Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

what did I get myself into?

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  redisdeadrideblue 
#1 ·
well I don't think it's that bad but I could use some help.

Anyway, I installed a 2008 r6 into a 2005 yfz450 roller. after a day of messing with the wiring I got it to run. Note it didn't run very well. It started the first time, idled and then reved to the moon. next time it idles but when given throttle, it would die. I went into diag mode and made sure all the values were correct. The only codes that come up are 17 exup and 23 air pressure sensor but I'm working on those (I have the exup plug coming in the mail)
I continued to mess around with it and now it wont run.
Fuel pump works, has spark, turns over...

unfortunately I think I messed up some how. When I thought it wasn't getting enough fuel, I tried turning the key on and off a few times. This lead to the secondary injectors popping off the rail. How do I put those back together without them leaking?

for now I want to fix the leak before it goes up in flames

Additional info:
the bike is canadian
harness and ecu were purchased from an American bike to eliminate immobilizer

See less See more
#3 ·
well I don't think it's that bad but I could use some help.

Anyway, I installed a 2008 r6 into a 2005 yfz450 roller. after a day of messing with the wiring I got it to run. Note it didn't run very well. It started the first time, idled and then reved to the moon. next time it idles but when given throttle, it would die. I went into diag mode and made sure all the values were correct. The only codes that come up are 17 exup and 23 air pressure sensor but I'm working on those (I have the exup plug coming in the mail)
I continued to mess around with it and now it wont run.
Fuel pump works, has spark, turns over...

unfortunately I think I messed up some how. When I thought it wasn't getting enough fuel, I tried turning the key on and off a few times. This lead to the secondary injectors popping off the rail. How do I put those back together without them leaking?

for now I want to fix the leak before it goes up in flames

Additional info:
the bike is canadian
harness and ecu were purchased from an American bike to eliminate immobilizer
well that explains it :sing

#6 ·
Was the engine in working condition before the retrofit?

#7 ·
yes the engine came from a running bike. As for more details the exhaust is a custom made header made from 1 1/2" mandrel pipe that goes into a can from a gsxr 600. It was fired up with open headers. As for the air filters, I tried fitting pods but realized they wont work due to the secondary injectors that sit inside. (I think thats why they came apart?) the wiring has been changed to a harness from an American 2009 model and the ecu is from a 2010.

When the bike was started, it idled high then reved out. The second time it idled but had no throttle response and died.

Could it be that I had the 2 tps plugs are in the wrong ones?

Thanks for any insight on this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.