. I've never really tried pulling on the bars and clutching at the same time, does it come up smooth for you that way? How hard do you pull?
McG241 is offline  
post #49 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 12:00 PM
Living The Dream
 
R6_350z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mother Effing Los Angeles!!
Posts: 3,807
Bike: 2009 Yamaha R6
Re: Another Wheelie Thread..

Quote:
Originally Posted by McG241 View Post
I have stock gearing. I've never really tried pulling on the bars and clutching at the same time, does it come up smooth for you that way? How hard do you pull?
it comes up fairly quick more so then what i would want it to but nothing violent like first gear....and usually if i get the clutch perfect i dont really have to pull up that much and it goes to 11 o clock nice and smooth...at these speeds you need your pressure lowered for sure cus that shit is unstable with normal psi...trust me lol

2009 Orange R6 Sold

MODS
- Shogun FS- Zero Gravity DB - Custom FE - Hot Bodies Flush Mounts - MotoDynamic Integrated Tail Light - Supersprox -1+2 - Taylormade Full Exhaust - PCV - OURY Grips - Corbin Seat - Ebay Shorty Levers

-Future Mods-
-Translogic MicroDash-Projectors-ASV Levers-GYTR Solo Seat- Bright Gold Carrozzeria Rims........

2011 ice silver metallic Audi A4
2004 350z(sold )



sig thanks to GIJoe007
R6_350z is offline  
post #50 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bloomsburg, PA
Posts: 80
Bike: 07' R6
Images: 2
Re: Another Wheelie Thread..

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6_350z View Post
it comes up fairly quick more so then what i would want it to but nothing violent like first gear....and usually if i get the clutch perfect i dont really have to pull up that much and it goes to 11 o clock nice and smooth...at these speeds you need your pressure lowered for sure cus that shit is unstable with normal psi...trust me lol

Hmm maybe I'll give that a try this weekend, the weather's supposed to be decent. When you say your locking your legs, are you standing staggered or both feet on the front pegs?
McG241 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
power wheelie vs klutch wheelie ^UpOnOne^ Stunters Corner 7 02-07-2012 05:51 AM
Yes....another wheelie question thread! 3rd-Geer Stunters Corner 22 10-26-2010 08:33 AM
Which is better? A clutch wheelie or a power wheelie? SNEL Stunters Corner 18 09-30-2009 01:55 PM
First wheelie vid r6/04 Stunters Corner 12 09-06-2009 11:16 AM
wheelie??? yzf600bw How To's... 1 04-04-2007 09:52 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome