Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Bryant's 2000 R6

22K views 131 replies 20 participants last post by  BBudensiek 
#1 · (Edited)
Bryant's 2000 R6 *Updated*

I have been looking thru this section alot and have been loving everything i see!!!! SO i figured i would start my own thread and see what kinda opinions i can get on my bike :)
This is my 1st bike i have ever bought and i love it! Its a 2000 r6 (1 owner before me). Has 17,xxx miles on it. All stock except for the pipe...
The pipe on it is a JArdine RT-1 slip on, that i shortened about 5 inches about a week ago (all thanks to the help of LarryJ). And fricken love the outcome of it.
Here are some pics

1st day i brought the bike home

About a week later

me in the middle and a few buddies

Same

OH CRAP :p haha no its a cop we know and she was just talking to us lol

pic of the exhaust chopped :)

Another

Lemme know what u guys think and ill keep posting on here updates of my bike :)

See less See more
#7 ·
Nice!

#10 ·
Thanks guys!!! im glad i joined this forum :D Im thinking my next upcoming mods are as follows
Jet kit
New chain/ prolly -1/+1 sprockets
Than just mostly apperance mods :)

#14 ·
haha idk if im ready for the race trakc like that yet :D cive only had the bike a couple months now haha ive raced at the drag strip :p.... but i mainly do street driving. Thats the main reason im going with -1/+1

#15 ·
Nice looking 1st gen, i love owning a 1st gen and going on our weekly bike night rides and showing it off! :toocool:

#16 ·
Thanks Bq. I Love having a first gen bcuz u dont see clean ones aorund much anymore... YOu see newer ones everywhere. But i got a ? for u bq... How do you like the -1/stock rear sprockets? did u notice a change? im thinking bout doing that or doing -1/+1. But i havent decided yet

#19 ·
i know some people may bash me about this... but im debating about putting a few LED strips on my bike to make it glow. Just hide the strips so they glow the engine bay and areas like that. I just want some opinions here. Do you guys think i should go with blue leds or White leds?

#20 ·
Well got all my carbon fiber parts on now :) just waiting for the rear hugger to get here in the mail. This weekend ill take some pics and put em up on here. But also i think my project for this weekend will be to paint my exhaust can anodized blue. What you guys think?

#22 ·
why you thumbs down me :( What do you recommend? lol Bcuz my can had alot of harline swirl marks in it so i got this bright idea of wetsanding it last night and now it looks worse -_-

#28 ·
Not sure if what you wet sanded had clear on it or what, but when wet sanding the clear on the bodywork I do, you need to compound and polish the piece afterwards to get the shine back.

Anything other than automotive paint often fades. On the exhaust you'd need exhaust paint and it's not gonna be any kind of sexy finish like you are hoping for.

It's good to see you posting up some updates!! At least text me a pic of all this CF!

#23 ·
Semi-gloss black would look good on the can. The problem with blue I think is it won't match very well to your bike. You can try it, and if you don't like it, paint it black. Win win if you ask me.

If this is purely a street bike, I would stick with stock sprockets. When you really think about it there's no reason to be able to accelerate harder on the street. It's a 600, it already accelerates harder than damn near anything else you'll encounter on the street. Depending how many track days I get to do this year (not looking good so far), I'm likely going to put stock sprockets on my R6 when this current set is due for replacement.

#30 ·
i did polish it after sanding. I used mag/aluminum polish and nothing helped lol..... I have new decals from jardine they sent me for free :D haha. The fading you talk about chief is bad. i dont want that..... You guys got any other ideas besides black can? or buy new exhaust... which i dont wanna do lol if i dont have to

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.