Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

My NotSoSuper6 Build

27K views 219 replies 37 participants last post by  babymilo36 
#1 · (Edited)
Figured I've been hanging around here long enough that I'd start my own thread. That and my first TD is coming so I think this is a good way to see progress :D
For those who don't know me, the names Will (Wilfredo). I'm proud to say,this bike has essentially become a forum whore. About 98% of all the mods done to it have been purchased through vendors and other members here on the forum (including most of my gear).

Cliffs for backstory (I'll add a more in depth later):
-Always wanted a bike since H.S.
-Ridden a few times here and there, never my own bike.
-Wanted R1, but figured too much bike for first time owning.
-Got some cash last year, found this 2009 Raven.
-I buy for my B-day
-I ride

Only mods on the bike when I purchased her were a Yoshimura TRC carbon slip on, K&N air filter,fender eliminator,smoked windscreen,and the bike was lowered about 2-3"

Current Mods(as of 12/12):
-Stock headers + Midpipe(don't know brand, was purchased from infamous_R6)
-K&N Air Filter
-Yoshimura TRC Carbon Slip on
-PCV + Autotune
-BAUCERACING ECU flash/Tune
-Agg Smog Block Offs
-Woodcraft case covers
-Shermoto Levers
-FT type 3 brake lines (Agg)
-EBC HH Pads
-Vortex adjustable rearsets (BAUCE)
-BT s20's
-Hot Bodies smoked Flush mounts
-Motodynamic smoked tailight
-4300k HID mini H1 projectors with dual white angel eyes (BK moto)
-Agg SBK reservoir
-WC spool sliders
-WC frame sliders
-Puig DB dark smoke
-Vortex V3 gas cap (BAUCE)
-Stahlbus Oil drain Valve
-Stomp Grip
-Speed Bleeder

Pics!!!

How I got her

As she sits as of a few weeks ago.

See less See more
#67 ·
Looking solid man :cheers
those are some really good quality pics.
Bauce racing ftw

#72 ·
So the track bug has definitely bitten. I'm seriously contemplating going track only. I've ridden street twice since Big Willow and its just not the same. The first time I almost got hit twice doing 25 mph by retarded people who don't pay attention. The second time just felt extremely slow and boring :thumbdown. I'm still amazed at how at the track, you pretty much are not worried about anything other than you and the bike. Yeah you're always working, thinking reference points (which I suck at) and all that, but you don't have to worry about cars, other people, nada. I hardly even remember even worried about anyone being behind me. On the street it's every single car is going to hit you, ride accordingly. That blows.

At the moment, I'm currently debating on going to Chuckwalla next Monday. A couple of issues. First, the weather here has been iffy lately. Extremely foggy and drizzly in the mornings/evenings, sunny and warm one day, cloudy and cool the next. Forecasts say rain late in the week/weekend. That's LA weather, though. Desert Center weather says 75 for the 3rd.

Second, I had two small issues at Willow. One was that I didn't feel securely locked into the tank when turning. I'm guessing I have shorter legs (I'm 5'9") that couldn't quite reach lol. I had to point my toes downward and bringing my heel up to get my knee locked against the tank. I have now resolved this with.....vortex rearsets from BAUCERACING :flex: :YEA!!!! Hopefully those will be in this week.

Next thing was, my brakes. Before heading to Willow I changed pads to EBC HH's. I figured, "Hey, its my first track day, i won't be flying anyway, good time to bed in the pads." Even to this day, I'm not sure how to describe it but, they just feel off. I know they don't have that initial bite, but even when warmed up they still don't feel like they don't have a lot of grip. Maybe it's just me. I'm waiting on a bottle of RBF600 that's coming with my rearsets, so I'll bleed my ass off and see if that helps.

Third problem with Chuck is, My ride had to cancel. I didn't really want to drive 3 hrs to the track, ride all day, and drive 3 hrs back. I may just have to though if I don't find any other locals going. Everyone seems to be going to Fontana and I just don't feel like paying 250 for a TD when i can pay 135. New rider school is an extra 55. Should I register for that too since its a new track for me?

