Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

GYTR, Graves, or Leo Vince...sorry

7K views 33 replies 23 participants last post by  BlackDynamite 
#1 ·
Sorry for posting one of these threads...but I am having the hardest time deciding. Is there really even a difference between them? I am just talking about the slip on. Right now I just have my header midpipe and stock slipon with PC3. I have been searching youtube all day haha. So sorry again for making this thead...I am just very in decisive!

#7 ·
Leo..............

#8 ·
termi!!

they will all sound the same really....gytr will be the loudest and have a high pitch to it...leo and graves will be the same loud wise except the leo will have a bit deeper sound to it..neither the leo or graves will be that loud

#9 ·
I say Leo cause I sell em. :laugh

But honestly, any mid pipe and slip on setup is ridiculously loud and overly high flowing. slip ons are TINY. Full system silencers aren't tiny for a reason... With the leo, at least you get the insert to quiet it down or make some respectable back pressure.

I have ridden and setup bikes with mid pipes and slip ons that FLY, and some run better than others, but it's all hit or miss. No one y pipe and slip on is the answer to a perfect tune and amount of back pressure. :fact

#11 ·
I originally installed my midpipe with a competition werkes slip on. It has no baffles. I left the honeycomb in. It was retard loud.

Not even 12 hours later i put the stock can back on. I think with the stock can with honeycomb in headers the exhaust is just right. Not too loud and not too quiet. U don't have to piss off people and. Still get a nice sound down low. And still retaining decent back pressure.

I gave the werkes slip on to my buddy that still has his muffler box on. With it installed its pretty much as loud as my setup.

#13 ·
Leo, Graves. In that order. GYTR isn't even on par with the other 2 listed.

#15 ·
I am running the same thing in regards to the OEM slip on and the y pipe. I may just leave it as that and call it good. Got smog block offs on the way so I'm anxious to see what I notice differently with that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#18 ·
I don't like the look of a Leo slip-on! Sticks out too far. Now the full system is SEXY! I'm getting ready to do a mid pipe on mine and will be in the same boat, but I plan on running my shortened stock can until I can find something that really looks and sounds good. Been checking out Termi and RaceFit.

#22 · (Edited)
The GYTR's quality is fine. It's a good slip and a rather low price. There is a stainless leo out there right now for around the same price ($200ish) so it's a matter of preference.

I've only owned Yosh and GYTR stuff on any of my bikes, so that's all I really have to compare though. I came VERY close to trying the leo but I wanted cf since I have a raven.

One question I have is what does the leo sound like as compared to a yosh or gytr? It seems like they all sound pretty similar overall, but there certainly is a large difference in tone and volume between a shorty and a full sized slip.

#29 ·
I went M4 middy and GYTR because it was cheap(er) and I won't kick myself if I go down on the track with it.
A buddy of mine (member here) got a titanium Graves and it's tits all the way, but I'd personally cry (ok not really) if I'd rash a $1100+ exhaust. Hell, I paid less for the Full Borla system on my car...:laugh. To each....I'd go Akra next time around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.