Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Cyber Monday / Long weekend chat thread

3K views 37 replies 18 participants last post by  ChiefSmokeDawg 
#1 ·
What did everyone do for Thanksgiving? I hope everyone had a good one!

Post up some pics of the feasts you all ate, or just maybe a short blurb about which family argument was the funniest or most notable.

Who had in-laws to deal with? How bad?

Also, anyone out shopping today or through monday for NON bike stuff?

This thread is NOT to harass anyone for sales like my other one is. :laugh

#4 ·
:YEA

NICE bro!!!

I have a nice hookup at Burton. I get all the demo boards, new ones before they come out if I want, and gear below cost through a family friend who works there as an executive.

So if I save my pennies, by the time you visit you won't have to be embarrased to ride with me in my 90's apparel. :lmao

Did you end up with Chinese food for dinner? Peking Duck would be pretty sweet actually!!

#13 ·
That sounds awesome!! You'll have left overs when everyone is all out of fresh turkey sandwiches!!

Got a 32GB SD card for $17.99 at best buy on the way to work this morning :D
:eek5

Nice Marco!! That's gonna be perfect for go pro's! I got a couple black ones coming. CAN'T WAIT!!!

I went to bestbuy on wednesday and shit was nuts in there. They had all the black friday items wrapped up in black plastic and shit littered every aisle.

We also had people camping out since last saturday or something, there were six tents when i went. People are crazy, bro.
:eek5 I can't believe it!! I can understand though too, cause it's some people's chance to get their families the nice things they normally couldn't, or some people buy things to make money on em too, and it's a decent oppotunity for private Ebay sellers to make a buck too. I definitely get it, but at the same time could never imagine camping out!! Showing up at midnight for Call of Duty was about as close as I'd get!! :laugh

Haven't bought a damn thing. I don't go out on Black Friday..I hate people enough as it is :laugh

I might get an external hard drive or a printer or something...or just talk myself out of it and not spend money I don't have
Lemme know if you find any good deals on USB powered external drives! Mine's full and only like 500gb.

At the inlaws now. I get along with them pretty well so nothing crazy. I'm going to hit up some mtn roads after breakfast.

Overall it's been bueno. Saving my pennies for some track body work!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Nice!! Stop texting me before you get pinched bro!!! :cheers :drink

The wife & I went to look for a Christmas tree Thursday night. Store's were a mad house.

I've been busting my girl's balls for WEEKS now telling her this year for xmas we won't be cutting one down cause a couple years ago we had to ratchet strap the tree so it was smaller to fit in the door. Still took 3 of us, and another come along to the railing inside the house to yank it through. Sawzall needed to get it out!! :laug

So I keep telling her I'm getting the exact tree from Goodfellas!! :laugh

"Karen, LOOK! I got the most expensive tree they had!!" :lmao :lmao

#7 ·
I went to bestbuy on wednesday and shit was nuts in there. They had all the black friday items wrapped up in black plastic and shit littered every aisle.

We also had people camping out since last saturday or something, there were six tents when i went. People are crazy, bro.

#8 ·
Haven't bought a damn thing. I don't go out on Black Friday..I hate people enough as it is :laugh

I might get an external hard drive or a printer or something...or just talk myself out of it and not spend money I don't have

#17 ·
The feast!

Favorite peas EVER!!

This stuffing is like a meatloaf, but cooked INSIDE the turkey!! :OMG

The Bird!!

Legendary mushrooms!

:hug
Love my family and I hope everyone else had a good Thanksgiving like I did this year. I know not everyone is fortunate to have grandparents still, especially ones who don't speak English and make such epic meals like this! Italian Thanksgiving FTW!!!

I did miss all the other stuff we usually have, but it was a smaller celebration this year so no Lasagna, meatballs, braciole, short ribs, mini meatballs that go in the lasagna instead of ground meat, etc.

:hug

#18 ·
Hell yeah, looks like most of you guys are having a good one. I ate like a freaking champ yesterday then got up with some buds and endulged in a little illegal green goodies. Woke up this morning and picked up a set of gaerne race boots and some held titans. Then tonight I'm going out with a bunch of friends a Japanese steakhouse for some drinks for a friend's bday.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com App

#19 ·
Hell yeah, looks like most of you guys are having a good one. I ate like a freaking champ yesterday then got up with some buds and endulged in a little illegal green goodies. Woke up this morning and picked up a set of gaerne race boots and some held titans. Then tonight I'm going out with a bunch of friends a Japanese steakhouse for some drinks for a friend's bday.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com App
Better have been some headies!Shit what do I know about maryjuwana :laugh.

Friend is going to get some of those GP1 Gaerne boots. $199 is a fcking deal!

#25 ·
Worked on my bike. Trying to make it a rat/fighter in order to resist the urge to drop hundreds that I don't have on track fairings. But man, I miss plastics.

Other than that, went to Sizzler with the family. It did not taste good. lol

No more Black Friday's for me. Deals aren't as good any more, the lines got longer, and the people more desperate. Not worth it, IMO. Might partake in Cyber Monday.

#28 ·
"Because only in America, people trample others for sales exactly one day after being thankful for what they already have."

#32 ·
Well...
I've worked 12hrs a day, every day, for the last 40 days straight in Taiwan. Still have 12 more days before I get to go home to be with the family.
I ate rice and some mystery meat. Turns out, pretty hard to find turkey in this country.
Still thankful though. Really looking forward to going home!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.