On another note, hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend!:cheers:party

I got bored Saturday and cleaned/lubed chain and polished my wheels....oooooh shiny :D

Then I noticed a my throttle tube looked dirty and I've never lubed my throttle cables so...I took apart everything and cleaned it, greased it and lubed the throttle cables. No after pics...just picture these without the dirt.

After finishing that and stuffing my face with leftovers, thanks to a text convo with Anthony involving Booty and food that made me hungry, I said "now what?!" At that point, I recalled yet another convo with Ant about COD and xbox and remembered I had an old xbox 360 with RROD that I was modding and figured it was a perfect time to finish it. So.....IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!

This is an old pic before I painted it

So I rented Black Ops 2 from redbox and played campaign most of Sunday :lmao. I don't have an XBL account so didn't go online :thumbdown

#75 ·
Its been a while so you may be without an xbox for a few weeks :laugh

Your sexy clean bike is giving me inspiration to get my butt out of my chair and wash my dirty ass bike and give it an oil change and test out the stalhbus. Also now you have the Laguna Seca suit too??? Now you, Sherman, Paul (I believe), Kevin (mintsoda), and I have the same exact suit. :laugh

:cheers and :yes on the suit....It's :boob I was going to get a cheaper suit but hey, gotta pay to play right? Wait till i pick up the new Ben spies replica :sing

#74 ·
Your sexy clean bike is giving me inspiration to get my butt out of my chair and wash my dirty ass bike and give it an oil change and test out the stalhbus. Also now you have the Laguna Seca suit too??? Now you, Sherman, Paul (I believe), Kevin (mintsoda), and I have the same exact suit. :laugh

#78 ·
Mine isnt custom. It's Kustom. WHOLE 'nother level:fact

#77 ·
After 2 days of looking at tracking updates every 5 minutes like it made a difference, I got my presents from BAUCE today...well most of them anyway:sing

I couldn't wait for the weekend so off to work i went. I'll take daylight pictures during the weekend or @ the track on Monday!:toocool:

Before (didn't take a pic of the brake side, I was working in tight space and didn't feel like moving the bike lol)

After :hump

Gas Cap...Stupid warning sticker is a PITA to take off. I gave up

I set the rearsets all the way up and back. After sitting on the bike and practicing BP.....WOW! HUGE difference. Knee locks into tank easy! I may even have to go down one notch.

Sir Adam, I know you got rid of your woodies, to get some adjustables. If your problem was the same as mine, having trouble getting a secure lock on the tank, you shall not be dissapointed!

As always, Thank you Anthony for your help and for taking my money. I can already tell it was well worth it!:cheers

Crap! just remembered i left the brake light switch hanging :lmao I'll take it off tomorrow :D

#80 ·
I'm down! (well as long as funds allow lol) Def would love to have someone with experience show me the ropes. Sucks you can't make it. I'm going solo this time and gots plenty of room if you change your mind!!! I'll most likely head out Sunday night and camp out. :cheers

#81 ·
always fun going with people! I wish haha, gotta get my bike ready to race in jan. Lemme know how it goes, I raced chuckwalla all season long and loved. Becareful with turn 8,9, 10...take it easy there. It's called garcia (crash) hill. I know because I crashed there three times this year lol.

#82 ·
Seriously Man:bow
Big Willow w/TrackXperience was my cherry popper too. Great group of guys. I would be doing much more track days if I didn't have to travel so much with work. Did Chuckwalla last June (hot as hell) stole a port-a-cooler from work to help out... Did Streets of Willow just before coming out here to Taiwan. I usually bring my toy hauler or my bike trailer so if your looking for a car pull buddy or just someone to shoot the shit with, hit me up. If you see a Dodge Ram painted like the General Lee, that would be me :sing
Oh, and turn 3 is where I had my first taste of asphalt...cold day on cold tires
:stupic

#84 ·
I was nervous about the Big track for cherry popping but it turned out to be an awesome day. Love turn 1 and then 3 up the hill, hate 8 and 9, feels like I'm lost out there. A guy crashed in front of me with cold tires on turn 3. I knew it the moment he took off on me it was going to happen. 1st lap of the 2nd session. It was like 45* outside. I'm going to have to watch some more Chuck vids and def watch out for garcia hill and T3. Next year for sure I'll be out there with you guys!:cheers

The more and more I look at rearsets, I fall more in love with vortex.
The grip on the pegs is unbelievably aggressive. Feels like they're digging into my sneakers. Can't wait to take them out for a ride :nocontrol

#85 ·
:nocontrol 3 more days!!!!

