Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

How many track days have you done?

Number of Track Days

5K views 87 replies 37 participants last post by  theturtle7023 
#1 ·
I don't know if I am just noticing it more (probably the case), or if there are a lot more members doing trackdays now than when I joined. So how many have you done?

#36 ·
Wow, the rookie list keeps growing... That's awesome! I'm siked I got into track riding this year for sure! It WILL change your life! Yeah you'll be broke all the time, but the memories and friendships you'll make are totally worth it! :fact

I CANNOT wait to get back out on the track! :jump

:cheers

#37 ·
1 :(
I need more.

#46 ·
I've been track riding for three years, but didn't get my own bike until last Nov to dedicate just to the track. Years 1-2 I did 4 track days year. The R6 track bike made it to 10 track days this season until I lowsided it two weeks ago. Winter off fixing what I wrecked.

Track is crack. I can't stop. I've now hit up every track in California, but for Laguna Seca because I haven't figured out how to get my noisy R6 around the dB limits yet.

Since this list of you all doing tracks all over the country is pretty big - wouldn't it be kind of cool if everyone posts up info about least ONE of the tracks they did, like which turns were the most fun, which ones everyone crashed at, the direction you ran the track, was it flat or hilly, a worthy track or a yawner? I keep notes about all of them I've done (on crumpled, dirty paper, of course). Just an idea, but I'd LOVE to hear about the tracks out there and what to aim for next season.

Anyone done Miller (Utah)? Pahrump? I know I want to do Barber some time.

My all-time favorite track so far is Sonoma Raceway (aka Infineon, Sears Point) -- technical, challenging, most turns are a blind hill, and a huge downhill bowl (the Carousel) that is insane fun.

#50 ·
I've been to Pahrump. Track is really nice. Facilities are great. Pavement is generally fantastic. For the most part it's really tight and technical, but has a nice long back straight.

Basically like Streets of Willow, but without the bumps, and a back straight that's probably 50% longer.

#51 ·
This was my 1st year. I was able to get to the track 4 times, plus about 6 ARS courses.
I plan on at least 6 track days next season, including 2 at Road America! :bow

#58 ·
3 this season. Much less than I thought I would do. Hoping I could do more next season!

#62 ·
Nice thread Andrew. You know my crack, I mean track habit lol

22 days last year as my first year and did 32+ this past year and became an instructor/coach. I will look to to over 40 in 2013 starting in Feb at Jennings combined with racing and TD's from NY to SC or even GA. Needless to say I am beyond addicted.

There is nothing wrong with combining Adv and Int groups in a session or for an open TD format but usually is only done when the desity is lighter than normal so there is enough space and room for people to get around. In the case of your situation Andrew was the types of corners. NCBike is NOT the place to inside pass in the turn for your reason stated above. At a typical racetrack you will be able to pass after the turn in marker and before apex without having the problem you stated. You have gotten a lot better lately and will def be running in Adv when we get back out there in the Spring, congrats on all the work you put in this year.

#63 ·
I see why you are working a second job to pay for this stuff. Addicting as hell. The girlfriend told me if I signed up for Jennings in Jan with TPM I would be single, so I went ahead and changed my relationship status on FB and signed up. And while you are working a second job to pay for racing, I'm on an exercise routine so I can drop some weight and make my bike faster so I can catch you.

#73 ·
Crack is whack, the track is where it's at! :fact

Like Scott was saying, open trackdays are a blast, and really not An issue. The experts and fast amateurs pass with ease and everyone hss a blast. You can go out whenever you want, for as long as you want. I can slso hop in behind faster guys and pick up on their braking points, entry speed and where/how they apex a turn. Truth be told, never been To a track with sessions. I def like the freedom...

P.S.
My new fav thread! :laugh

:cheers

#78 ·
:) You'll likely get a lot more out of it if you're already familiar with the track and have found your pace. It's obviously a lot harder to ride clean and hold your line when you don't know what your line is yet.

We need to throw together a master list of So. Cal. track days once all the schedules are out, and plan out some R6 Forum get togethers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.