Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Clutch stays semi-engaged in gear

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Trailerboy531 
#1 ·
Hey guys I'm trying to fix up my buddies 2012 r6 here and am just about done... then I ran in to a road block. When the bike is in gear and I pull the clutch lever all the way in...it acts like it's still partially in gear. You have to really fight the bike to roll it. In neutral the bike rolls as normal without any resistance.

I put it on stands to check it out and when you turn the bike on and drop it in gear the chain/tire/etc starts moving rather quickly when the clutch is pulled all of the way in to the point where you cant put your foot on it to stop it - you have to use the brake. After you stop it from moving it wont take off again until you let the clutch out. Why wont my clutch disengage?

Yes. I have adjusted the clutch cable in many different ways from the lever and down at the adjustment nuts. Yes the arm is lined up with the line and the dot on the oil cover. Is it possible the cable was damaged in a crash?

#2 ·
new clutch plates take a few miles of use to wear in to the point the clutch won't drag slightly, or make the rear wheel spin on the stand, when in gear with clutch lever pulled in.
Is the cable damaged?? take a look.. it's totally exposed to view..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.