#87 ·
Posted a vid of CW in June, check it out. I did clockwise the first time but was nervous as hell since it was was first time back after my lowside at Willow.:dunce: The vid is from the second time there going ccwise. Watched a guy go off on Garcia ccw...didn't get it on vid though.
I love 8-9 at big Willow!!!!! You can really nail it and get a good run on the front straight. I had Brian with TrackXperience working with me cause he rides a 6 the same year as mine. I was seriously pulling punks on liter bikes down the front straight. Felt like "the man" if only for a day.:flex: I think 2 is my fav though, 100mph with your knee on the ground.:hump:hump

#89 ·
Thanks a lot Milko!!!!

I just had to order new stailess brake lines and adjustable levers for my bike.
After seeing how sexy your bike is, I couldn't handle not getting something for my baby too.
Oh man... I just ordered new wheels for my dirt bike last week too. I'll never be able to stop working if I keep buying goodies for my riding habit!

:lmao:lmao You can thank everyone on this forum for that one. They got me hooked. Hope you bought Fren Tubos from Agg or Anthony and levers from Sherman :sing. I had a set budget of $200 every pay period (2wks in my case)....nope that went out the window that first Friday. Its been at least double that. I think I'm going to stop for now. No need for go fast parts when I'm slow. Going to invest that in Track days and seat time.

I really wanted the rearsets though just because I really had to put effort into locking my knee in the tank. I'd like to place my attention elsewhere.

I'll see if I can find your vids. I pulled on some liter bikes down the front straight too. Not sure if it was a good run off of 9, the BAUCE flash (Awesome BTW!!!), or them just being slower than me :lmao but it def felt good :flex:. I'm too slow for 100mph in turn 2 and my knee is still a virgin. I didn't see but I'd say it was more like 80sh for me(or 70). I actually got a bit comfortable on the last session and then ran wide off 9 and into the dirt . I was like :nocontrol until i hit the hot pit. May have also shat my pantaloons a little bit. Glad I got that out of the way on day 1 :fact. Def gotta work on my lines @ chuck.

Edit!!: Found the vid..watching now

#88 ·
Thanks a lot Milko!!!!

I just had to order new stailess brake lines and adjustable levers for my bike.
After seeing how sexy your bike is, I couldn't handle not getting something for my baby too.
Oh man... I just ordered new wheels for my dirt bike last week too. I'll never be able to stop working if I keep buying goodies for my riding habit!

#90 ·
ummmm.... no :dunce:
I don't really know too much about them. For now, I have just been going through kneedraggers.

Wish I could set a budget for the bike build but got too many other bills.
Dang car payment, House payment, boat payment, the girlfriend tax, and the $1,200 a month child support. Gonna have to stick with the get stuff when I can budget. Usually time like now, when I'm over seas working 12hrs a day, 7 days a week. :mrgreen:

#91 ·
ummmm.... no :dunce:
I don't really know too much about them. For now, I have just been going through kneedraggers.

Wish I could set a budget for the bike build but got too many other bills.
Dang car payment, House payment, boat payment, the girlfriend tax, and the $1,200 a month child support. Gonna have to stick with the get stuff when I can budget. Usually time like now, when I'm over seas working 12hrs a day, 7 days a week. :mrgreen:
That's your problem right there:lmao

Trust me, I'm on a budget as well, and those are the people to talk to:fact This whole build thread is pretty much stuff I've bought from Sherman (babymilo36/shermoto racing), Justin (Agg2001/ agg racing), and Anthony (chiefsmokedawg / Bauce Racing) They're good peeps. I've gone to knee draggers before and bout 95%-100% I've been able to get better pricing (including shipping) from these guys and other venders in the forum (riders discount mainly). If I was ever on the fence about buying something, they pushed me off without doubt. Hit them up for sure. Bonus is their customer service. It's unsurpassable.

