» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > Local Scene > Canada

Old 03-19-2012, 01:55 PM   #741
ShiftInRed
Premium Member

Bike: Blue 09' R6, 03' R6 track
Re: Canadian Riders Check In And Say Hi

What do you have in there right now? and did you pay for the assembly or did it come with the bike? If you have something better in there and the assembly is just collecting dust then maybe. I nod really know the value of things as im new to bikes aswell so never know. i keeping all my stock stuff for 3 reasond 1) In the HIGHLY unlikely event i sell my bike i can take all mods off and put stock stuff on and make money on the aftermarket parts, 2) If i ever get pulled over for some stupid reason and get a fix-it ticket i can quickly swap them, 3) if i ever bought a nother bike within the years i can use to rebuild.
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2012, 02:00 PM   #742
adamb
I take my R6 on dates.

Bike: 05' R6
When I laid my bike down, I ended up buying a new oem assembly because I got a decent deal on it. And I have OCD so the scrape really pissed me off. So yes it is collecting dust, I really don't have a use for it.
adamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:32 PM   #743
ShiftInRed
Premium Member

Do you know the brand it was? if so look what it cost new? and really if you wont use it and someone WANTS it and you can make some money toward new parts or gear i would say go for it.

I still hope to bring the bike down in April but spring time is a funny thing and could end up being not riding weather but i will bring my bike down and we will have to go for a ride for sure. Im hoping to move Calgary some time soon aswell.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:49 AM   #744
ShiftInRed
Premium Member

So Adam whats the word?
Old 03-21-2012, 11:42 AM   #745
adamb
I take my R6 on dates.

decided to sell the assembly for $120, it was oem and i really just wanted the money to go towards a new jacket.

as for the dyno, i am pretty sure the guy is a one man operation (correction, he is from SYLVAN lake not SLAVE). So its difficult to get a hold of him on the phone, i think ill take a drive up to sylvan one of these days, just with all the midterms, papers and projects with school lately ive been pretty pressed for time.

anyone need any misc parts by the way i found some more as i was digging through my garage to find those headlights.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:04 PM   #746
ShiftInRed
Premium Member

Good stuff, i dont need a new jacket, I like my "Stunt" jacket, i do need a new back protector incert as the one i have in there is too small for me. I am thinking of a new pair of Gloves though that will go over my jacket so as to not let wind in haha. Oh and a new lid..... that will make 3 lids haha
Old 03-21-2012, 01:19 PM   #747
adamb
I take my R6 on dates.

I just bought new boots and gloves last year. The jacket is so temping though, damn I only have two helmets.

Bbbuutt my bike is almost back together!! Key word is almost
Old 03-21-2012, 01:34 PM   #748
ShiftInRed
Premium Member

well i bought a cheap one for the safety course and to take the test, then When i bought my bike i told them i wanted a Helmet (Free) if i was going to buy my bike and now i want a Shoei or AVG. I would like to get another set of boots (my sidi ones are a bit small i think) and maybe some riding jeans that are a bit thicker.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:06 AM   #749
adamb
I take my R6 on dates.

So I'm in a rut. I was set on buying a carver 2 piece suit (because of the riders discount deals). But after trying them on, they aren't long enough in the torso for me.

Ssssooo anyone have an idea for a good road jacket, that I can layer up under too?? I'm wanting to upgrade my icon jacket, and am also wanting pants for long riders and maybe track days.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:50 PM   #750
ShiftInRed
Premium Member

When i ride to Calgary i wear my textile jacket and pants. when im just jetting around the city and what not i just wear my jacket, i can layer under my textile but not much room in the leather one maybe a thin hoody.
Advertisement