Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

D'oh Status > 9000

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  motoman21 
#1 ·
So it was the second to last day of the year that I had planned on riding, albeit it was December 3rd. It was 63 degrees and raining, the 4th of December was showing 53-55 degrees, perfect day to clean her up and put her away. So while out enjoying myself in the rain with a friend, I got the tires decently warm in the country, enjoying a few turns at a higher rate of speed than I should have, on a slightly bumpier surface than I should have. Got away with it, all was well....Until....I decided to go Johnny Hot Rod over a set of RR tracks I'd completely forgotten to be where they were. Whoops.

1) Shouldn't have been riding to the point where I couldn't have slowed down on normal roads in said conditions.

2) Was lucky to COMPLETELY end up unhurt.

3) These RR tracks are SO close to the turn, would have been a surprise even in the dry, even without the fall there would have been a butt pucker.

Either way I'm fine, bikes fine. Scene of the accident and Pics of damaged bike.

I was northbound, turned eastward to my doom.

I had rain pants on, didn't even tear a hole in them. Or my jacket. Helmet never touched the ground. With as wet as it was I slid along the road almost as fast as my bike. Went from side to stomach to 1/2 leg crossed position to standing/running in about 3.75 seconds lol. No idea how I did it. Hulked the bike up like it was a Power Wheels toy, started it and drove away.

See less See more
#2 ·
Glad you're alright! Bike doesn't look too bad after the accident either.. looks to be a simple quick fix.

#6 ·
Yea, it was significantly less speed than that, I was surprised @ how fast I had to run for a second and actually worried for a second that I COULDN'T run the speed that I'd popped up @, but luckily I was able to keep my feet underneath me. An extra 3-4 mph would have been close to a dead sprint for a second, with jacket/helmet/backpack weight on me.....I'm not quite sure I would have been so lucky.

And yea my plan already was to go tracking next year, I've already worked out an early part of a schedule......Least I had....before I broke this ish. =( I've been on tracks in/on a shifter and a few different cars (F3, M3, Midget, Outlaw) already know I love it, never been on a bike before though. Can't wait. Shitty timing on all of this but lucky to have gotten off easy.

#7 ·
I have a set of Rail Tracks I cross everyday on my communte and they are at a terrible angle. When its wet I make sure I adjust and take em at a better angle. I've seen them bite many riders HARD, so they always make me pucker up a bit. I don't mind riding in the rain either, once you get used to it, its all good. Glad your okay, enjoy the track.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.