Seriously, I should be getting paid for the marketing:sing Speaking of....I had an extra Bauce piston decal and couldn't decide where to put it. Since I already have one on the brake side of the swing arm, I figured I'd thow it on the sprocket side. I realized the bubble under the N after I took the picture and since then pushed it out :D

Hopefully I'll get my Shermoto / Agg decals this weekend from Nick

#92 ·
I'll be sure to tell them you sent me next time I do any parts purchase. Maybe you'll get a little hook up on more than just stickers...
Dig the pistons :YEA
I think my next investment will be suspension though. I swore to myself I wasn't going to buy anything else until I got my bike set up for my big ass. Then...I saw your bike :lmao
After that, slicks:toocool:

#93 · (Edited)
decals ftw!!! These guys go out of their way to help. Sherman even sent me a McRib lol. Ant sells ohlins iirc. Not sure on pricing as im too slow to need ohlins lol but im sure his prices are pretty sweet. Everytime I ask for a price its like i just have to throw money at him.

I believe he can hook it up with tires as well. Doesnt hurt to ask.

Edit: I got my S20s from him so I imagine he can do slicks

I think my next purchase will be tank sliders from Justin.

When you back in the states?

Edit2: I have a feeling you'll b purchasing suspension soon lol

Sent from my ADR6400L using Motorcycle.com Free App

#94 ·
I should be traveling back on the 10th.:usa :usa :usa Been here sine Oct 15th... Been a long trip.
For now, I'm just looking to tune the factory components. I'm 6'1 200lbs, not really what Yamaha had in mind when they built this thing :lmao
I'm still too slow to need major cash in all new components, maybe just springs and valving. I've been saving my perdium for that :secret

#95 ·
Get your suspension tuned and you're set. I'm 5'9” 200lbs(fat right now) and the bike performs as it should. No need to make major upgrades until you need them... If you're headed to the track, run stock shit until you feel you NEED to upgrade. It'll be a good whike before you're above the bikes abilities... I dropped a few grand building a track bike, and I'm not even close to needing it all... Getting there though... Seat time, track time and tires are really all you need!

:cheers

#98 ·
your transition from street to track was quick !! kudos to you. tried chuckwalla one time and wasnt too happy about it. The track was great but the trip was a nightmare. didnt get to enjoy the track coz i was so sleepy all day. I would rather stay close like big willow/streets of willow. have you tried those?

#100 ·
My toy hauer was my best investment. I can sleep anywhere! :lmao

Big Willow is pretty sick. very fast track.
I didn't care much for streets. Very one lined and rough as hell. Almost went off under braking when I got too agressive trying to get around a couple of slower riders. Still fun of course, just had a better time at Big track and Chuck.

#99 ·
I was refuring to suspension tuning...:sing

I have read a few post about sending ecu's to him though and am now concidering it. I am running a power commander now with generic map. I've got block-off's, air filter, 06+ gytr slip on, and geared pretty short for outta the hole.

I am actually looking for a deal on a suit. Hit me up with some pics. My suit is a tad too small for me. (short in the middle) I have to hunch over to keep the testies safe:werd

#101 ·
There's a link to the thread in my sig where my suit is for sale. Plenty of pics posted and all! For your size and build it'd be perfect! It's a bit long on me, but I've got a bigger build in general. But it's more suited for someone in the 6' range... Check out the thread and PM me if you're interested. It's a steal at the price, but just figured I'd pass on a deal to a fellow member. Comes with the original pucks, and brand new double thick Woodcraft clucky pucks as well. Check it out and let me know! I hear ya on the suspension too, once that's set you're ready to rip!

#103 ·
Rog... Returned...

Sorry to thread jack...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.