Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

tank scratches

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Mac7504 
#1 ·
My r6 is fairly new and I have a few small scatches around the tank area, My tank is black so it stands out like a sore thumb! I believe the culprite is my jacket. I have been looking at tank pads but by the looks of it, none of them do a very good job of protecting the whole area and mostly are for looks. I think i'm going to go with tech spec's pads for the sides but what is a good pad for the top of the tank??? All of the pads that I have seen only cover a smal area. Don't hate, I like to keep my toys mint! :toocool:

#2 ·
Haven't seen anything much bigger then the regular old ones for the top.

BUT, if you're real picky, there is such a thing as a vinyl protector that's clear, you can have put on. Pretty sure most tint shops, and auto vinyl places do it.

Friend got the front end of his car wrapped in it, and works great.

#3 ·
this ^^

you can always put a clear bra on it then a tank protector

#5 ·
be cheaper and look better if you get a clear bra put on it and then get a regular tank pad lol

#14 ·
I've seen a carbon fiber piece that covers like the whole back half of the tank posted before.

Otherwise, sebimoto sells tank covers that go over the WHOLE tank! I've got a couple of em I'm sittin on. It eliminates the black side pieces and gives the bike a VERY clean look. RogerM has it on his bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.