Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Warning, fake Alpinestars gloves from ebay seller dilpeggg

8K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  XRayHound 
#1 · (Edited)
I just bought some fake Alpinestars gloves on ebay. They were advertised as the 2008 model so it made since that they were $140, especially since a new model has just been released. I thought they were just trying to clear out old stock. When they arrived I had some suspicions that they were fake because "Alpinestars" was misspelled on the packaging. Good job, send your fake products in Engrish. After some research I confirmed my suspicions. There is no Kevlar lining or perforation in the palms. The ebay seller is dilpeggg. I sent him a message just now but I haven't heard back from him yet. I expect a full refund including shipping. I will raise some hell if he tries to give me trouble. Wish me luck.

Here is a good video I found to identify the problems with knock off gloves. In doing a little research, this seems to be a common problem.

Anyway, these are the pics I took.

There should be some perforation in the palm.

No kevlar lining

And the biggest, mis-spelling of "Alpinestaps"

See less See more
1 5
#5 ·
Contact riders discount they have a price I think you'd like.

#11 ·
This is what happens when you outsource your production to china. I wouldn't even be surprised if they are made under the same roof as the real alpinestars goods. It's not uncommon. I for sure know of two different instances where very expensive carbon fiber items were just painted with a different paint scheme and sold right out of the same factory/facility to a startup I helped a friend develop.

#18 ·
I'm not sure if they would hold up just as good because there is no kevlar lining, but who knows how much that really helps. Either way, I'm not willing to risk it. I didn't feel that this deal was too good to be true because they are the old 2008 model. I purchased my Tech 1-R suit for $950 from an actual retailer when they discontinued the model. Great discounts are out there when new models come out. Besides, I like the 2008 color scheme better than the 2013 models so I thought this was just old stock on clearance. I learned my lesson.

As far as an update, the seller has agreed to refund my money but he requested that I not leave negative or neutral feedback. I just ignored the question, but he still thinks these are genuine gloves, as if Alpinestars just decided to release some gloves with no kevlar lining. He said because the lining is only 40% kevlar, it makes since if you cannot see it. Whatever...I'm not sure how he explains the misspelling of Alpinestaps. He even went as far as sending me the e-mail conversation between him and a previous customer that is happy with his purchase of these gloves, as if his previous customer is an expert. Well, his previous customer rides on the street and I ride on the track. There is a difference. I don't want to take a chance.

#21 ·
the implied joke i was making was that A* gloves blow d*ck anyway :lmao seriously i had a brand new pair i wore for about 1k miles and they busted open at the seams. fcuk that! ive been down twice in my held phantoms and not only did my hands feel ok, but the gloves really arent that bad. ill be using them next season with no hesitation. :YEA

#20 ·
Boom :fact

#22 ·
Well, I got my full refund including shipping. The seller still claims that the gloves are real despite the misspelling and missing parts. Out of no where the auction was pulled from ebay so I couldn't even leave feedback. The seller says I was the only one that complained about the gloves so I'm not sure why they were pulled. This has been an eye opener to me. I will check out the suggetions from you guys.

#25 ·
The sad thing is in my search for a new pair of gloves recently (Held fcuking Phantoms carry the day again... the Kool Aid is not just drank but CHUGGED :D ) I found lots of vendors closing out the older GP Pro for like just $23 more than you paid for the knock offs.

That said mine are 2008 and don't have the palm venting you refer to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.