Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > Local Scene > North Central

Old 03-21-2012, 12:11 AM   #71
Raynman
I eat my R6

Bike: '04 R6
Re: Michigan Rider's & Windsor Canada Rider list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viginti View Post
We should all get together for a ride. Where do you guys typically ride?

I sometimes hit hines drive if I'm just looking for a casual cruise. Will run it to Northville and back to the Warrendale exit in Dearborn.

I used to head out to Royal Oak for bike nights occasionally too.

Open to ideas, let me know

I think it would be cool if we could get like 10 of us from the local area here together for a ride to Royal Oak at least once this summer.
I just got my bike in February and just passed the MSF over the weekend so other than riding to work and back, I haven't pushed my luck too much lol. That being said, I don't have any favorite riding spots...yet, haha! I def wanna attend at least one Royal Oak bike night, just to see what all the excitement is about. I'm working nights for the next week and half so my ride time is limited to the weekends, and even then I've gotta keep it short (I use the weekends to make up the time I don't get to see my kids during the week). I'm down for whatever though
K&N air filter
HID 8k headlights
PCIII
Raynman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2012, 08:59 AM   #72
Viginti
The FNG

Bike: '09 R6S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynman View Post
I just got my bike in February and just passed the MSF over the weekend so other than riding to work and back, I haven't pushed my luck too much lol. That being said, I don't have any favorite riding spots...yet, haha! I def wanna attend at least one Royal Oak bike night, just to see what all the excitement is about. I'm working nights for the next week and half so my ride time is limited to the weekends, and even then I've gotta keep it short (I use the weekends to make up the time I don't get to see my kids during the week). I'm down for whatever though
Gratz on the endorsement! Yeah my work schedule changes too. The bike night in RO is Thursday nights. I head out around 7ish and stay until about 9-10pm.

Got all summer to hit one, no rush here
Viginti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:04 AM   #73
rayvenr6
curv-isour

Bike: 08 r6s raven

hey everyone new to the site. got a new to me 08 r6s raven. live in canton. ride pretty much on the weekends, except when i go down to TOD. i'd love to meet ppl in the area though. hit me up
rayvenr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:09 PM   #74
LittleMeanGreenMachine
Life is best beyond 10k

Bike: 2008 Honda CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvenr6 View Post
hey everyone new to the site. got a new to me 08 r6s raven. live in canton. ride pretty much on the weekends, except when i go down to TOD. i'd love to meet ppl in the area though. hit me up
Did you ride up to Novi last Sunday? I was sitting on the offramp of I96 at Wixom and a black R6 (older gen) or black R6s and a orange R6 went by going north. I might've seen you!

Quote:
"Multiple track days are needed every 12 month period to keep performance of the nut between bars and seat within an acceptable range. Failure to do so could result in a loss of talent in the nut. Crashing, "squidding it up" and illusions of awesomeness could occur.".
LittleMeanGreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:18 PM   #75
Raynman
I eat my R6

Quote:
What is TOD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMeanGreenMachine View Post
Did you ride up to Novi last Sunday? I was sitting on the offramp of I96 at Wixom and a black R6 (older gen) or black R6s and a orange R6 went by going north. I might've seen you!
I need to make my way up there soon. I've mainly just been riding around the city and to/from work. It's suppose to be pretty decent on Sunday...I hope to get some riding in then!
K&N air filter
HID 8k headlights
PCIII
Old 03-28-2012, 01:02 PM   #76
Viginti
The FNG

Haven't been up through Novi before. Nice riding?

I know heading up North Territorial from Beck road towards the Pinckney/Dexter area is a nice cruise. Country road type of ride, 50-60 mph, curvy, hilly.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:06 PM   #77
Raynman
I eat my R6

Quote:

I know heading up North Territorial from Beck road towards the Pinckney/Dexter area is a nice cruise. Country road type of ride, 50-60 mph, curvy, hilly.
I didn't have my first bike long enough to enjoy it and I've only had the 6 since February...sounds like it'll be an enjoyable experience though
K&N air filter
HID 8k headlights
PCIII
Old 03-28-2012, 01:12 PM   #78
rayvenr6
curv-isour

Bike: 08 r6s raven

I was in the Novi area on sat. I was riding with a silver suzuki 1200. we were cruising around walled lake commerce area.

TOD= tail of the dragon, us-129, deals gap NC. look up
www.killboy.com for pictures more info.
rayvenr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:38 PM   #79
LittleMeanGreenMachine
Life is best beyond 10k

Bike: 2008 Honda CBR600RR

Quote:

This. There's nothing in Novi!

Quote:
I was in the Novi area on sat. I was riding with a silver suzuki 1200. we were cruising around walled lake commerce area.

TOD= tail of the dragon, us-129, deals gap NC. look up
www.killboy.com for pictures more info.
Must've been someone else.

Quote:
"Multiple track days are needed every 12 month period to keep performance of the nut between bars and seat within an acceptable range. Failure to do so could result in a loss of talent in the nut. Crashing, "squidding it up" and illusions of awesomeness could occur.".
LittleMeanGreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:04 PM   #80
Viginti
The FNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMeanGreenMachine View Post
This. There's nothing in Novi!
lol, thats what I thought too. So anyone got any other riding spots or gathering places?
Flush Mount Front Turn Signals
Yoshimura Slip On

Future Mods
Two Bros Exhaust
PC V w/Autotune
Pazzo Levers
Powder Coated Rims, Rearsets, Pedals
Sponsored Links
Advertisement