Votes: 25 32.1%
  • AGV GP-Tech

Votes: 21 26.9%
  • Bell Star Carbon

Votes: 26 33.3%

Helmets

7K views 70 replies 37 participants last post by  06r6-87 
#1 · (Edited)
Taking into consideration the price... and best ventilation.

#39 ·
After taking an 85mph head dive into the dirt at my last trackday in my Shoei X12, I will never take price into consideration when it comes to helmets again. It performed admiringly, and despite being out for 2-3 minutes, there was no damage other than bruising to the exterior of my head and soft tissue stuff in my neck that is resolving quickly. Helmet has a full-depth crack up the back side, and some darn good scrapes around the entire exterior....and I'm still walking and talking normally.

Fit first, ratings second, features third, and price is no longer a factor...my head was well worth the money I sunk into that helmet and my insurance will even cover it (less deductible) without a ding on my policy since it was not on public roads and I have no other claims.

I was always a bit of a helmet (and gear) nazi, but personal experience has proven to me that some things should never be skimped on.

#40 ·
Glad to hear you're alright man! A good helmet is totally worth the money! As with any gear, more often then not, you get what you pay for! Helmets can look cool and all that, but at the end of the day, you want them for protection over anything else! My RPS-10 did its job in my highside at my last trackday! I'll be rockin my X-11 until I pick up a new lid... Shoei makes some great helmets!

:cheers

#42 ·
Ordered the k3. Pretty stoked for it to come. While I'm glad to hear the other guy is ok after the crash since I ride all street the look of the helmet really matters to me and this one kinda matches my jacket, anyways I currently have a scorpion exo700 burst. Love it as well

#45 ·
I have a Suomy Vandal- lightest helmet I've ever worn; my friends all say the same. It's not the quietest but it's reasonable. I have a Bell Star; sweet looking helmet, but it's by far the loudest helmet I've ever owned.
At triple digit speed, the Bell Star is the loudest by far.
I've owned a Shoei RF-1100, and a Icon Alliance too.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

#48 ·
imo no helmet is better than the gp tech

its all on you to me agv is just better quality...bell star is a tad bit lighter and head checks are a little easier...but id pick my agv gp tech out of every other helmet...waiting on them to come up with a new design so i can buy a new one lol

#50 · (Edited)
I love my Rossi Continents GP Tech too... I tried the Bell, but it didn't fit my head shape very well. Riders Discount has the Rossi WTF GP Techs now. I like the Elements but I have too many helmets atm. LOL. well, I have a few HJC's too that are really comfortable.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

#52 ·
i have 3 Arai Corsair-V and 1 GP-Tech and i have to say the Arai is the better of the two. plenty of ventilation and feels lighter to wear for long period of time over the GP-Tech. i don't care about the noise so much on the Arai since i always wear my ear plugs.

#56 ·
NEXX X1R1

If you're going to buy a nice helmet, why not buy the best?

Lightest, best vision, and sickest helmets out right now...

#61 ·
I've got a couple X-11's and they're great helmets. Light and MOVE air extremely well and I hear the X-12 is that with additional upgrades from the X-11!

I'm stuck on the RPS-10, now RPHA-10... Just picked up ANOTHER one... Making it my third... Extremely comfy, light, crash well, and I buy them when they're older and shops are looking to move them... Like the new RPHA-10 Monster 2... I'll wait till sometime next year when they can be had in the $300 range like the other RPS-10's I've picked up... My new helmet arrives on Thursday! Siked to get yet another one, even though it's the same helmet with different graffics... :laugh

My X-11 will get some good use on the track this weekend while I'm racing as well! I don;t want to wreck ANOTHER brand new helmet... So I'll rock the old funky Shoei... Still love that helmet!

#62 ·
It's hard for me to find a helmet that fits my long ass head but I currently own an Arai Profile and a Shoei X-12. Bought the X-12 pretty recently due to the Profile hitting the hump on my suit in full tuck. After owning both, I like the X-12 much better and yes I know I'm comparing a mid range Arai to a top level Shoei. At the end of the day, it's all in what fits your head the best.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com App

#63 ·
:fact

When looming for a helmet, try on as many different types as you can, then make your decision... Read reviews, do some research, get educated on the various products out there. Then you can make the best decision that suits you!

#69 ·
Nice little revival, i had a couple scorpions first and they were ok, held up fine in a pretty bad crash. Then i bought an icon purely for the looks and cause it was relatively cheap, you get what you pay for, soooo loud and ventilation sucked. I then got a killer deal from a friend on an agv gp-tech rossi "hands" mugello '09 and it was amazing, awesome looking(lots of compliments), little noise, good ventilation, and just overall super comfortable. Just bought a new gp-tech the rossi 2012 misano "boxer" one. Will post some pics when i get a chance. I tried on the RPHA-10 Lorenzo and it just doesnt fit anywhere near as well as the gp-tech.

#71 ·
That was my '09 Mugello GP-Tech, the blue one wit the green gloves on the sides

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.