Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Need some advice...

2K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  ChiefSmokeDawg 
#1 ·
Just found out I received two year orders to Bahrain, and I can't take the 6 with me.

I've never heard of anyone storing a bike for over 6 months without everything going to shit on it.

I don't have anyone in the immediate area I trust with it for 2 years except my brothers but both of them will be receiving orders to Maryland and WA respectfully and wont be able to take it with them....

What should I do :(? I love my R6 and I just dropped about 3500$ into it so I REALLY don't want to sell it.

#2 ·
Sucks but selling it is your best option... Regardless of what you invested in it. If you were to store it for two years it'd cost more then it was worth by the time you got back. Storage costs, plus what it'd cost to get rollin again. Sell it and get something newer when you get back... That's just how it goes in the military sometimes. We give a lot more then most realize. Bahrain is great though, you'll love it. Best of luck!

:cheers

#3 ·
This is my 2nd tour unfortunately I will not love it haha Bahrain was shit last time I was there doubt it's changed much. I wouldn't have to pay storage as I would prolly just leave it at my parents and drain everything out, I've thrown the idea around of selling it and getting a new bike when I get back, but if I sell it I am 99% sure the next thing I buy will be my house and not a bike lol.

#10 ·
Garage it and have another thing to look forward to and yearn for when you get home!!!

Leo Corsa, ECU flashes, etc... I keep my shit when I own it. :fact

And what's the value gonna go down? Maybe $800 or so in a couple years of just chillin out. It's a newer bike, not like an 06-07 too.. And you have a year round bike market there too.

#14 ·
I'm with Chief on this one. I think if you store it right, you should be good. I have stored mine for 14 months while deployed and I was so glad I did when I got home.

I get pretty attached to my stuff, especially when I dump my time and sweat and blood into it. Some people don't get attached like that though, if it's just the money to you, then I think you have answered your own question.

Good luck either way and try to have some fun in the sandbox!

#12 ·
2011 R6 with 7k Miles on it

Full Leo Corsa system
Bazzaz ZFI/AFM
Puig DB windscreen
Flashed ECU
Hotbodies Fender eliminator
Flush mounts
New Headlights
BMC Air filter
Shermoto Levers
Smog block offs

Have a couple other things for it I need to throw on it it as well, just haven't had the time.

#16 ·
id just return it to stock sell it and hold on to the parts or sell them now if you have time

#18 ·
You just want dibs on a local Corsa system with ultra low miles bro. Don't joke!!! :cheers :laugh

idk where you are located but there is a guy here in battle creek, mi that does some pretty cool shit for soldiers, he owns his own shop its called hawkeye superbikes he is a really cool guy and like i said he does some cool shit for soldiers, check him out if you are anywhere near hear! i know as of right now he has had a guys bike for like 3 years and he keeps it in his showroom year round, and does all the stuff that needs to be done while you are gone........just a thought!
This is MEGA!!!! ^^

Crate it up bro, put it in storage. Pay the fees in advance. Keep the insurance on it, but don't register it. You would probably get special rate on it for storage only, etc.

I'd offer this to you if I were closer.

#17 ·
idk where you are located but there is a guy here in battle creek, mi that does some pretty cool shit for soldiers, he owns his own shop its called hawkeye superbikes he is a really cool guy and like i said he does some cool shit for soldiers, check him out if you are anywhere near hear! i know as of right now he has had a guys bike for like 3 years and he keeps it in his showroom year round, and does all the stuff that needs to be done while you are gone........just a thought!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.