Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

I just found my cruiser bike crush...

7K views 60 replies 29 participants last post by  Jaguilar513700 
#1 ·
I was just killing some time at the Yamaha dealer and sat on one of these for the first time, it looks and feels bitchin!

2008 Yamaha Raider

The one I was looking at was silver, and that picture doesn't seem to really show the bike as impressive as it looked to me in person. I dig the line from the seat to the bar position :YEA

...not getting off the 6 for it any time soon though :fact

See less See more
#8 · (Edited)
I'm a big fan of the Victory Kingpin and Vegas 8-ball with black pipes...i couldnt find a better pic with the pipes but heres a profile as well as an angled shot with the pipes on

Kingpin

Vegas

Kingpin with black pipes and Vegas facing camera

#12 ·
Not bad actually...

The kingpin is msrp at 13,999 and the vegas is msrp at 12,999

#22 ·
I ride with 3 guys that are in their 50's and 60's. Granted they arent on supersports, but one has a FZ1 and a Busa, the other a Busa, and the last has a FZ1.

And I agree with some of the others on here, VMAX! I had a 95 and loved it. I like the technology in the new ones but Im not crazy about the looks.....but I could get over it.

#56 ·
I ride with 3 guys that are in their 50's and 60's. Granted they arent on supersports, but one has a FZ1 and a Busa, the other a Busa, and the last has a FZ1.

I ride with a guy that's 52 and he loves riding his 2007 R6. .... Oh wait, that's me!:)

I really don't like any cruiser. I never would buy one or ride one. I see myself riding a sportbike at 60:YEA
Only 8 more years and I'll be 60 riding a R6. it's nice to have something to look forward to.:)

I like several cruisers, but have never seen a cruiser I HAD to have.
I see sportbikes all the time I JUST HAVE TO HAVE, luckily I am limited by funds or I'd have too many.:)

#20 ·
meh,,, I checked one out at the dealer.... Its a tank... and does nothing for me... I personally like the Harley Rocker series.. Although that is a tank as well.... lol

#24 ·
The Raider is a sweet bike. I ride with a good friend who has one. It has tons of balls (almost 1900cc) and sounds mean as hell with a set of pipes. It's funny ALL the Harley guys turn and look at it when he starts it up. I've been on poker runs with him and 300 Harley guys turn and look. There's not much chrome on the 08's compared to the 09's. The "S" model just has more chrome. It'll beat a V-rod without the screaming eagle package too, if that's your thing.

The bad thing is that everyone and their mother thinks it's a Harley. It's so bad he just says "Yup" and goes on his way. Not many know what the Raider even is and doesn't want to explain it to them. Being a cruiser it scrapes the shit out of the pipes in the turns and weights over 700 pounds. It's definitely a sweet bike, but I'll stick to a sport bike. I am envious of the no maintenance belt though. After market parts are hard to find. He's still waiting for someone to make an integrated tail light for it. If you get one, add a "chin spoiler" fairing to it. http://www.corbin.com/yamaha/yr8chin.shtml It brings the looks up to a full 10 for a "factory custom" cruiser.

#27 · (Edited)
I dunno what you guys are talking about. There are three mean cruisers running around, and I haven't seen them yet in this thread.
Kawasaki mean streak

Suzuki Boulevard

Victory Hammer S

I wouldn't trade my 6 for any of them, but I can definitely see myself riding one of these three when I get aged.

#34 ·
:thumbdown

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.