» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > Off Topic Talk

Old 10-31-2012, 03:59 PM   #11
jmejiaa
Lifetime Premium

Bike: 2007 R6
Re: Hurricane sandy aftermath day 2

We're OK around me, I don't live near the coast. Wind got a lot of trees down, part of my new fence and a shit load a shingles from the neighbors. Last year Irene brought heavy floods for us but luckily not much rain with Sandy.

It could have been much worse, and it's so sad to see how the places closer to water ended up.

Work Building has been powerless all day, many friends without power too.

Old 10-31-2012, 04:28 PM   #12
Jon2xmanuel
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacmanR6 View Post
It's quite a mess, I was forced to stay and work for 36 hours at staten island university hospital. Staten island is a wreck, boats on people's lawns. Cars washed into houses... Luckily when I finally arrived home in queens all is well in my neighborhood and my 3 r6's were safe and sound. My heart goes out to all of those that lost something or someone in this storm
Good to hear your safe! Are u filipino btw? Or just a pacman fan?
Jon2xmanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:29 PM   #13
Jon2xmanuel
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmejiaa View Post
We're OK around me, I don't live near the coast. Wind got a lot of trees down, part of my new fence and a shit load a shingles from the neighbors. Last year Irene brought heavy floods for us but luckily not much rain with Sandy.

It could have been much worse, and it's so sad to see how the places closer to water ended up.

Work Building has been powerless all day, many friends without power too.
Good to hear u guys are ok, just got my power back this afternoon. Stay safe bro
Old 10-31-2012, 04:30 PM   #14
BillyMagnum
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

still no power in parts of western md, up in the mountains theres 15k without
BillyMagnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:49 PM   #15
sergioandres
Love my bike

Bike: 08 R6 & 07 R6
I am overseas and will be back on sunday. Who knows what I am going see when I get to my house

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
sergioandres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:46 AM   #16
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Silaxin View Post
Still trying to get in touch with a buddy that was out in Seagirt NJ right on the coast... No luck...

Been talking to Ant too... He's more inland and there are thousands without power... He can't even ship orders out because no Post Offices are open. Which is the least of anyone's worries... Just hoping everyone is alright, and order is restored promptly...

I know LBI is open today from like 7 AM to 3 PM for residents to go assess their situations. I hope you have heard from your boy.

I FINALLY got power back yesterday. House was 42 degrees inside. Been sleeping around like a tattered old whore wherever I can find heat and shelter for me, my GF and dog.

Harbor Freight 800 watt 2 stroke generator held me DOWN tho!! Lost no food in my fridge and only burned through about 8-10 gallons of fuel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon2xmanuel View Post
This is in hackettstown , which is hundred of miles away from the shore.
I thought the pics looked REAL familiar. You guys didn't get it quite as bad as we did in Lake Mohawk and Sparta. It's nice to hear you had power back pretty quickly though. I am truly envious of that!

Now we get to deal with fuel rationing! last # in your license plate determines if you get gas on odd days or even days. If you have vanity plates, you are considered odd.

My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:28 AM   #17
Jon2xmanuel
I eat my R6

Lines are not that bad now, about 15 30 minute wait, thank god!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 11-05-2012, 09:54 AM   #18
HighVoltageR6
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: 2012 R6
I work for the power company down in the jersey shore and it is shear destruction down here. I have been to LBI twice since the hurricane hit down here, it let me tell you what, most of the south side of the island is just about gone. The gas company cut the gas to the island causing all gas lines to fill up with water and sand. I still have trees all over my yard that I haven't been able to get to because of work.

sent from my C771 using Motorcycle.com Free App
HighVoltageR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:17 AM   #19
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon2xmanuel View Post
Lines are not that bad now, about 15 30 minute wait, thank god!

It's starting to let up here too, but the cops are still directing traffic in and out of the stations. In Harrison, my buddy said the cops were armed with assault rifles at the gas stations all week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighVoltageR6 View Post
I work for the power company down in the jersey shore and it is shear destruction down here. I have been to LBI twice since the hurricane hit down here, it let me tell you what, most of the south side of the island is just about gone. The gas company cut the gas to the island causing all gas lines to fill up with water and sand. I still have trees all over my yard that I haven't been able to get to because of work.

I'm sorry to hear that bro. I know a few people getting into LBI today for the one day they can get there. Luckily they lifted the house 4.5 feet this year and it stayed dry. Only 1.5 feet of water made it into the ground level garage and they are a block from the beach.

What's heart breaking is how they spent 40 million bucks just building all those big dunes in LBI and they have been mostly washed away.

My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:24 PM   #20
Jon2xmanuel
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighVoltageR6 View Post

Hats off to you guys!!! !

Sponsored Links
Advertisement