Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

First impressions: BAUCE Racing ECU flash

212K views 1K replies 183 participants last post by  ChiefSmokeDawg 
#1 ·
Well, I pulled the trigger after doing some reading and gathering information. I was a little nervous about doing the whole "ECU flash" thing but after hearing so many positive reviews and feed back from many members, I went ahead and shipped out my ECU.

From my understanding the following things are changed/removed:
-engine braking is reduced
-engine idle is raised
-radiator fans are set to come on at a lower temp
-fuel map is smoothed which leads to a butter smooth throttle
-EXUP CEL removed
- and some other OE restrictions

I've only had this thing on my bike for a day and I've only been able to "feel" the changes regarding to engine braking and the raised idle.

The reduced engine braking is tits. Coming to a stop or going into a corner and dropping gears before entering and still caring speed without the bike "braking" is just awesome. Makes everything sooooo much smoother.

I was worried about the raised idle regarding street riding and the bike heating up quicker at stop lights but I've found that with the lowered set temperature for the fans... The bike never hit more than 207F with ambient temps being around 80-85. It's a bit annoying to hear the bike idle at 2k at stop lights but well worth it. Now you simply release the clutch and the bike goes.....no more applying throttle lol.

As regards to the smoother throttle.... Milky tity smooth!!!!! I literally was able to ride with one hand in first gear and increase/decrease throttle without any twitchy-ness. With an OE ECU, this is impossible, all of you know how twitchy the throttle is in first gear.. The flash literally got rid of that issue.

I was able to ride home through the back roads and open her up a bit... AMAZING! She pulls hard through every gear and seems like she picks up power quick once you hit about 8k RPMs instead of 10k. I didn't open her up all the way as I was riding on public roads but I can't wait to hit the track in April with the new beast!

Overall I'm extremely happy with this upgrade. It's an easy upgrade at a great price. Most people gave me siht about doing this upgrade saying that it won't make me faster and blah blah blah.... An ECU Flash is not just a go fast upgrade.. It helps iron out rough spots that our bikes are known for. This is easily the best upgrade I've done to my bike.

I highly recommend it and I highly recommend Anthony from BAUCE RACING. This guy took hours converting my Bazzaz map to be compatible with the flash, he smoothed it out and listened to my concerns and explained everything, EVERYTHING to me. He applies all his knowledge into creating a true, workable and safe flash. I am positive that his experience with racing and his R&D go into every ECU he flashes. I truly believe that you get what you pay for and there's no exception to ECU flashing.

If you're concerned about the raised idle and If you have any concerns regarding engine longevity after an ECU flash.. .just contact Anthony and I'm sure he would be more than happy to answer all your questions.

And last but not least.... He did not pay me or give me free swag to say all of thee above. I am simply stating my first impressions with this product.

See less See more
#125 ·
Did you get the wrong impression because I added you on Facebook? :lmao

Logged on Facebook for the first time in fcukin forever the other day... Don't read too far into it...

:bowroll

#126 ·
Nay.

FB is like the play ground in elementary for me. Being 1 of 4 Hispanics through out my Schooling years....I had to learn how to deal with white people.

White people on FB see a Hispanic asking for friendship acceptance and I usually get the "reject" button lmao.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#127 ·
Fcukin white people... :nono

Shit bro... You should come out for a visit or trackday... You'd be right at home... I am the minority round these parts. :fact

:laugh

Course I'm on the God damn border... Nothing against Mexicans/Hispanics in the least. But TOO much of anything is overkill... Course, in turn, I'm quite unique out here with red hair... :naughty

#130 ·
You don't even know... and can't say a mind the attention, or the lil latin mami's... NOT MOMMY's... :laugh

Which half at least seem to be... :nono

#133 ·
Lmfao.

They just want to get their green cards.... I thought I married a white chick untill I found out she was a chicana.

Meh, some Latina milfs are :drool

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Ain't that the God damn truth.

and Yes, yes they are... Mmmmmm

#134 ·
Anthony, Thank you sir, just let me know whenever you get time. I'm not rushing you.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#141 ·
Sending mine out for the program after I get back in town the end of next week.

#146 ·
Sent mine in last week...... unfortunately I won't be able to try it until May :(

#177 ·
This baller!! ^^^^ Just received an ohlins box today. I'm like, did my valve/piston kit come in already?????

