Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Fork height

6K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  pickpocket293 
#1 ·
Hi everyone so I just bought a 06 r6 and want to know what the stock line of the front forks in the triple are set at. Was just wondering what track ppl are running ? 1st line, 2nd line, or 3rd line thanks

"Apex Addict"

#4 ·
Thanks guys cause the last owner had them set at the 3rd line which seemed alittle crazy. I noticed most of the newer models are at around the 2nd line but it seems the 06-07 have a shorter fork? I haven't tracked ot yet as I rebuild my 07 r1 after a nasty off this past may and the 06 r6 I just got will be my winter project.

Sent from me Verizon Thunderbolt 4G LTE

#8 ·
don’t mean to thread high jack but what happens to the bike if you do raise the forks a bit? what characteristics change? I was going to raise mine up about 4mm so I could install a laptimer bracket onto the top and didn’t think this slight increase would change much.

#7 ·
Cool now I just have to check the rear dogbone links to make sure It wasn't lowered although I dont think it was in the rear. Anyway to check that rear ride height is stock? I did take a quick look at them and they seem to be original

Sent from me Verizon Thunderbolt 4G LTE

#9 ·
Generally, it will make the bike turn in quicker, but the flip side is that it will be less stable mid-corner and more twitchy. However, the consensus is that, on the 06-07, the forks are already too short. That is why the 08 got longer forks which raised the front ride height.

#11 ·
i got 07 r6 and little bit know about its functions. But when i shift gear bike take time for more pick or speed. Is there any adjustment need which solve this problem.
gtfo

#12 ·
My 09 forks are at the stock height, but would it be beneficial/better for them to be flush? My bike is strictly track so I'd like to get the best out of it even though it's good enough now.

Had my suspension set up by Dave Moss, but didn't bother to ask him about the fork height at the time. He didn't mention anything either, so I assumed it best to leave it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.