Wheelie Question!!!!! - Page 3 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 08:46 PM
Stunt Rider

Bike: R6/R1 Hybrid
Re: Wheelie Question!!!!!

I scrape my shit all................. the time. You need to learn how to control your footbrake.

R6/R1 hybrid
Zeus Armor crash cage, sub-cage, stunt stay, subframe brace, R1 rectifier mod. ATC steel subframe & ATC 12 bar. Runman big rotor HB setup with r6 monoblock calipers. Stunter-X res clamp hose kit. Dented gas tank with HT moto grip. Kleen air mod. GPR V1 steering damper. Brembo RCS 19. SS brake lines. BMC air filter. ATC adjustable clip ons. Brembo 16x18 HB. 05 R1 front forks. 06 FZ-6 rear rotor. NGK plugs. DCP radiator cage. LP gas cap. Secondary radiator fan switch setup. HT Moto Rear Seat. Leo Vince CBR 250 exhaust. Naarden shark fin. 14/54t 520 gearing. Intergrated rear turn signals. Engine Ice. Shaved wind screen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 09:41 PM
I gotta ride!

Bike: 05 R6 Raven

I too suck at wheelies, but I found power wheelies are pretty easy to do. Like you said before, roll on first gear to around 7k then stab it, what I do at this point is click second when the wheel comes up (no clutch just like my dirt bike) Second gear is much more forgiving with the throttle input. Here's the point that I usually b-tch out... Never went for third and never could keep the balance point to be able to keep the front up.
Good luck!

05 R6 Raven
520 -1+3 conversion
gpr
gytr shorty
power comander
sliders
speedo healer
graves block off plates
woodcraft case cover

had led's, flush mounts, fender elimator, and yosh trs but stripped for the track now!
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
I Ride Dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 R6 Rob View Post
I too suck at wheelies, but I found power wheelies are pretty easy to do. Like you said before, roll on first gear to around 7k then stab it, what I do at this point is click second when the wheel comes up (no clutch just like my dirt bike) Second gear is much more forgiving with the throttle input. Here's the point that I usually b-tch out... Never went for third and never could keep the balance point to be able to keep the front up.
Good luck!

yea dude its soo much easier to me ...i tired clutch today and im just scared to over do it and its too much work!...
power is soo much better imo..i went to a red light and in first gear stayed abt 7k and hit it hard and the wheel popped up soo nice was the best one i ever did ! just seems easier to me il try switching into second and seeing how that goes on the next one!
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 04:18 PM
Stunt Rider

Bike: R6/R1 Hybrid

Just wear your gear and practice. Don't get all squiddly and shit.

R6/R1 hybrid
Zeus Armor crash cage, sub-cage, stunt stay, subframe brace, R1 rectifier mod. ATC steel subframe & ATC 12 bar. Runman big rotor HB setup with r6 monoblock calipers. Stunter-X res clamp hose kit. Dented gas tank with HT moto grip. Kleen air mod. GPR V1 steering damper. Brembo RCS 19. SS brake lines. BMC air filter. ATC adjustable clip ons. Brembo 16x18 HB. 05 R1 front forks. 06 FZ-6 rear rotor. NGK plugs. DCP radiator cage. LP gas cap. Secondary radiator fan switch setup. HT Moto Rear Seat. Leo Vince CBR 250 exhaust. Naarden shark fin. 14/54t 520 gearing. Intergrated rear turn signals. Engine Ice. Shaved wind screen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.