ECU sent in :pimp packaging FTW! :toocool:

just let me know if you need any pics or anything of my exhaust, its just 05 headers with a stock slip on, although i may put a dift slip on by next track day.

ive got some recent track vids of me if you wanna check my riding style

also made up my mind and will get my forks revalved with racetech, and get an ohlins shock on the rear (ill be hittin you up for that real soon) so suspension will be adjusted by tech at my first td with the ECU
Hit me up an email with anything you've got bro. I've only watched a couple of your vids in the past.

What slip on you thinking of? Cause the deal I've got on these oval Leo's is down syndrome sick bro. :fact

3am is nothing for the smokedawg. dude dedicates tons of his own time to help us all out with sick deals, and flashing our ecu's so we can ride like a bauce.
:fact :cheers Thanks DOZER! Hit me up for some COD bro. Let's throw down tonight!

ill get random texts between the hours of 11pm - 2 or 3am pending on which day of the week it is. im always thinking as i wake up in bed to answer....what is Ant still doing up :lmao

hes a damn trooper when it comes to helping people out, thats for sure :cheers
:laugh I'm like, Eric's probably out pimpin, I'll text him now. LOL

I love it when I'll shoot him a text in the afternoon, then out of no where like 11pm PST I get a response. Like wtf!? Go to sleep its like 2am over there !!:D:pimp The man is crazy:screwy
:laugh Man, I get crazy busy and then I finally get finished with corresponding to as many people as possible. I'm like, it's not late on the West coast!

i'm the same way. i say "eff it, i'm not waiting for an answer" and just go to bed. wake up at 530 and there's my text from him. came in at like 2. lmfao
:lmao

Do you have a website link?
Thanks
As others mentioned I prefer to work on a more personal level with my customers and riders. It may take me more time but in the end the idea is to help us all!

I took today off just so I can work on the 6. Too bad my bedroom decided to flood with all the rain we are getting (and its still coming down till Sunday) and now I gotto deal with that :rant
:comp Damn Ram! Good luck cleanin up bro. :/
:cheers He sells A LOT more than he has up there. Just ask for what you're looking for. I always end up, "Hey Ant, do you have ____?" so far I've never gotten a "no" and always end up with a -$x transaction in my bank account :lmao
:lmao I will be adding more to the site eventually. It takes away from me getting back to everyone, so I'll add things here and there when I can. Keep an eye on it since it's under construction!

I'm going to get this done too! Can't wait!
:YEA You'll love it Ricky!

Just got my ecu back today and some other items... have been a little taken over by baby since ive been home
:werd Nice bro!

:yes, got my sweet Pit Bull Damper from him! And he worked to get it to me before my TD...:toocool:

Still have to get a shitload of stuff from him.
:cheers How do you like the damper? I'd love to hear feedback on em! the pricing on them and the GPR's is silly right now.

Don't we all... :laugh
:laugh :cheers

im fairly sure he could sell herpes to someone and they would be completely satisfied with the purchase haha
:bowroll: EPIC Eric! LOLOLOLOL

#148 ·
My boss has a 55 gallon drum of race gas for his race car that he's always telling me to put in the bike.

#149 ·
I can't speak highly enough about this Flash. After taking the R6 out for a serious spin you truly appreciate this mod! The time taken out for it and the current hookup price.

1 The bike pulls like a ****ing runaway train now, if you haven't been on a 1000cc this may scare you. It isn't hauling ass like an S1KRR, but non the less the added kick is a Welcome change and impressive. It actually made street riding fun for the first time since I got the bike.

2 The rev match, engine braking, the slipper clutch never worked so ****ing amazingly! Now the bike feels like its ready for the turns instead of me rolling off the gas and the damn thing jerking back as if it's changing it's mind.

3 Throttle bliping is perfect now

I maybe missing stuff because I haven't been on the bike in a few days but over all.
this flash makes everything Right with the bike.

Personal I would disagree with Rebel on one thing, I think This mod should be done after you get a VERY good grasp of what the R6 is like stock the R6 is dangerous enough for a new rider. That way when you have all this extra bike changing power you don't scare or hurt yourself. Just my two cents

#153 ·
:/ You should have it Monday, Tuesday the latest. I spent a ton of time on your drive by wire map. That bike is gonna do EXACTLY what you tell it to do now bro!!!!

