Votes: 25 32.1%
  • AGV GP-Tech

Votes: 21 26.9%
  • Bell Star Carbon

Votes: 26 33.3%

Helmets

7K views 70 replies 37 participants last post by  06r6-87 
#1 · (Edited)
Taking into consideration the price... and best ventilation.

#3 ·
Bell Star. Flows HUGE amounts of air. My head gets cold in the morning from all the airflow.

#11 ·
I have the Bell Carbon and I hate it. It flows a ton of air, but ****, it's stupidly LOUD. If you value any sort of quiet comfort in your helmet, don't get it. If you want one that flows a ton of air at any cost, it's a great helmet.

FWIW, I have a scala rider G4 radio hooked up to it to talk to my buddy when we cruise and I can't hear the speakers on their loudest volume at ~50+ mph. I have the speakers mounted on the outside of the pads practically pressed against my ears just to hear them.

#16 ·
Depends on your head shape. Ex aria doesn't fit me for shit and shoei fits great. And with helmets you get what you pay for

#18 ·
agv gp tech...i have bell star aria and suomy..agv sh!ts on the rest of them imo so comfy

#20 ·
i have the gp-tech, chin vents flow well, the top vents cant say the same imo, i think it was designed more for pushing air through the top vents and pulling air out through the venturi vents in the back, there are holes in the EPS liner but air doesnt blow directly on your head.

other than that my only complaint is the view when you're in a tucked position its hard to see out of the top.

my replacement i'll probably look towards the bell star carbon or corsair. But im also curious what the price range is going to be for the new AGVs that are being release for 2013

#22 ·
Go and see if any local shops carry those brands and try them on to see which fits the best.

#24 · (Edited)
I have GMAX and ICON. GMAX is awesome! ICON... not so.

Just throw that in there, since for the price range below all the high end helmets, GMAX did very well in impact test as well.

few reviews: http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/gmax/gm68s/ This is my helmet:

minus the scratches. it's the red and white and they make blue and white.

And there is an impact test that Snell or motorcyclist or someone published that lists impact scores somewhere floating around the web.

#26 ·
486 is a pretty good deal..check out sportbiketrackgear.com they have pretty good clearance on both gp tech and bell star....my experience bell star runs big...my agv gp tech is a small and fits perfectly snug it was tight at first but now its just awesome....the bell star is a bit loose not to bad but def can feel the difference I'm sure i need an XS in bell...im also a small in suomy and arai so just some advice for ya

#27 ·
I got my GP Tech from Revzilla for $400 something with free shipping. Great store with great service. That said, I do agree that upper level visibility in tucked position in the GP Tech is noticeably worse than say my HJC helmets.

Bell helmets don't fit my head at all. I tried the RS-1's and Small was too tight and Medium too big. They are for ppl with oval shapes heads. Same with Scorpion. Just don't fit my round noggen... For ppl with round heads, HJC, AGV, and Arai seem to fit best...

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

#31 ·
I don't think its even worth it buying a helmet over $400 since helmets only have a 5 year life span until the "integrity" of the helmet gets compromised. Should just get like HJC RPS-10 every 5 years for 15 years and that will be the price of buying these expensive as hell helmets that last only 5 years in my opinion.

#65 ·
As already said, fit is most important.

Shoei RF1100 fits me well, and I picked up my solid color one for <$400 delivered a year ago. I am fund limited so I pick quality helmet over cool paint job. If I could, I'd get both.

This is true, and why I insist on a quality helmet that is not too expensive (so I forgo cool graphics).

But one thing that is being ignored is the helmet collection. After their useful life span, most of our old helmets sit on top of my book cases. The ones we spent more on getting cool graphics ..., look much cooler sitting up there. Laugh if you want, but to many the "display-ability" or cool associated with a helmet keeps paying back for many, many years after the helmets useful life.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.