Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Wire Identification

1K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  brandonduley 
#1 ·
Hey guy and gals,

I just picked up an 06 r6 and while I was going through the bike I noticed 2 cut wires. I followed them under the gas tank and they were zip tied together with the o2 sensor and EXUP cables that were also cut. I removed the EXUP cables from the servo motor and also the o2 sensor. (The bike has an aftermarket GYTR full exhaust) They ran up to a brown plug and I have not been able to find anything about what these wires went to. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Did the PO switch the rear brake switch to a hydraulic switch, meaning connected to the rear brake master cylinder or does your rear brake not activate the light at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#4 ·
Yea the rear brake light isnt activated at all by the brake. Man the PO really messed with this bike. I ordered OEM rear sets, and they came with the wires, so that will be fixed. I really appreciate the help. If anyone can post a detailed pic of the OEM right rear set that would be AWESOME.

thanks a lot

#5 ·
Mine only differs from oem due to the brake switch converted to hydraulic from the stock switch that is normally located on the bottom arm of the rearset on the backside. Auto part Brake Motorcycle accessories Tire Bicycle part

Auto part Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Engine

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.