03-31-2004, 09:15 AM
Just bought a new 2003 Yamaha YZF R6 Silver/Black. I haven't picked it up from the dealership yet because the East Coast is gonna get rain for the next 5 days.
I have one major concern with my new purchase. I read that the R6 is the most widely stolen bike in the nation. I have a garage in my apartment complex, but it's a public garage. I'm definitely going to purchase a bike cover, but I don't know what else I can do to lower the risk of theft. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
03-31-2004, 09:26 AM
couple of suggestions.......
1. sleep next to it with a desert eagle .50 cal
2. paint it pink and cover it in rainbow stickers
3. put pictures of the "Queer Eye" "guys" on it
4. pay a homosexual transvestite hooker to watch over it nightly
5. don't tell anyone outside of the complex where you keep it at night
6. get a bike alarm
7. get a disk lock
8. any determined thief is gonna take you bike regardless of all the safety measure you take. think about how easy it is for 2 guys to pick it up and throw it into the back of a truck. whats a disc lock gonna do for that? Atleast the alarm will make noise but no one listens to alarms anymore since they are so prevalent and go off at the slightest breeze.
I think #2 and #3 are your best bets. but aside from that, I would think you should really be ok with it in the complex parking garage as long as you need a pass or something to get into it.
03-31-2004, 10:56 AM
I think I'll stick with bike alarm and disk lock. But painting it pink is a rather tempting idea. Maybe I can also attach that purple Teletubby.
03-31-2004, 10:58 AM
Just wanted to tell you that this forum is truly an invaluable site for anyone and especially for newbs like me.