Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Buying a bike, help with insurance

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  bryan j 
#1 ·
I am buying a bike in Blythe, CA. It's pretty much in the middle of nowhere and none of the major insurers have offices within an hour or more of there. I am riding it back to SD to save on towing costs, are there any insurance companies that will let me get collision on a bike without having to take it by one of their offices first?

#2 ·
Thats weird. In Ga you can just go online buy whatever insurance you want and print out a temp insurance card. That's how I've always done it

#5 ·
Ive used geico and progressive. Neither one ever asked to see it. Actually they've never seen it. I just get an online quote, pay with my card, print out proof and done.

#11 ·
Yup. And if you pay for a whole year up front you get a pretty nice discount.

#12 · (Edited)
Yea, I'm in Cali also and I've never had to get a vehicle/motorcycle inspected to have it insured. I always have my bikes insured through Progressive, it's quick and painless, never any hassles. If there are any forms they need you to sign, they'll mail it to you and you can mail/fax it back. Only small thing that you might consider an inconvenience and I'm not sure if all insurance companies do this, is that if you turn down uninsured or collision coverage, you have to sign a waiver. But like I said, they'll mail it to you to sign and mail back. You don't have to go anywhere.

#13 ·
You best mail that shit out if you decline uninsured motorist. I waited to long to mail mine out and my bill tripled. From 200 to almost 700 and they said pay it or get dropped.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.