Motorcycle Suspension Setup 101 - Page 17 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Suspension settings

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 06:41 PM   #161
yuengling910
Pastor of Muppets
 
yuengling910's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: MA
Posts: 1,274
Bike: 07 R6S
Re: Coming soon... web casts with a reputable tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanQ View Post
Some of you know that I've been talking to a well known tuner about organizing some motorcycle specific web casts, about once a month starting in November, to discuss things he's learned about our model bike. After about 30-40 minutes of presentation, he will have an "Ask ----" session for 20 minutes or so to allow us to ask any questions we may have on bike setup, from ergonomics to chassis geometry to damping considerations, and anything else control related.

This is really a great opportunity to have dedicated attention of a true suspension genius, and I am looking forward to post more detail very soon. I'll link it in this thread.
Awesome!

subbed for this.
yuengling910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-02-2012, 09:39 PM   #162
DanQ
Yamaha Blue in any color
 
DanQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 3,200
Bike: FZR-1K, R1, Vmax, R6
Re: Motorcycle Suspension Setup 101

I know this one specifically is for the R1-Forum, but Dave and I are planning an R6-Form event starting 14 November that will follow the same format.

The R1-Forum Presents Dave Moss.
__________________



Dan

CCS #598
91 FZR 1000
04 YZF-R1
05 YZF-R6 (track bike)
05 V-Max 0098/2000 20th Anniversary
04 Roadstar Warrior

TEAM: SO FAST SO CLEAN
DanQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:49 PM   #163
RSICKS ATL
Get you some!
 
RSICKS ATL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Posts: 1,016
Bike: 08 R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanQ View Post
Some of you know that I've been talking to a well known tuner about organizing some motorcycle specific web casts, about once a month starting in November, to discuss things he's learned about our model bike. After about 30-40 minutes of presentation, he will have an "Ask ----" session for 20 minutes or so to allow us to ask any questions we may have on bike setup, from ergonomics to chassis geometry to damping considerations, and anything else control related.

This is really a great opportunity to have dedicated attention of a true suspension genius, and I am looking forward to post more detail very soon. I'll link it in this thread.
That sounds awesome! Thanks. Subbed for details!


Sent from my iPad 3
__________________
2008 R6 Raven - Mods - Bauce Racing ECU Flash : Gutted header : MJS Mid-pipe : Carbon Scorpion Powercone slip-on : -1 Front Sprocket : AGG Smog Block Offs : BMC Street Filter : TechSpec Snakeskin tank grips : MotoDynamic Smoked Integrated tail light : Smoked LED flush mounts : LP Racing No-Cut Frame Sliders : Swingarm Spools : Renthal Road Race Dual Compounds : Graves Billet Bar-ends : 07 Black wheels : Powder-coated rearsets : Smoked windscreen : 3000k Hi/8000k Low HIDs : Fender Eliminator with LED tag bolts : AGG Rear Reservoir Delete : AGG Angled Valve Stems : Battlax S20s

RSICKS ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:07 PM   #164
Fallis
Meh
 
Fallis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 7,812
Bike: 05 R6 Track, 09 R1, Strom
Re: Motorcycle Suspension Setup 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanQ View Post
I know this one specifically is for the R1-Forum, but Dave and I are planning an R6-Form event starting 14 November that will follow the same format.

The R1-Forum Presents Dave Moss.
Going on in an hour! See the R1 Forum post for a link and details.
Fallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:34 PM   #165
DanQ
Yamaha Blue in any color
 
DanQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 3,200
Bike: FZR-1K, R1, Vmax, R6
Re: Motorcycle Suspension Setup 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallis View Post
Going on in an hour! See the R1 Forum post for a link and details.
That was pretty awesome! Thanks for showing! I hope Dave answered your questions.
__________________



Dan

CCS #598
91 FZR 1000
04 YZF-R1
05 YZF-R6 (track bike)
05 V-Max 0098/2000 20th Anniversary
04 Roadstar Warrior

TEAM: SO FAST SO CLEAN
DanQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:39 PM   #166
mercenary
When in doubtThrottle out
 
mercenary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 4,513
Bike: Under Construction
Re: Motorcycle Suspension Setup 101

Good Q&A and as always lots of information
__________________
2009 YZF-R6
2010 Ninja 250

MCRA/CCS#81
mercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:32 PM   #167
mgossel
Lifetime Premium
 
mgossel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,836
Re: Motorcycle Suspension Setup 101

Gents,

Quick question on front fork set up for 3rd generation (08). I recently had my suspension set up (front and rear). When the tech set up the forks he moved it up to the 1st line instead of leaving it at the OEM setting and adjusting from their. He said this would the bike turn in quicker.