:flex: Be pumped man!!!

Next in line is Justin, then Paul. i gotta pass out though, but there's a slight chance I get the other two in the mail tomorrow as well.

Sorry for the wait Dylan and Justin too! I just don't wanna short you guys on time and effort!

#155 ·
Man you're fine - I won't be riding again until probably march anyways. Maybe February. Bump someone that's going to be riding soon in front of mine if you need to. Just don't forget about me. :) and remember to text/email/contact me before you ship it back... I need some engine ice too. :D

(excuse typos, as this was a mobile posting)

#167 ·
bauce-racing.com
I don't think he has the flash up there so you can either PM chiefsmokedawg or email info@bauce-racing.com.

I took today off just so I can work on the 6. Too bad my bedroom decided to flood with all the rain we are getting (and its still coming down till Sunday) and now I gotto deal with that :rant
You're up by the bay area right? Its been raining here in LA for the past 2 days:( prob nothing compared to your rain but still enough to have the bike parked lol

#170 ·
I'm going to get this done too! Can't wait!

#178 ·
So my full exhuast came in from Bauce yesterday and I felt felt like a liittle kid on Christmas morning putting it on today. I opened the garage door to take her for a spin and it's raining. I check the temp and it's only 39 degress. So I gear up the best I can and figure I'll just take her around the block to hear how it sounds.

Long story short, it sounds so damn good I ended riding around for over an hour. When I get home my wife is PISSED. She said if I catch the flu she's coming down to Jersey to kick your ass, but she's a tiny little 5 foot thing so I wouldn't worry too much. lol.

So, since she's already upset, what should I get next, hmmm?

#190 · (Edited)
:lmao :lmao Send her my apology bro!!! I do the same shit and it's supposed to be a 15 minute ride, then the bike and I feel good, and I've ridden through 3 states and an hour later, etc. :cheers

:flex:

Well, first, you worked to get me the unit even after the shipping error from your supplier; that in itself was worth the price of admission, at least to me. I highly value the personal touch and attention to detail (such as, asking for my specific td date so you could get it to me in time), so the customer service aspect/purchase experience was top notch, but I think everyone here has figured this out....:cheers:

As for the damper itself:
I really like it for a rotary style (can't compare it to a linear unit); very easy install and stupid simple adjustments. Also, for someone that is concerned with getting under the tank often (as I am) this is a quality option. I swap front tank covers for track days in order to install my ETI tank sliders w/o having to compromise my clean covers that when the bike is on street duty..Yes, for the sake of vanity...:toocool: I do live in LA after all...:lmao

I must admit, that I've only had 1 track day with the unit and minimal street hours, so a more in depth review may be in order. With that said, I could probably give some of my thoughts.

I've been told a few times that I should not really feel a damper until the moment I need it so I initially decided to set the unit to have a low input because I didn't want to work harder to push my bars. Since I have a decent baseline setting, I also didn't want to feel something different on the bike, when say, gunning it out of a turn or running up on a high speed bank (when the front tends to get lighter) but I did feel a difference - a better one. After the install, I quick went out for a quick romp and running over cracks when on the gas I didn't notice the quick twitch I'd normally get when settling back down, if I did, it was less pronounced.

On the track (and I'm not that fast yet), it gave me a bit more confidence to hit it out of a turn and not worry soo much about the front getting light and wiggling around when settling down (if that makes sense). I've never really had issues with slappers but I've had slight wiggles before and those are still no fun at all and I figure it's a relatively cheap insurance policy.

I have to admit though, I wasn't really a huge believer in dampers until later that track weekend when a fellow member almost had a high-side (seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuAYc0yISpk&feature=g-user) but saved it, also using this very damper. When I asked him if he felt that the damper help at all, he simply replied "absolutely!"....I was sold, after being sold...:fact
:cheers I'm glad you like the GPR bro!! I was happy with it after riding my bike with one for a bit after we swapped it off the B bike. It was pretty mega! AND they have a super sale right now on em as well!

:cheers Thanks Jose!!!

