Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Streetfighter conversion advice needed

31K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  tdoss1980 
#1 ·
I want to convert my Y reg r6 into a streetfighter but need information on how to do it. I could use information on different handle bars and what I would need to change with them (yoke/risers/if cables need to be lengthened etc.) if there's any other information on a streetfighter conversion that could help it would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
Search a bit... There are tons of threads about this here.

Check for GYTR parts, it's made by Yamaha.

Remove front fairing, remove side fairing, put a cage (it looks great but expensive), put a single beam headlight (or not if you're a *******), etc.

BTW : Welcome to the forum, there's a section for new members ;) :wave

#4 ·
You might want to check with some of the stunt guys or google dirt bike bar conversion kits. I havent been into that scene in like 7 years, so I dont know any of the names and companies really anymore, but its been being done for a long time now. I wanna say LSL makes a decent setup. Its pretty easy though.

#5 ·
#18 ·
Just stumbled upon this forum but on my local i found this R6. Really like the way it looks and it has 23k miles, which i think is pretty reasonable. Only scared about the nose because the lights don't look like they're meant for night driving. What do you guys think?

https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/mcy/5374602278.html

Attachments

#20 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.