I think I got burned but it looks like a bruise [Archive] - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

: I think I got burned but it looks like a bruise

R6Girl210
08-31-2009, 10:02 AM
So I just started riding. This weekend was my second day out with my R6. And I kept feeling like the left side of my bike was SUPER hot! Like it literally felt like it was burning while I was riding, but didn't think much of it. Whe I got home and looked at my leg... it has a HUGE bruise that literally wraps around the inside of my calve from font to back. It didn't hurt till this morning where it now is a little sesitive but not like a normal bruise where it hurts when you press on it. I was wondering if this is normal and if my skin will just adjust to the heat?

theisel
08-31-2009, 10:13 AM
the bike being hot is normal, getting burned isnt. you should be wearing long jeans at minimum, maybe you were, i dont know.

oh ya welcome to the forum. post :boob

cashmoneyflo
08-31-2009, 10:23 AM
wear some jeans or nothing at all. should do the trick:moon

Agg2001
08-31-2009, 10:32 AM
THIS is a burn. (see below) yours sounds weird. but know, it's not a good idea to ride in shorts, b/c i'm guessing that's what you're currently doing.

(long story short, burn from a "midship" on a buddy's bike i got while loading it up for the track on friday afternoon)

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t119/agg2001/264c8c5d.jpg

airforcechick
08-31-2009, 10:56 AM
Do you have any pics? unless you actually hit your leg on something its most likely not a bruise but no way to tell for sure without seeing it. I had a similar thing happen to me last summer... I rode our 07 R6 from St George back to Vegas and it felt really hot on the left side the whole time but i was wearing jeans so i figured it couldn't be actually burning me. By the time we got into vegas it hurt/burned like hell so i rolled up my pant leg to find 1st/2nd degree burns all over around my knee and lower leg. The only thing it could have been was from the excess heat blowing off the left side of the engine onto my leg. (i'll add a pic later when i get home)

R6Girl210
08-31-2009, 11:04 AM
I was definately wearing jeans. Thick jeans at that...

How do I post up pics?

r3x1mu5
08-31-2009, 11:20 AM
I was definately wearing jeans. Thick jeans at that...

How do I post up pics?

http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12945 <----that's how

welcome, :cheers

R6Girl210
08-31-2009, 11:21 AM
This is what it looked like Saturday night after the ride...
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c111/mariafalcon/829burn.jpg
And then this is Sunday morning... Today it looks more black and blue
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c111/mariafalcon/830burn.jpg

But yeah I was wearing jeans!

Brad0418
08-31-2009, 11:30 AM
Wow...it kinda looks like a burn ..and your sure you didnt bang it into anything... typically a burn blisters some...and atleast peels a little depending on how severe...are you putting anything on it? like a bandage ..neosporin ?

YoBoyDanny
08-31-2009, 11:37 AM
and i got a big crack in my ass, does anyone wanna see that?

R6Girl210
08-31-2009, 11:40 AM
No I haven't put anything on it... At first I tought it might be a bruise but I went and sat on the bike and it's right where I feeling all the heat and felt my leg cooking haha. My right calve has a little bit of a bruise that's spread out in the same area but I didn't feel as much heat on that side.

r3x1mu5
08-31-2009, 12:09 PM
get a pair of these, problem solved http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Sidi_B2_Ladies_Boots--618052.html

airforcechick
08-31-2009, 12:16 PM
No I haven't put anything on it... At first I tought it might be a bruise but I went and sat on the bike and it's right where I feeling all the heat and felt my leg cooking haha. My right calve has a little bit of a bruise that's spread out in the same area but I didn't feel as much heat on that side.

it looks like it could be a first degree burn. try putting neosporin on it. hopefully that helps

Slickonez99
08-31-2009, 12:16 PM
The heat is normal on that bike due to the big bulky piece of shit Cat under the bike. The only thing that will stop it is full exhaust or a custom mid-pipe.

As for the burn, i've never got one from that it's just really hot. If it's the left inside of your leg, i have no clue. Boots can also cure this.

Now post n00dz so we have a better understanding of the complete picture here.

02carbonr6
08-31-2009, 05:18 PM
that sucks

BTMendenhall
08-31-2009, 05:48 PM
I have a full exhaust and have had the same problem as her.
From what i could tell, it was the heat exiting the radiator.
I found out when i was riding like a noob last summer in shorts (it was 115 out).:nono Never again...

R6Girl210
09-01-2009, 09:04 AM
Ok So I took my bike out last night aaaaaand... I think it might actually be a bruise HAHA
When I put my foot on floor the bruise is right where my peg is. I only realized it because now that the area is real sensitive whenever my leg was making pressure with the peg it hurt. Thanks you guys for all the suggestions and help!! My bike still does get extremely hot on that side but I guess I just hae to get used to it and tough it out HAHA

BTMendenhall
09-01-2009, 09:06 AM
What peg are you talking about? I dont remember ever seeing a peg in the calf area...

R6Girl210
09-01-2009, 09:32 AM
The peg you put your left foot on. The only peg on that side. I'm 5'2 so where the peg is on my leg with the bike upright is probably not where the peg would be to your leg.

Postman
09-01-2009, 01:03 PM
Ok So I took my bike out last night aaaaaand... I think it might actually be a bruise HAHA
When I put my foot on floor the bruise is right where my peg is. I only realized it because now that the area is real sensitive whenever my leg was making pressure with the peg it hurt. Thanks you guys for all the suggestions and help!! My bike still does get extremely hot on that side but I guess I just hae to get used to it and tough it out HAHA

you beat me to it. I got those bruises when i first started riding. definitely from the foot peg from the times i was walking my bike & noob stops.

stasijane
09-01-2009, 04:13 PM
I know when I first got my A star suit I felt a burning also and had burns up both legs where the zipper was I was wearing my boots to. It wasnt to big but hurt like hell and took months to heal

Slickonez99
09-01-2009, 06:38 PM
I know when I first got my A star suit I felt a burning also and had burns up both legs where the zipper was I was wearing my boots to. It wasnt to big but hurt like hell and took months to heal

why aren't you females posting any n00dz?

:suicidegirls: :woot:

Lizcapone456
09-04-2009, 09:11 PM
Ive got the same bruises above my ankles. but i kinda figured it was from the pegs! lol glad you figured out what your problem is!

Shabazz310
09-04-2009, 10:19 PM
Wear a condom man! Just kidding.:hump

fre$h_turk
09-05-2009, 01:59 PM
Do you have all the fairings on the bike?

ArchangelXFactor
09-07-2009, 08:57 PM
I got something like that too but I'm pretty sure that it is from my boots...the pipe made them hot and it burned my leg up a little and it looked like bruises.

09-08-2009, 07:43 AM
Do you have any pics? unless you actually hit your leg on something its most likely not a bruise but no way to tell for sure without seeing it. I had a similar thing happen to me last summer... I rode our 07 R6 from St George back to Vegas and it felt really hot on the left side the whole time but i was wearing jeans so i figured it couldn't be actually burning me. By the time we got into vegas it hurt/burned like hell so i rolled up my pant leg to find 1st/2nd degree burns all over around my knee and lower leg. The only thing it could have been was from the excess heat blowing off the left side of the engine onto my leg. (i'll add a pic later when i get home)

same thing happens to me all the time. It seems like the engine is always extreamly hot on the left side. The plastic gets extreamly hot. Maybe they make a wrap or something you can put on the opposite side.