Omg its on the truck for delivery. I'm waiting by the mail box like a kid
:popcorn:

on the weekends you usually catch me hammered to the point i cant even respond correctly :lmao last night my girl was like whos blowing up your phone, i was like hush its bike related let it happen :bowroll
:bowroll: She's gotta get used to it FAST bro!!!

LOL the Ohlins damper box was smaller/lighter than the excessive Canada Post box I was going to use :p

Huge thumbs up and mine isn't even finished yet.... Anthony has been in contact since he started working on it by e-mail, fixed and invoice mixup and keeping records of everything on my bike.... and still keeping his service commitment to me and other customers even though my riding season is done for another 4-5 months.
:cheers Thanks Azim!! :YEA

Just got home. Found my ECU which was shipped Friday from the east coast sitting at my door. Took it out for a quick cruise around the block. . .

Which quickly turned into a drive around the city.

I should have about 1000 miles of ride time with the flash by Saturday, and ill do a full review this weekend.

Until then, all I have to say is

Bike has gone full retard.

WOT is
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/mah-*****.jpg
With a side of

And after the ride I was like

If you havent done this, your wrong.
:bowroll: :bowroll: :bowroll:

This is the shit that keeps me going guys ^^ SERIOUSLY!!! I've got about 75 hours of research into this all, and about $200 worth of different gasses, etc. That's what makes my flash the :boob:

I got a used one piece leather suit on saturday. (Also got to wear that for the first time tonight. Makes me feel like speed racer. lmao)

I need to get my suspension set up properly, get a spare set of rims for some Non Commuter tires, and a little more sporty seat time instead of the 1500 miles of straight freeway a week im doing and im gonna start getting on the track. Hopefully in the spring.
OMG bro, 1000 miles in a week is beyond crayyyy! Definitely cop some spare wheels and hit them twisties up BRO!

:YEA

Mine should be getting to Ant today and should arrive back to me by this weekend so I can enjoy this 70° ATL weather! :-O In addition to the ECU, I'll be receiving a BMC Street filter and some new plugs. STOKED! Anthony is "that *****!" The flash should speak for itself. Anticipating this box being on my doorstep too much!

Sent while riding my R6. o_O
:bowroll:

Thanks bro!!! I'll keep my eye on it for you. I lost a day last night to sleeping from the time I walked into my house till this morning. I even put a post-it on the wall over the couch to be woken up if possible at 10:25 PM. My GF said I was BEYOND belligerent when she tried multiple times to wake me. :lmao :lmao :lmao

All this talk of the ECU flash makes me sad owning a 2012. In the next week or so I'll be sending it back to Anthony to see if these flash tune updates have done anything to flash the 2012's.

Anthony, if it doesn't work now you can hold onto it for a month or 2 for testing periodically and what not. Snow will be falling soon anyway...

I would like to say f it and get an ECU off ebay but as of right now i need to save my $ for a new helmet... which will more then likely be a Nexx from Bauce Racing
We have an actual sale coming up on the NEXX's within a week bro. :YEA

And no worries bro. I'll try and find a deal on one. I got a guy not too far from me I got a tank from for a STEAL bro. Sergio is his name, we've done a forum ride together. HELLA nice dude and broke me off a mega deal on yet another gas tank for the 08. MUST STOP CRASHING BIKE!!!! :rant

#184 · (Edited)
Just got home. Found my ECU which was shipped Friday from the east coast sitting at my door. Took it out for a quick cruise around the block. . .

Which quickly turned into a drive around the city.

I should have about 1000 miles of ride time with the flash by Saturday, and ill do a full review this weekend.

Until then, all I have to say is

Bike has gone full retard.

WOT is
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/mah-*****.jpg
With a side of

And after the ride I was like

If you havent done this, your wrong.

#185 ·
Nailed it^.

:bowroll

Take that bitch out on the track and REALLY feel what it can do... It's a whole new machine after that flash. :fact

#186 ·
I got a used one piece leather suit on saturday. (Also got to wear that for the first time tonight. Makes me feel like speed racer. lmao)

I need to get my suspension set up properly, get a spare set of rims for some Non Commuter tires, and a little more sporty seat time instead of the 1500 miles of straight freeway a week im doing and im gonna start getting on the track. Hopefully in the spring.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.