Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

2006 - 2011 Yamaha R6 Projector kit HID BiXenon Angel Eyes Halo projectors headlight

173K views 431 replies 128 participants last post by  theR6 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello R6-Forum,

I am pleased to announce that we have finished test fitting our Mini H1 projector kit for the 2006 - 2011 R6 headlight and are now ready to take orders.
Please read below for details.

For Installation instructions see this thread:
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151048

Complete Mini H1 HID BiXenon Projector headlights kit for the 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 Yamaha R6

This is the latest version of our Mini H1 projectors, which feature a crystal clear cut off line and black cut-off shields.

Our Mini H1 projectors feature full size 2.5" Clear lenses, same size as the FXR projectors; and are very similar in light spread and output to the FXR projectors, but with a much neater installation.

* Only minor reflector trimming is required *

We always test fit all of our projector kits into actual headlights. No guess work here if it will fit!!

Each projector kit will include everything that you need and will consist of the following:

2 Mini H1 bixenon projectors (low beam and high beam)
2 Mini Gatling shrouds
2 slim water proof ballast
2 35w H1 hid bulbs in 4300K (pure white) OR 6000K (blueish white) OR 8000K(blue)
2 Ballast test leads
2 Alcohol swipes to clean HID bulbs and projector lenses prior to installation
2 complete Motorcycle wire harness, all wires are the correct lenght specifically for motorcycles. (unlike most sellers who sell universal car projector kits which leave a mess of wires)..
1 Year no hassle warranty through us, no need to deal with the manufacturer.

Optional Angel Eyes / halos

2 Halo / angel eyes
2 halo/angel eye inverters

Cost:
Each complete kit is only $199 without angel eyes and $219 with white angel eyes. + FREE Shipping!

My Website to order: http://www.bkmoto.com

Use coupon code: r6forum20 to get special forum pricing.
Enter code in the Shopping cart, Discount code section
My PayPal for payment is: borka@optonline.net

We offer custom retrofits, starting at only $200 + The cost of the kit
Simply send me your headlight, let me know what custom options you want, and i'll work my magic and return your headlight completely assembled and PLUG and PLAY! simply install your headlight and plug everything in. Thats it!

Some of the custom options we offer with our installation service:
•Install any of our compatible projector kits into your headlight.
•Add double halo's
•Add Audi style LED strips
•Black out the headlight reflectors
•Install an on/off switch, to turn off HID's so you can have only angel eyes and LED strips on.
•make kit completely plug and play..

Contact us for more info at: sales@bkmoto.com

This headlight has the following options:
  • Full Mini H1 HID Projector kit, 8000K bulbs
  • Dual white angel eyes
  • Audi style Flexible LED strips
  • Headlights Blackout
The Blue hue is actually the clear blue film the customer has on his headlights, angel eyes and led strips used are white.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SiCpc63nmh0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This headlight has the following options:
  • Full Mini H1 HID Projector kit, 6000K bulbs
  • Dual angel eyes, Red front, White rear
  • Headlights Blackout

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iMkI3V6SAr8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here is a projector comparison by JVX;
Chinese G1 type projector, sold on Ebay, and others;

Mini H1 Projectors You can see the beam is much wider and brighter overall

The FX35 FXR projector, as you can see the Mini H1 is very similar in performance to the FXR, and it will fit in your motorcycle headlights without the major modifications and mounting plate making that are required to fit the fxr projector.

credit for this comparison goes to JVX.

Mini H1 Kit, in a 2007 R6:

Mini H1 Projectors, red front halo, white rear halo, blacked out headlights

Mini H1 Projectors, Dual white halo's, Flexible led strips, blacked out headlights

Mini H1 Projectors, White Halo's, White slim side emitting LED strips

We offer two LED strip models with our retrofit service, your choice

Blacked out reflectors

Blacked out reflectors and low profile LED strips can be seen on right headlight

Mini H1 Projectors

Slim Ballasts for easy installation

Low Profile motorcycle wire harnesses

See less See more
#304 ·
Boris, I am looking into using these on my '07 r6 and had a couple of questions.

1) Is it smart to have the halo and hids on? If so will this washout the halos making it useless?

2) I plan on having a switch that allows me to have the demon eyes and the halos on or the hids (and possibly halo depending on the answer to 1). I have read the threads and know this is possible but I am confused on inf I can wire the hids hi/low switch to the stock handlebar controls. Can you clear that up for me?

3) I am looking to do a clean install like this, without drilling the dustcover, and wanted to verify if it is possible on the 07?

4) Do the mini turn signal relays come with adapters or are they just straight wires?

Thanks.

#305 ·
Hey,

I am assuming you have a 07 R6R.

1. You can have halos and hids on, the hid's will somewhat washout the halos but the halos are still very visible even with the hid's on. with the hids off the halos are more visible and defined, but its still ok with the hids on.

2. Your hids will work from the regular handlebar switch, for low and high beams, you can also wire 1 on/off switch to be able to turn off the hids and have only halos and demon eyes on.

