Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

PZRacing Gear Indicators! Fits 1998-2010 R6!

41K views 300 replies 55 participants last post by  MotoMillion 
#1 · (Edited)
Another great high quality product line brought to R6-Forum members at a great price by your resident SlowBoy!

Unlike other indicators on the market these gear indicators are all made in Italy and feature an LCD backlit display with 6 interchangeable colors to choose from.

Geartronic (Fits Yamaha R6 1998-2010) - $100 USD Shipped to USA & Canada

GearTronic is a digital gear indicator which is completely run by microprocessors, showing the correct gear almost immediately. Easy to install on any kind of motorcycle, complete with instructions for installation on the most common motorcycles in circulation. GearTronic has an LCD display with 6 different backlight: RED, GREEN, ORANGE, VIOLET, LIGHT BLUE, BLUE. The revolutionary LCD display shows the gear in use even under direct sunlight, unlike other led display gear indicators available on the market.

Water resistant, shock-proof and scratch-proof casing with a 20mm high quality LCD display. You are able to select from 6 different colors of backlight as seen in the picture above.

This is a universal unit, you will have to follow the instructions provided, some splicing will be required. Compatible with 1998 to 2010 Yamaha R6 motorcycles, along with many others. If your application is another motorcycle please send me a PM to ensure this is the right one for your model.

Included in the box are:

- Universal Gear indicator
- User manual
- High strength velcro
- PZ Racing Sticker

-----------------------------------------

Geartronic2 (Fits Yamaha R6 1998-2010) - $127 USD Shipped to USA & Canada

GearTronic2 is a digital gear & shift light indicator which is completely run by microprocessors, showing the correct gear almost immediately. Easy to install on any kind of motorcycle, complete with instructions for installation on the most common motorcycles in circulation. Enables the rider to reach 5 different levels of engine revs and the levels of intervention can be decided directly by the rider. GearTronic2 is the fastest aftermarket gear indicator. GearTronic2 has an LCD display with 6 different backlight: RED, GREEN, ORANGE, VIOLET, LIGHT BLUE, BLUE.

Water resistant, shock-proof and scratch-proof casing with a 25X22mm high quality LCD display. You are able to select from 6 different colors of backlight as seen in the picture above.

This is a universal unit, you will have to follow the instructions provided, some splicing will be required. Compatible with 1998 to 2010 Yamaha R6 motorcycles, along with many others. If your application is another motorcycle please send me a PM to ensure this is the right one for your model.

Included in the box are:

- Universal Gear indicator with shift light
- User manual
- High strength velcro
- PZ Racing Sticker

---------------------------

INSTALLATION HOW TO for GEARTRONIC2(Thanks to TKC) : http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150337

Here is a video of a GearTronic indicator in action on an '09 R6​

GearTronic2 in action on a Kawasaki Z750​

See less See more
2 9
#8 ·
GearTronic2 has a slightly larger lcd display, and as you said, it has an integrated 5 stage shift light.

Now the only question is, who's gonna be the first guinea pig? :D
PZRacing is actually pretty known and respected brand across the pond in Europe. Mostly the Ducati and Aprilia guys use these. The pictures really doesn't do justice to the product, once you have it and see it, you can tell it is truly a high quality product when compared to other units out there which some of them sell for even more money.

#21 ·
Install pictures will be up very soon. I understand where you are coming from but nothing wrong with splicing wires if it is done right.

I felt the same way when I had to install integrated tail lights on my bike, but when you take your time and not rush it comes out very clean and tidy.

#22 ·
well as for as electrical thats not a big concern being im a electrician. im still not a big fan of cutting on the wiring on my bike. so far everything ive purchased was all plug and play. but im really interested in your product cause my bike does 80 at 8k rpms and i look for 7th alot. lol

#23 ·
Most of us do that. I guess wait till there is a how-to and it might just convince you, especially now that you revealed that you are good with wiring :) Most people around me don't admit they are good with wiring because then everyone starts bugging them to do their wiring work :D

#32 ·
All gear indicators are made 100% in Italy. They have the state of the art micro-processors which makes them the fastest gear indicators on the market!

All gear indicators feature a LED back-lit display which can be seen perfectly under the sun and you can change the back-light color to 6 different colors!

#40 ·
You will need to splice the wires, comes with complete instructions. There will also be a how-to with pictures and a video posted here very shortly.

Highest quality gear indicators on the market! Guaranteed!

Unlike other gear indicators, PZRacing indicators feature a high quality LCD screen which will be readable even under sun light! You can also change the back light to 6 different colors!

GearTronic2 is currently the fastest gear indicator on the market thanks to its state of the art microchips!

Remember these are all made 100% in Italy! We all know Italy is where almost all the fine motorcycle aftermarket parts are produced!

#42 ·
Unfortunately I am not the manufacturer, but once the How-To is posted I am sure you might think twice. Splicing isn't hard or a big task, I know electrical work isn't our favourite but sometimes it is worth it, specially when you get such a great product.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.