Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

How-to: Install UniqueMotoLights Mini H1 Projector kit into 2006 - 2012 R6 headlights

135K views 477 replies 85 participants last post by  borka 
#1 · (Edited)
This post contains the instructions on how to install our bkmoto Mini H1 HID projector kit into your 2006 - 2012 Yamaha R6 headlights.

You may use this post as a support forum for installation questions as well, and i will try to answer any questions that may arise.

This install is not difficult at all, just follow these instructions.

I offer professional installation as well, you can send me in your headlight and i will install this kit, add any options you want like angel eyes, dual angle eyes, black out reflectors etc... and will return your headlight to you completely assembled and plug and play.

Professional Installation costs $250 + the cost of the kit from our website with your selected options.. (You mail us your headlight)

For more information about the kit or to purchase yours please see this post:
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150382

Our website to order is:
http://www.bkmoto.com

We now sell completely assembled plug and play headlights!
http://www.bkmoto.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=82_86

Full installation videos:

Part 1

Parts 2

See less See more
#3 ·
They look to be mini gatling gun shroud. You can get normal gatling for fx-rs. A lot of people put the ccfl under the shroud so it looks like the below picture.. I have this set up coming in to put into my SFS, unsure if i will be using the CCFL though.

#9 ·
yes, I need a few more days, been real busy lately, as i also just came out with a brand new 600rr kit...

i will try to have this typed up in 2-3 days.

Reactions: Waqsy
#10 ·
looks fantastic

#14 ·
order received, thanks!

Your kit will ship out this Tuesday.

dont worry about the wiring, its very easy, and ill post it up before you get the kit.

#16 ·
these look sick! maybe what ill buy with my fantasy football winnings :D

#17 ·
hey borka,

i'm having a little confusion on my getting my lights to turn on. everything is set up to test the lights, however i have 2 extra wires from my terminal wire (the wire that connects to the terminals) compared to your picture. on the other end of the battery-side of the terminal wire, i have the bigger male black/yellow plug which i see in your picture, but i also have a blue and white wire with male style ends, and a red and black wire which seems to connect to the red/black wire that's coming out of the projector since the connections match.

can you clarify this part a little bit? i'll send you an e-mail too because i'd love to finish this tonight if possible.

#24 ·
i'll get pics up as soon as possible. i have the projectors in and they work beautifully but i shorted one of the halo invertors (my fault) so the halo wiring is on hold for a little bit.

borka is great with his service and the product is legit! i came across a little problem (again, my fault) and he let me call him and he talked me through it step-by-step.

bump for an excellent vendor!

#27 ·
hey borka..been lurking on this thread for awhile now..i just have one question..do i need to order the extra hid light bulbs under Extra HID Light bulbs option?..I have a 2009 black and gold R6..need a suggestion of what color of halo rings to order for the front..yellow and red are my options..thanks in advance..will place order soon..

#29 ·
You dont have to order extra bulbs, i just offer them as some people like to have extra's around in case a bulb burns out, so they dont have to wait until i send a new one out.

As for angel eyes, are you getting the dual angel eyes or single front angel eyes?

For Dual, Red front and white rear is my most popular combo.

I also have yellow, the yellow halos are a light yellow color.

I will take a picture of all the halo colors that i have tonight and post them here, but its pretty hard to capture the color on camera, as the camera always seems to wash out the color.

ummmm newbie question..in this picture, where does the highbeam ground go?..just got confuse there for a bit..thanks cheers..
The High beam ground will no be used for anything in this wiring scenario.

#36 ·
blacking out the reflectors is mostly for looks, as it looks better with projectors, plus it makes the halos more visible, since they are not reflecting from your chrome reflectors.

#40 ·
yeah I'm thinking about blacking out the shrouds too.
any input on paint brands or w/e? or just look for something "high temp ok"? (regarding reflectors too..

also, if anyone has some good photoshop skills he/she should ask borka to steal a pic of the housings installed, and then black out reflectors and shrouds to kind of get a glimpse of what it would look like! :)

#41 ·
Rust-Oleum or Krylon spray paint is fine, just get high temp and something that adheres well to plastic.

you should lightly sand the surface,then wash, let dry, then apply some high temp plastic primer, let dry, then paint, let dry, then one more coat of paint.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.