Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

My Buildarooni!

20K views 266 replies 28 participants last post by  Ryan5544 
#1 ·
Well, since all the cool kids are doing it, I figure, why not.

This will give me something to track my progress with, and can imagine it's going to be slow moving in the beginning here.. BUT, I plan on using the bike as a center piece for my new shop, and need to have the new place up and running by ~July, so likewise, the bike will need to be almost done by that time.

As the bike sits today:

Slowly working on selling some of the street stuff off it, and have a few things coming to me within the next week or so.

I'll post upgrades as I get them, and try to update as much as possible.

Still not 100% sure on the paint scheme I want to go with yet, but I have a few in mind. I'm really big into the simple, and clean paint jobs, and probably will be moving in the direction of some brighter colors, rather than just straight black, like I always have done.

I am going to have the paint done by someone, because this thing is going to sit in my store, and needs to be CLEAN AS FCUK, don't want any half assed, or cheap routes taken here.

So, here it is, this will give me a starting point, and will update soon!

See less See more
#253 ·
same that and suspension!

#265 ·
Sweet!

#266 ·
Ya dude!

Also, I was having an issue where I couldn't have the cams perfectly timed and it sitting at TDC, so I figured, eh, maybe that's just how it goes on this one.

Put the guide pin back in behind the CC guide dealy in the ignition cover -- pulled that slut exactly where it should be. :laugh

:YEA not knowing a fcuking thing and having it work out, FTMFW.

Also, thanks to Bryan for the help with the valve shims. Very Canadian of you, Sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#267 · (Edited)
So, got the motor in, and can't get it started.

Haven't fiddled with it much yet, been too busy.

But, while I'm not doing anything, maybe someone has a few ideas in the mean time, for things I should look at when I get a chance.

Codes 12 and 59 are up on the dash.

Connections for the Bazzaz very well could be the culprit of 59, haven't dug too far though.

12, I have no idea. Read somewhere some guy had that, and it was cause his battery died, he charged it, cleared the codes, and bingo - I, however, charged the battery (after draining it from trying to turn it over), and still have 12, (not sure how to clear codes, or if that's my real problem), and wouldn't fire. (likely because of code 59) 12 is the crankshaft position sensor I believe. Can't imagine it's ''buy a new one'' for no reason.. But hey..

Bike turns over great.
Fuel pump is priming.
Does not fire.

What else can I say..? What else can I check to eliminate a problem? Or give more information for possible solutions?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, to hopefully keep me from scratching my head for too long. :bow

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.