Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Drying gear out?

3K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  MELK-MAN 
#1 ·
I just got back from riding in a monsoon. My suit, gloves, and boots are soaked. Whats the best way to dry it all out? All leather and im pretty sure heat eouldnt be good. right now its all on the floor under my ceiling fan.

Thanks guys

#4 ·
Nice ill have to get one, I ride in the rain a lot.

But in the mean time should I worry about the leather drying out or shrinking?

#6 ·
Alright cool, thanks

#8 ·
Will do, I'll go get some tomorrow. I ran out of conditioner last week after I took a shower with my suit on. Thought I was gonna pass out from the heat so I just fell in the shower lol

#23 ·
+1 for the Lexol. The spray is really easy to use and helps get the bugs off. If you ride in the rain a lot, maybe you need a rain suit to go over your leathers. I've got one. They're fairly cheap.

#13 ·
Leather will stretch easily when wet. If you are talking a heavy jacket or suit then yes, it can stretch under its own weight.

#14 ·
i paid too much money to eff up my leathers even though i got a screaming good deal on it. spidi recommended hanging to dry. i've not heard of leathers stretching, but there are some shitty suits out there so i wouldn't say it couldn't happen.

#17 ·
Alright well I left it laying on the floor under tgr fan over night and that pretty much dried it all out. Went for a ride today and it's all good. Its a a* mx1 suit so its kinda heavy I would think it would stretch on a hanger

#19 ·
I want to do track day in the rain. Seems like it would be fun.

Boots will shrink if you dry them with a heater... My friend dried his smx plus boots in front of a space heater, now he says they feel a good bit tighter

#22 ·
If you really want a hanger to dry it, look to a different sport, Like SCUBA gear, its called a Hangair and works great I own two of them for my gear, and 60 bucks for them, holds alot of weight, as I hang my heaviest of wet suits and even dry suits from them.

but use a good conditioner as others have said, and sorry to pull this from page 4 but thought if I can save people cash, its all good.

http://www.scuba.com/scuba-gear-166/032986/Underwater-Kinetics-Hangair-Wetsuit-Drysuit-Dryer.html

#25 ·
hell yea man. thanks :cheers
great first post lol

#26 ·
after a rain race weekend, i lay the leathers and gear on a bunch of towels on a guest bed with the ceiling fan on. here in Florida it's rain forest humid, so ya need the gear inside in the AC.
whatever ya do, don't leave em in the trailer or in a gear bag. i'm guessing the funk will be intense.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.