Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Quick Release Fasteners

7K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  ericevox 
#1 ·
I remember going out on a ride a few weeks and seeing a buddies R1 with some gold quick release fasteners used on the fairings. Does anyone know where I can find a bulk package of these to use on my r6?

#4 ·
Typically two on each side of the engine cowl, as track bodywork only uses two pieces to cover the engine. If you have a SBK tail, you can use four of them to attach the undertail; although small plastic rivets will work too.

#6 ·
And if I did, for non track use since I don't do track it wouldn't be worth $6.50 a pop.

I have no problem with a hex screwdriver

#11 ·
I could have sworn years ago, I have seen fasteners that look like Dzus fasteners but are threaded instead, basically not needing to use an alan key.

Maybe it was Lockhart Phillips.

#14 ·
yea... the longer bolts that bolt the "tips" of the uppers to the actual frame cannot be replaced. in fact, you'll use those to mount track glass as well.

as for the year, i'm not sure. i think it was jamieching... so an S model, or 03-05 would be the same. i'd guess the third-gen would be pretty similar though. he bought a 4-pack to test, then came back and bought the rest of the 20 or so he needed.

lemme know.

#15 ·
I can see the point of using it on street fairings but keep in mind it'll be easier for thieves to steal your fairings.

A guy I know around here parked his bike close to the door and someone stole his windshield, it was held on by the plastic windshield screws so he invested in the hex type bolts now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.