Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

[RENDER] 2014 Yamaha YZF-R6 Concept

45K views 41 replies 40 participants last post by  cduhh 
#1 ·
Hello everyone! I am new here so I`ve decided to present myself with my first work on Japanese bike - concept for future 2014 Yamaha YZF-R6 :devils

I`ve decided to modify shape of front headlights, where full-LED`s should be available as option, side panels are changed with simplified color scheme and blinkers are now integrated in mirrors.
Main goal of this R6 redesign is to make whole bike more aggressive, with more MotoGP association, but still with noticeable R6 lines.

Since this is teaser for my final render in high resolution, feel free to give your comments & critiques what should be changed/modified/improved :bash

In blue:

In red:

See less See more
#4 ·
Great work but I don't like it personally.

The mirrors are good, they're not overdone like the gsxr or ducati mirrors, a nice sharp simple "cut" for the turn signals. I don't like the 4 "projectors" in the headlight, never really do but some people might.

As for the side fairings, I don't really like them that much either. It looks almost one piece, no cuts to show off it's aggressiveness.

#11 ·
Great work man, really like the side fairings. Here's a few more suggestions:

The headlight, although LED's, needs to look a bit different along with the intake. It carries over too much from the 3rd gen. With the current trends of narrow and short tails, the tail/subframe could be shorter ala RSV4'esque.

:cheers
if you do keep the mid fairing look take away the back little point to it (at the top) and make it a less rounded to match the RSV4s pointy tail, tie everything together.

Sent from my RAPCON

#14 ·
Love it as is!

#15 ·
I love the turn signals in the mirrors. I have flushmounts on my bike and it sucks at 4-way stop signs because only 1 of 3 vehicles can see which turn signal i have on...

IMO, the lower black side fairing look too plain. maybe some white or blue lines to accent the bike?

#21 ·
I like what you've done here, but something really needs to be done with that hideous exhaust. Something more stealthy like the Taylormade design :hump:

#22 ·
i like it!!

#25 ·
I like it mostly! The front reminds me of 07-08 R1's though...

#27 ·
i like lots of fairing. the previous model looks more racy. why not just copy the GP fairing and adapt it to the R6. saves alot of messing around. the current r6 fairing is still the best on the market, so lets change it ??, stupid idea overall

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.