3. on the 06-07 bikes the headlights are slightly smaller, so you will have to drill the caps as they wont close because the bulb sticks out a few mm past the dist caps. you can do a semi clean install by only running the 2 hid bulb wires through the dust caps and the rest of the wires you can run through the stock bottom hole.
Or you can run all the wires through the bottom hole and only put the rubber grommet on the dust caps with no wires running through it.

The mini signal relays have 2 wires on one side and 3 wires on the other side, you will have to splice them into your turn signals, running light wire, blinker wire and ground.

Boris
bkmoto.com

#306 ·
Subbed in for updates... I know what next years mod is now

#307 ·
2003 - 2005 R6 and 2006 - 2009 R6S Halo kits and HID kits are out and in stock
We have Quad CCFL halos, Quad LED halos and Quad LED Color changing halos with remote contol.
Also Premium 35w and 55w hid kits

Visit our website to see all the new products.

#311 ·
Just built this headlight for a customer.
Super cool headlight, the low profile led strips match really good with the led halos.

Color changing quad halo kit w/remote
White low profile side emitting led strips
35w 6000k hid lights.

#312 · (Edited)
it was hell about time :] how much for it?

but i dont like the LED strip ..just the rings would be enought. Isnt possible put more LEDs into rings? Umnitza has about 60leds in one ring ...
the gaps are not nice :(

http://www.umnitza.com/bmw-3series-c-114_113_1206.html

This would be fine if they will be color changing....

I guess I will have to cut the headlight right?
Anyway nice job. I really love the remote control :D :toocool::toocool:

#313 ·
Hey,

The color changing quad halo kit w/remote has larger super bright led's and it costs $149 for the complete quad halo kit.

this is the most LED's that you can put on such a small ring which are color changing.

I have LED rings with many more bright leds but they are not color changing.

The site that you linked has more led's per ring because they are very large car rings, sure on a huge 160mm ring you can have 60led's but on a ring that is 3 times smaller you will have 3x less led's.

here is our single color LED ring, with many more led's.

You dont need to cut anything, to install the halo kit all you have to do is heat up the headlight, open the headlight, then simply glue the 4 rings right on top of the projectors with the supplied glue, and connect the halos to a power source. thats it.

#314 ·
One more headlight:

6000K HID's
Red front angel eyes
White rear angel eyes
White flexible led strips
Headlight reflectors blackout
1 on/off switch on hids

#318 ·
Demon eyes is basically a special ccfl ring that is placed inside the projector and it makes the projector lens glow from the inside.
It looks cool at night.

watch the video, you will see the demon eyes.

Question, on the corner/turn light, how exactly does that work? Do they come on all the time or only when the turn signals are on? Which is better?

I was thinking they would be better as turn signals, then realized while cornering it might be better for the extra visibility, unless the highbeams cover that.

The Mini LED projectors can be wired as running lights or turn signals, it just depends how you want them to work.

They are very bright, but not HID headlight bright, so they wont give you much added light to light up the road, they are mostly made to be used as day time running lights, which you have the halos on, during the day.

here you can see the corner lights in action:

#317 ·
Question, on the corner/turn light, how exactly does that work? Do they come on all the time or only when the turn signals are on? Which is better?

I was thinking they would be better as turn signals, then realized while cornering it might be better for the extra visibility, unless the highbeams cover that.

#320 ·
sure, each accessory you want to control will need an on/off switch.

for example:

1 switch, hid's on/off
2nd switch, halos on/off
3rd switch demon eyes on/off.

The more switches you add the more wiring needs to be done, its not hard, but a little time consuming.

#324 ·
i dont have a picture with only the red front halos, all installs that i've done always had red/white combo. but just imagine the white big circle is not there.
Red/white looks really good, and its the most popular combo that i sell.

you cant turn off the hid's with the bikes controls, only switch from low to high beam. same as you cant turn off the headlights right now with the stock control.

You need 1 on/off switch to be able to turn off the hid's
and a 2nd switch if you want to control the halos on/off

Man I really want to order these but priced out with the options I want would be $526...
You added 2 complete sets to the shopping cart, for 2 bikes, thats why its double. remove one set and the price will be half.

Unless you want 2 sets?

#328 ·
Just put together this awsome headlight for a customer,
This is a fully fully loaded headlight with every available option added.

#329 ·
Hey guys, I've been doing some research, if (like me) you are worried about running into the law with the HID lights and such, Narva (oh btw this is in Australia here)
do a H1 halogen bulb.. so with a little jimmying around you can throw a h1 halogen in, instead of the HID's to stay legal. Or, if you don't want HID's at all, a simple wiring up of a halogen loom will do the same job :)

Is this right Borka? since the bulb you use for the HID is a H1 size, a halogen H1 should fit right in yea? feel free to correct me, I'm unsure on this manner, just going of dimensions. (Yes i know HID's are much brighter.. but also illegal on bikes)

#334 ·
you need to select the following options to replicate his headlight:

2006 - 2012 Yamaha R6 HID BiXenon Projector kit with angel eyes halo MC-MH1
- Select HID Bulb Color Temp: 6000K - White Blueis..
- Add Front 70mm Angel Eyes?: Red
- Add Rear 95mm Angel Eyes?: White
- Add clear silicone glue?: Yes
- Add on/off switch?: 1 Switch

#335 ·
Black Friday sale!!

