Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

And the so the cold weather comes..

2K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  honda4life05 
#1 ·
Ugh, I've only had my bike about two months and now it's time to put it away for winterize it. Oh the joys of living in Northeast PA lol. I have a nice hour drive back to my parents house today where I store it.. It's 40 degrees and rainy, awesome! Is it spring yet?

#5 ·
I bought mine last year end of october and didn't even put it on the road until this march.

That sucks

#11 ·
80 degrees?? :asshole ...It's about time I move to a warmer region like yourself lol. This is going to be my first ride in all out rain too. It's a 60 min highway ride, and I have no winter riding gear. It's at my parents house, go figure! I'm going to layerup as much as possible and hope for the best. I only have thin summer riding gloves too, I've heard wearing a pair of latex gloves underneath helps in cold weather?

#12 ·
I rode all thru the last 2 Winters. Finally broke down and bought a cage for this winter. We don't have much of winter here but it still sucks riding in 30ish degree weather. Just had a cold front move thru and bring temps into the 50s (way to cold), but should warm up a bit before winter takes over

#13 ·
Just had a cold front move thru and bring temps into the 50s (way to cold), but should warm up a bit before winter takes over
:sing 38* today dry and sunny, im riding. Got some wind stopper gloves and throw a hoodie under the jacket and thats all i got. First year of riding but i think some heated gloves will be on the xmas list
Edit: i live in minnesnowta so ill take any rideable day i can...they are numbered

#17 ·
I just wear my 1PC and a hoodie and under amour and a few socks etc
I'd rather it be 100 than 50 degrees

#19 ·
yea this summer really sucked ! finally got the bike really finished and then one of my horses "Cisco" died (Cisco kid was a friend of mine) My mother had a stroke, and i had a car stolen and wrecked.And Screw the good hands people. and so lets start winter. Sandy didnt hurt me so much so things could be worse.

#25 ·
I just picked my first r6 up and i'm just getting used to it! Here in IL I am fortunate to ride in november, supposed to be 64 tommorow but then the temp drops like a sack of potatoes for the whole week. I think tomorrow is my last day of riding until the salt gets washed off the roads from winter. Oh well, Just picked me up a battery tender!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.