Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

11' gtyr slip on.

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  honda4life05 
#1 ·
Hey guys i'm just looking to clear up on some information that I have been reading. I'm looking to get rid of the long ugly silver stock exhuast and put on a carbon gtyr slip on, mostly for astetic reasons, and if is a tad louder I wouldn't mind. Is that what the slip on mostly does? Also i read that If i take off the werx cables going to the pipe BUT still leave the motor plugged in, i do not need the little modual to fix the error light coming on? That little piece is $60! thanks for any help!!

#2 ·
Correct, slip on are mostly for looks and sound, not performance. You can leave the EXUP cables hanging and you will not receive a CEL. I believe there's a $3 mod on here to make you own EXUP eliminator plug Instead of paying $60. Removing the servo motor cleans up the under tail area a bit as well and you lose about 1-1.5lb of weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#3 ·
Is it possible to removie the cables from the motor so that their not hanging there? I thought I saw a how-to but can't find it! Also should the bike still run like I have a stock exhuast? no idle problems? I assume is should especially since it's a yamaha accesory

#7 ·
i just put my carbon GYTR slip on, on my 12' r6 just yesterday. Removing the exup cables and putting my slip on took about 20 mins. under the tall in fdront of the shock youll see i rubber case with two bolts unscrew that and the servo will come out and open the rubber case and disconnect the cables but leave the servo plugged in...you will loose a little power in the lower RPM range cause removing the cables will make the servo think the butterfly stays open all the time, cause no back pressure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.