Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

35W HID kits (a/c digital ballasts) - $54.95 shipped!

82K views 667 replies 106 participants last post by  Agg2001 
#1 · (Edited)
mintsoda/kevin has ever so graciously "dubbed" me to be his replacement HID saleman on the forum, so here i am. :)

ORDER HERE!

HIDS: Light output is by far a lot brighter than the stock halogens.

General Info:
Price: 55$ shipped. Can ship international for extra.
Application: AC ballasts, 35w, no flickering/DOA. Headlights for cars, motorcycles, ATVs.
Colors: 3k yellow, 5k white, 6k white (hint of blue), 8k light blue, 10k dark blue, green, pink (bulbs will not have the "built in" grommet as shown in the bulb picture)

Most vehicles are plug and play. Some vehicles such as the Dodge RAM are anti-HID.

Actual kit except for ballasts. Ballasts will be higher quality AC ballasts.

This is a picture of the actual ac ballasts. Still pretty small.

See less See more
#405 ·
I looked through about 20 pages or so to see if it was asked before and didn't see anything so forgive me if I missed it, but is there a guide somewhere for noobies to install?

I saw this youtube video () that a guy installs some in an r6 and was hoping it would be similar so I could just follow these instructions.

I'll probably be putting in my order today or tomorrow and didn't want to be staring at them for a few weeks because I couldn't install...

Thanks ahead for any help!

#406 ·
Check the how to section. Agg has a post there on how to install them.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#411 ·
nah... like spoolin said. do it right, and you'll be fine.

PLUS, these bulbs are fancy somehow - i explained it by quoting the manufacturer a few pages back. can't remember what he said - but basically, "don't worry about it." :laugh hope that helps. :D

#409 ·
I used this video to install mine, i didn't put my ballast in the same spot.

There is a part where you drill into the cover to install the wires. The plug that came with my kit were a little loose, so I used silicone to create a seal.

After that, I used a heatgun to get rid of the moisture, haven't had a problem since.

my .02

#429 ·
Hey man. So i finally got around to hooking these up to the r6. I had no idea how simple it is to hook up. And the ballasts are so slim they're so easy to hide.

Only one issue. I think one of the ballasts may be bad. I hooked everything up and one of the lights would go out. So i swapped sides and same thing happened. I then swapped the bulbs around. This leads me to believe its the ballast and not the bulb. When the light was on the beam appeared to be very weak as well

Since the one wasn't working I just went ahead and hooked the working one up to my running light.

Any chance you can help me sort this out?

#431 ·
I just found this page its crazy what you can find with the search tool. I PM'ed you already before I stumbled on this gold mine. I will order a set from you on Hump day. Looking foward to doing business with you!

#432 ·
Oh Yea and Bump!:YEA

#434 · (Edited)
Just ordered a set of 6000K thanks for the help!! Sorry I left you hanging on the thread response Net out here is kind of unpredictable at times.

#437 ·
Dumb question...

I bought your HID with the 5k. I want to use the 5k bulb for daylight/driving light and a 3k bulb for the bright light for tollway/night usage. Do you need to do anything for the bright light side ? Or it's PNP as well

*electrical noob and doesn't want to burn oem harness or blow fuses*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.