Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

triple tree conversion question

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  !!A2K!! 
#1 ·
I have a 2005 R6. Im looking to change over my 05 triple tree for an 06 triple tree. However, I have read that this will change the rake of my bike from 24.5 to 24. What all does this mean for general handeling/suspension of the bike on the street. Also, I may want to take the bike to the track in a year or two, so is this rake difference a good or bad idea?

Thanks for your input.

rob
geaux saints!

#2 ·
I don't think that will work. The offset will be different. It won't line up.

#3 ·
Wont work.....it either needs to be 05 upper and lower or 06+ upper and lower. They WILL not work if you try to put 05 top on 06+ bootom and vice versa

#7 ·
The front end is unique to that year only. The rear is the same as all the bikes that look like the 03-08 R6/R6S, but different years use different shock bodies. The rear shocks are different lengths and have different spring rates. Hence the red and yellow spring colors. The 05 R6 is the most unique of all the years because it is the only one that has that front end and engine combo. The 05 has a slightly different intake track from the other years.

Basically nothing on the 05 front end will work on, or with front end parts from any other year. You can put any rear ( from similar style bike ) on any year as well as any rear part. The front is the only thing totally incompatible.

This only apples to the major suspension parts though. I.E the triple tree, triple clamp, forks and clip ons. However if you have an entire 06 R6v front end, it can be a direct swap. The new 06 front end is longer and will change ride height in the front end, but can be worked around.

#8 ·
^ you will also need a spacer for the triple becuase the steering stem on the r6v is a little longer than the one for the r6s

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.