First impressions: BAUCE Racing ECU flash - Page 6 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Product Reviews

Old 11-03-2012, 09:22 PM   #51
bluerebel
Sometimes..........

Bike: 2012 R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mknuchell View Post
Zero down sides from my perspective. Overly satisfied with the flash and all I've done on it so far is street riding. Have to wait till next season for the track! And the raised idle helps oil pressure into the engine. Our beasts run with excessively low pressure with stock idle settings.

Glad to see ant is getting the recognition of his work and effort he deserves! Prolly overwhelmed with orders and the storm.

Def not a downside just something that should be known.

Like mentioned above, the raised idle helps to keep proper oil pressure at idle.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

bluerebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 01:52 PM   #52
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6
Re: First impressions: BAUCE Racing ECU flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by easbaysav View Post
Just got a reply from Ant, he's good, but freezing up there right now and running off a generator. That's top notch service right there, doing what he can in his current living condition due to the storm. Hope his power comes back up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerebel View Post

Def not a downside just something that should be known.

Like mentioned above, the raised idle helps to keep proper oil pressure at idle.

My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:04 PM   #53
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

Wow! This thread is awesome!! Thanks guys for all the kind words. I knew I missed a TON on here during this storm and it's aftermath. It's good to finally be getting caught up with everyone!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Silaxin View Post
He'd appreciate a diff sort of... delivery...

What we should do is send his girl some flowers for puting up with this shit. I'm blown away at how he manages a full time job, and then hours upon hours at the shop(BAUCE Racing), and still manages his house and personal life(or lack there of)...

Either way, a HUGE go out to Anthony for EVERYTHING he does for us! Not enough can be said about the character of this man.
Thanks Adam!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerebel View Post

This man has my business for life man.

Sooo... Yeah, I'll update more as I go about riding with the reflash.

Thanks bro!! I'm glad you're enjoying the flash. I got a TON of time and research into the flash. I spent weeks and weeks testing and flashing leading up to AMA. My happiest moment was when they AMA kid next to us literally put his brand new BUILT motor in his R6 that morning. Broke it in in practice, then couldn't inch passed my bike down the straights on a stock motor!!! If you guys think it's fast on pump gas, you should imagine the race gas tune!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QR6r View Post
The only word that could describe it for me was my bike "rips" now. I love it! Thanks Ant!

Thanks Quintin!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamzeppelin View Post
Sent mine out today to bad my MJS headers are being held by UPS aka they lost it or ****ed up the box royally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Azim View Post
Anyone with an on-track experience/review yet? I'm going to get this done this winter..... just waiting for a reply back from the PM *nudge nudge*
It's like you actually have a slipper clutch now with the reduced engine braking. In 50 degree weather, I was braking harder than ever and the back tire wasn't wagging left and right like usual. Just rolling along with a skip here and there when I lifted it.

On/off throttle transition is amazing now. I make some specific changes to accomplish this. It's a WORLD of difference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan j View Post
What's the deal with engine braking? I'm happy where its at possibly even a lil more. I don't see how having lower or none would help. Enlighten me
It reduces rear tire locking. And you will always have engine braking, but computer assisted engine braking is ridiculous!! If you down shift from 12k+, there's plenty of compression, etc and the bike will always slow down. Just not as bad.

You'll think you have an aftermarket slipper clutch after it's reduced that's where it's most noticeable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by My94GT View Post
i have mine flashed from chief and was able to use it for a little on the track before i low sided

in my humble opinion this is one of the best things ive done to the bike yet. the throttle is much more smooth through the entire rpm range, and the reduced engine braking really makes a difference when going into the turns. i noticed a big struggle ive had before with mid corner throttle being too "touchy" has now been resolved. the bike pulls like a damn freight train (i run the 100 oct. race gas tune) the front wheel just wants to come up in 2nd and 3rd with just my -1 front sprocket.
I love how it's just a wheelie monster now bro. SO SICK!!!!

My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:06 PM   #54
bluerebel
Sometimes..........

Bike: 2012 R6
Well, I've noticed that when I really get on the gas now.... My bike sounds different.

Sounds awesome!!!!!

I guess it's from the intake track as the throttle bodies are now fully open. Sounds badass!!! Lol.

bluerebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:21 PM   #55
R-Silaxin
Track=Cocaine

Bike: 06 R-6 Deathraven
I'll be testing this MONSTER out this weekend! Sounds totally different, louder, stronger... And that was just on stands setting the rpm range of my gear indicator... This thing is going to RIP! Good thing I got it done, because I'll be racing Sunday!

:yea
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL https://www.youtube.com/user/adam2cox
MY FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...79&ref=tn_tnmn

MY XBL GAMERTAG: AmericanGingers
R-Silaxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:04 PM   #56
Gundamzeppelin
Tons of juice. Crazyjuice

Bike: 13M1 Rep 05Aprila scooter

Looking forward to testing mine out on a cold day next week
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson
One does not sell the earth upon which the people walk.
Crazy Horse
ROTM Dec 2011/Sep 2013

^petrol_spice^ RIP Mulciber, BallistiK,GhostR6
'Any crash you can walk away from is a good one."
launchpad McQuack
Gundamzeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #57
A.Carey_6
I eat my R6

Bike: 07 R6 Blue

someone be the ginny pig for an 07!
CVMA #691
A.Carey_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:27 PM   #58
RSICKS ATL
Get you some!

Bike: 08 R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post

It reduces rear tire locking.
Will you elaborate on this please? FYI - ill be calling you on Saturday now that I know you're caught up and in the clear. Be expecting a call from Kyle - "Cal" from a 770 area code :

Sent from my iPad 3
2008 R6 Raven - Mods - Bauce Racing ECU Flash : Gutted header : MJS Mid-pipe : Carbon Scorpion Powercone slip-on : -1 Front Sprocket : AGG Smog Block Offs : BMC Street Filter : TechSpec Snakeskin tank grips : MotoDynamic Smoked Integrated tail light : Smoked LED flush mounts : LP Racing No-Cut Frame Sliders : Swingarm Spools : Renthal Road Race Dual Compounds : Graves Billet Bar-ends : 07 Black wheels : Powder-coated rearsets : Smoked windscreen : 3000k Hi/8000k Low HIDs : Fender Eliminator with LED tag bolts : AGG Rear Reservoir Delete : AGG Angled Valve Stems : Battlax S20s

RSICKS ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:28 PM   #59
QR6
PHX-602

Bike: 2007 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSICKS ATL View Post
Will you elaborate on this please?
When you let off the throttle your bike will slow down rather fast with engine braking. Now slow down really fast while braking and downshifting and your rear tire locks up and starts to slide. I've done this a couple time to avoid running a red light. Now with the flash your bike won't engine brake so hard and will coast longer, giving you more control with your brakes. I'm a fairly new rider so forgive me if I've totally got this wrong, but that's what it seems like for me. Plus I only have like 30 miles on my bike since I got my ECU flashed.
ASMA #26 early retirement
My build thread:
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162286
http://instagram.com/gfk602

QR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:42 PM   #60
QR6
PHX-602

Bike: 2007 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Carey_6 View Post