Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Stahlbus Brake Bleeding System (Speed-Bleeders)

8K views 46 replies 16 participants last post by  ChiefSmokeDawg 
#1 · (Edited)
Stahlbus Brake Bleeding System (Speed-Bleeders) **SPECIAL**

I was finally able to get a hand (Big thanks Marcos) installing my speed bleeders and figured I had to start a thread over in this section as well as the how to's.

Anyway, These bleeders are unique in the aspect that they go into the caliper, and you open and close the small bleeder tip. This doesn't wear out your thread in your calipers over time, which can and will introduce air into the system with time after frequent brake bleeds and fluid swaps, etc.

I made a how to video and demo so you can see how well they work and what the function is.

• The bleeders are $35 each
  • The anodized caps you see in the video and pics are $9 and fit like a glove!
  • You can save and get a four pack deal where you replace your front MC bleeder, and all three calipers on the bike for $166.95. The caps are included and come in MANY colors! This was what I did. I figured I might as well go all out! :laugh
  • I also wanted to mention you can get individual titanium bleeders for about $147 each as well

:D

SPECIAL:
For the next two weeks, (until end of January almost) if you buy the 4 pack, you will get a free brake bleeding pump!

See less See more
#6 ·
Good correlation!! I have only messed with other people's speed bleeders. It's such a huge help. That and the pnuematic vacuum makes it a piece of cake to flush out fluid.

Very nice...if I cracked my brake system open a lot, I'd pick up a set

They do look :pimp
:cheers

:pimp

#9 ·
So sick! I'll pick up a set of these at some point for sure... Are they needed now? Not really... But soon enough they will be ideal and I'll pick up a set for sure!

Keep up the great work Anthony!

#10 ·
Thanks Adam! You should bleed before each track outing, and when it comes down to it, we may not have the expensive brembo calipers, but I'm not into wearing my threads and shit like that.

Moisture gets into the brake system unbelievably fast in these humid temps and the boiling point on the brake fluid decreases DRASTICALLY! These are definitely gonna be a big time saver and just look too :pimp to pass on.

#14 ·
nice

#21 ·
:YEA

I demand you stop offering great deals for the sake of my wallet and CC balance. That is all.
:laugh :cheers

Question...I have a stahlbus system installed for oil changes, and just now realized they had speed bleeders.....but why are they $35 per bleeder, where "speed bleeders" are only $7 each, and appear to be identicle? Am I missing something?
I don't know why you think a respectable and reliable speed bleeder would be $7, since I've paid almost that for a replacement oem bleeder.

Regardless, they may be a bit more than some other companies solution, but this is a better design, level of quality, etc.

For instance, see how they are a bit tall? Well, a cheap speed bleeder will have a ball valve in the bottom and will have a sealant on the threads. the sealant is like a red loctite almost. That material and also the frequent use of them as bleeders will wear the thread in your calipers over time, or that coating and air will introduce itself into the system over time.

With this system, you screw a base, that makes the traditinal seal in the caliper. Then the ball valve is in the tap small piece. So you won't wear your threads, or have to worry about the coating wearing on other style bleeders, etc.

The precise machining, excellent fit (which is highly noticable in finely machined parts like my brembo RCS), ridiculous longevity and duty cycle, along with cutting edge, new to the US flavor is what makes these worth the $35 each vs whatever you get from summit racing or jegs. :laugh

#20 ·
Question...I have a stahlbus system installed for oil changes, and just now realized they had speed bleeders.....but why are they $35 per bleeder, where "speed bleeders" are only $7 each, and appear to be identicle? Am I missing something?

#22 ·
These are def on the list of upgrades, especially if they're compatible with an 08+... I'm lookin to pick one up so anything that can swap from my 06 over will be purchased sooner rather then later!

Keep up the good work bro! Can't wait to get the rest of my goodies! And install everything I just got from you... :sing

Technology Electronic device

#23 ·
These are def on the list of upgrades, especially if they're compatible with an 08+... I'm lookin to pick one up so anything that can swap from my 06 over will be purchased sooner rather then later!

Keep up the good work bro! Can't wait to get the rest of my goodies! And install everything I just got from you... :sing

View attachment 81778
:YEA

They surely would work from 06+ in the same sizing, etc, so it would switch from one to the other no problem. :pimp shit right there!

#27 ·
Guess I could have read up on the differences between the stahlbus and speedbleeders but thought I would serve up the chance for you to promote them ��

I'm strictly a street rider (and will be until kids are older so I have more time etc).....so I don't change fluid/brake pads/ bleed nearly as often as active track riders, so I question whether the stahlbus system is needed for someone like me....even though I would like them.....can't see the thread on calipers being an issue in my case, so would rather take the money and buy some new brake lines and pads .....so I guess I will be sending a pm inquiring about these items!!!!

Having said that, I will likely end up buying the stahlbus bleeders since they are better and look sweet. So feel free to talk me out of what I think is practical!

#28 · (Edited)
My Stahlbus bleeders on the way....ChiefSmokeDawg also hooked me up in a group buy for some Frens Brake lines

I gotta say Anthony was an A++++ with helping me out. That is 3 for 3 with member Vendors hitting it outta the park with service and pricing

Justin--AGGRacing
Anthony--Bauce Racing
Brad--Riders Discount
BabyMilo next for them Shorty Levers!

Top Shelf Guys!

#31 ·
I bought some cheaper ebay knock off's of the speed bleeders last year and after riding my buddys bike with the actual Stahlbus brand I'm switching. The pressure he has in his lines is way better and it looks cleaner. I can bleed mine all day and I still can't get them the way I like.

#32 ·
Often times on the traditional design bleeders, the coating they put on the threads to make the seal is insufficient and will never give you the perfect bleed. It's a battle!

I didn't even think twice after I bled mine. Forgot they were on the bike until a couple people at the track commented on them. :laugh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.