Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

So I Bought Some Armour Bodies

6K views 50 replies 19 participants last post by  Goatse 
#1 ·
Well after doing a lot I research, and wearing out owners of various brands of race fairings, I have decided to go with Armour Bodies. Talked to a few track day guys that have owned SharkSkinz, Optimal, and some other eBay stuff, and all have said that for the dollar Armour Bodies is where it's at. They're part of Woodcraft, which we all know makes hell of awesome shit already, so that gave them some major validation, that and the fact that our man ChiefSmokeDawg with Bauce Racing sells these.

So anyway, called up Anthony at Bauce Racing, asked him about availability, he made a call to verify they had what I needed and BAM!!! I got my order in. Price was awesome, I couldn't even ask for a hook up it was such a good deal. So thanks Bauce Racing.

Oh and expect a full how to and review on these when I get them. **** I can't wait to open that box.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#5 ·
Nice nice

#11 ·
I've got an SBK set I got from Woodcraft and they've worked beautifully. They've seen three low-sides without cracking or wearing through. I'm impressed.

Fit was great when compared to other bodywork, but still took an hour or two to dry-fit well before painting.

Anyway, highly recommended from me. I may pick up another set to paint this winter so I've got spares.

-D

#16 ·
I'm running the same! Awesome race fairings, perfect fit, and after a highside, they look almost brand new!

Tried, tested, and Cox approved!

You will love them!

:cheers

#18 ·
They just showed up, here they are out of the box, won't be a lento fit tonight, but I'll do it tomorrow.

View attachment 86851 View attachment 86852 View attachment 86853 View attachment 86854

Bitchin feeling right?! Getting that huge box, then openning it up and unwrapping all the goods! :cheers

I use zip ties for almost all the mount points FYI... In case of a wreck... The zip ties break, rather then having bolts tear through the fiberglass mounting points... Only place I used DZUS was upper to lower, and bottom tail pan to upper tail. The rest is practically zip tied through the mounting holes you will drill... I think I used only 2 actual stock bolts to the frame, and 2 on the front fender, the rest is zip-tied. It helps them give and move a bit in a wreck... Rather then have that fiberglass take the full brunt of the impact...

:cheers

#21 ·
Do want

#22 ·
So I was tripping balls a out how difficult I thought this install was gonna be, before I knew it, I was done, WTF!? Here are some pics. The holes are dead on if you drill them dead center. I used zip ties to hold them in place until my DZUS fasteners show, I got those from Chief at an awesome price also, and yes get the fasteners, it will make it so much F u c k i n g easier.

Then I had an incident, which showed just how tough the Armour Bodies are. I was moving the bike off the front stand, when all of a sudden, CRASH!!!, right on its side, I picked it up, cussed myself out, and to my amazement fairing were not damaged bad at all, negligible if any. I made the same mistake with the stock fairings, and needless to say the damage was way more extensive. These things are tough, and the reinforced Kevlar bolt holes are really as tough as they say they are.

I started by installing the windscreen forest, it helps bring in the fairing some. After that just line up the holes to the dimples on the fairings, and drill. Use a step drill for all your holes, makes it easier.

Really though if your needing fairings for the track, these are the way to go, you won't regret it, and if you want an awesome deal with kick ass customer service, you gotta hit up ChiefSmokeDawg, you won't be disappointed.

#24 ·
Looks great! Now paint um! You doin a rattle can job or what? I made a paint booth, bought a set of guns and paint and did it all myself... Prob cost $300 or less after all was said and done... Pretty sure it's all in my build thread, pics and all if you're interested in how to...

#26 ·
The better rider you are, the gayer you can make the paint scheme... :fact

When I'm an expert, Rainbow/zebra all the way! :laugh

#31 · (Edited)
found one
I feel like you could do better then that^ for a hello kitty bike... :laugh

Def gotta be fast enough to rock a paint scheme like that... Otherwise ur just some slow phag with a ghey bike... :lmao

Prob a couple years off from Expert myself, so as I said, once these fairings are beat to shit, or I pick up an 08+ I'll be doing an American Flag them/ memorial bike for our fallen soldiers during the OIF OEF campaigns... That's the idea I've got for the next set of track bodywork at least...

What do you have planned Chato?

#33 ·
That's a bit over the top for a trackday... He's going to end up wrecking someone... A trackday is not a race, no need to pass like an ass... Passing I'm all about, but fcukin other people up on the track is unnecessary...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.