Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

The best battery?

9K views 27 replies 19 participants last post by  iHak 
#1 ·
Hi
I was wondering maybe some of you guys gonna recommend me the good battery because my died and i dont know which one i should buy. I went to nearest mechanic and he said that the stock is the best and the price for it is $140 ;o

I just want to add that i gonna install HID's, few led strips 2 x ubs and maybe something else.

#3 ·
Go to an auto store and just buy an AGM sealed one. You're still gonna spend $80-100 but I have had no issues with mine.

You won't be able to use an acid pack battery since they usually mount on their side.

#6 ·
Cycle World did an article a few months back about this.

#11 ·
8-cell Ballistic in both my bikes work awesome.. you can leave em unplugged for up to a year. 4-cell would work, but the little extra juice is nice and the weight is like less than 1lb diff i think. Not saying the shorai is not good, i never used one. It's really nice having the smaller battery as it can be taken in/out without removing the tank bracket like you do with the stocker, and nevermind the huge weight savings.. $140 for a stock batt? jeezus.

#12 ·
Another vote for the Ballistic, or even the Alien Motion equivalent.

#17 · (Edited)
This :fact :fact

And the only one using D.O.D. certified cells.... That's no big deal tho. :laugh

I've been looking up Shorai batteries.. I'm going to be hooking up a USB charging port for my iPhone.. will it handle that? What size to get for the 2008 R6 (not S)?

Also, something that is confusing to me.. batteries are usually charged by the bike, while riding right? Why do people need to buy the Shorai Charger? I hear of people having to take off their seat to charge etc etc. Should you not just be able to put the battery in and forget about it?
The lithium batteries don't charge the same. You technically need a "Smart" charger for them that is pretty pricey. When my 4 cells come in, I will be getting the very expensive charger and offer a free charge for all the batteries I sell. This way everyone is off to a good start!!

#15 ·
I've been looking up Shorai batteries.. I'm going to be hooking up a USB charging port for my iPhone.. will it handle that? What size to get for the 2008 R6 (not S)?

Also, something that is confusing to me.. batteries are usually charged by the bike, while riding right? Why do people need to buy the Shorai Charger? I hear of people having to take off their seat to charge etc etc. Should you not just be able to put the battery in and forget about it?

#27 ·
They did a review of all the batteries in motor cyclist mag. They ranked it 3rd out of 8.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.