For those that have had their suspsension set up. Were your forks raised? Is this common or just a preference by the tech? He had said that the R6 with OEM internals was soft up front. I am not questioning his decision to move it up so much as he is way more qualified than I am, I just want to get others experience.

I won't get a chance to ride in it until the first track day in May. Will that 5mm make that big of a difference in turn in and exit of a corner?

Thanks in advance for any input.
mgossel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:57 PM   #168
|/3|\|0|\/|
Dirt track racing!
 
|/3|\|0|\/|'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: SW Minnesota
Posts: 1,977
Bike: 2008 YZF R6 LE
Re: Motorcycle Suspension Setup 101

Epic thread is EPIC.
|/3|\|0|\/| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:24 PM   #169
mercenary
When in doubtThrottle out
 
mercenary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 4,513
Bike: Under Construction
Re: Motorcycle Suspension Setup 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgossel View Post
Gents,

Quick question on front fork set up for 3rd generation (08). I recently had my suspension set up (front and rear). When the tech set up the forks he moved it up to the 1st line instead of leaving it at the OEM setting and adjusting from their. He said this would the bike turn in quicker.

For those that have had their suspsension set up. Were your forks raised? Is this common or just a preference by the tech? He had said that the R6 with OEM internals was soft up front. I am not questioning his decision to move it up so much as he is way more qualified than I am, I just want to get others experience.

I won't get a chance to ride in it until the first track day in May. Will that 5mm make that big of a difference in turn in and exit of a corner?

Thanks in advance for any input.
Need more info:

Tire size and manufacturer
spring rates if aftermarket or are you on stock suspension?
what style of rider are you? do you brake hard and late and trail brake into corners or brake early and off the brakes turning in?
__________________
2009 YZF-R6
2010 Ninja 250

MCRA/CCS#81
mercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:45 PM   #170
bryan j
pin it to win it
 
bryan j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: forsyth GA
Posts: 7,745
Bike: 07 r6, 06 yz250f
Send a message via AIM to bryan j
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercenary View Post
Need more info:

Tire size and manufacturer
spring rates if aftermarket or are you on stock suspension?
what style of rider are you? do you brake hard and late and trail brake into corners or brake early and off the brakes turning in?
what's braking got to do with it?

A taller bike drops in faster from what i've gathered

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
__________________
Go fast parts:
Pipercross race filter, Leo sbk slip on, 05 header mod, pcv, bauce racing ecu flash, agg smog block offs, quick turn throttle, 520 rk gxw chain -1-1 renthal sprockets, ebc hh pads
, Shorai battery.

Body:
Robby moto sbk rearsets, woodcraft clip ons & sliders, armor bodies sbk fairings, db screen, vortex v3 gas cap, keyless ignition mod, agg sbk res kit,


Support the forum Vendors
bryan j is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Suspension setup!! gripnrip General Discussions 25 07-12-2008 05:12 PM
R6 2007 suspension setup HELP CipiVTS Suspension settings 3 07-08-2007 11:41 PM
Please help me setup my suspension for aggressive street riding BaileyMotorSports Suspension settings 3 06-14-2007 06:49 PM
Suspension setup John Nolen Suspension settings 3 09-18-2006 02:00 PM
Wheelie Suspension setup R6_red-rocket Suspension settings 30 01-29-2005 06:13 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:47 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum Ninja H2 Forum
R6-Forum.com is an independent Yamaha enthusiast website. Content on R6-Forum.com is generated by its users and R6-Forum.com is not in any way affiliated with Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A.