BKMOTO Black Friday sale!!
10% off all orders $1 - $249
15% off all orders $250 - $449
20% off all orders $449 and up

Take advantage of these super savings!
Plus FREE USA SHIPPING!

WWW.BKMOTO.COM

To get these savings apply the following coupon in your shopping cart
"Discount code section" after adding your items to the shopping cart.
10% off coupon code" bkgiving10
15% off coupon code" bkgiving15
20% off coupon code" bkgiving20

*sale starts at 12:01am Thursday Nov 22 and ends Midnight, Sunday Nov 25*
*Limited time promotion, no adjustments to prior purchases

#336 ·
I haven't been able to read through the entire thread, its 3:30 in the morning and I'm literally about to pass out...sorry :/

anted to ask if you have been able to do 03-05 gen headlights. I know you said a few times that you haven't but wanted to check in to see if that has changed.

If so I want to know if you're able to sell a kit or possibly even do an install to have those projectors in that headlight, inner halo red, outter white, and possibly a couple more mods?

I really like the result of your work and want to pick up the kit or send my headlight to you.

either reply on here or pm me if you can.

oh, and bump!

#342 ·
Right now i dont have a full replacement projector kit for the 03-05 R6 and R6S, i can only do a regular HID kit, and a quad halo setup, with 4 LED or CCFL rings 1 per projector, and along with the hid kit your headlights will be brighter and great looking with the halo rings.
I am still working on making a full projector kit for the 03-05 R6 bikes, but its tough to design the mounting solution for that headlights as its so different than the 06+ models.

You can see the halo kits and hid kits on my website www.bkmoto.com

Borka do you have any pictures of a 1st generation with a projector setup 99-02. I have a 02 but the PO tinted the headlights and sprayed auto clear over them so I was looking for a projector kit to install to increase my viz. Do you also install the kits for a 02? And if you do have pics can you post some of the cut off line?
I do have a full projector kit for the 99-02 R6, it looks the same as the 06+ projector kit, with all the same options. the projectors looks the same as the 06+ models, but are very slightly smaller, to properly fit the 99-02 headlights.

You can see the kit right on my website www.bkmoto.com

It will deff improve the headlight brighness, with a non blinding clean cutoff line.

I will try to snap a quick picture of the cutoff line tomorrow nights for you.

#337 ·
Borka do you have any pictures of a 1st generation with a projector setup 99-02. I have a 02 but the PO tinted the headlights and sprayed auto clear over them so I was looking for a projector kit to install to increase my viz. Do you also install the kits for a 02? And if you do have pics can you post some of the cut off line?

#343 ·
I did see the halos you're talking about thank you, I will probably end up buying them sooner than later...maybe after the holidays...also, is there a write up/tutorial on installing the halos? I feel I might be able to do it myself..

I see some 03-05 headlights that have the usual 4 projectors, but they have a bulb, possibly hids in the two inner projectors...is this what you mean about the mounting issue? And aside from the 4 projectors, there is a little light towards the end of the headlamp that lights up pretty nicely, I wanna say ita similar to the 06 r1 headlight assembly? I could be wrong but hopefully you understand what I'm talking about and I'd you've had experience or any knowledge and help as to going about that specific mod.

Thanks again for all the help I greatly appreciate it.

#344 ·
The stock projectors on the 03-05 R6 are basically one side of the headlight is the low beam side, which lights up both projectors on the same side of headlight, for the low beam, and then when you switch to high beam, the other side of the headlight comes on, also with both projectors coming on, at the other side of the bike.
With our HID kit, this will work the same, but the headlight will be much brighter and with a better color of light.

There is no way to make only the inner projectors come on for low beams, and then outer for high beams, like in the R1. because the R1 actually has 4 seperate headlights 2 for low and 2 for high, where the R6 only has 2 actual headlights, one on each side, They look like 4 projectors, but in fact they are only 2 projectors with each side of bike only being one actual headlight with 2 round lenses.

so to have both sides low beams and both sides high beams, you need to replace the stock projectors with bixenon projectors, which for now is not possible and its very complicated without a properly made mounting solution, which is in the works.

but for now the quad halo kit and hid kit, is a fairly inexpensive and very good looking upgrade.

You can install the halo kit yourself, its very simple, just open up the headlight by heating up the glue in an oven at 225 degrees Ferenheit, for 7 minutes, then pry the headlight open with a screw driver, and simply glue the 4 halo rings right at the front of the 4 projectors, with the provided silicone glue.
Then simply connect them to any + - power source.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.