My NotSoSuper6 Build - Page 2 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Bike Build Forum

Old 11-05-2012, 01:49 PM   #11
babymilo36
Occupy Central

Bike: 2014 Grom
Re: My NotSoSuper6 Build

LOL I thought you photoshopped the windscreen on and I realized it was just the umbrella in the back

CMRA #620
Wreck It Pandas #68

My 2008 R6 race build

babymilo36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 01:50 PM   #12
milko
Sherwin Antagonist

Bike: 2009 r6

Quote:
Originally Posted by My94GT View Post
damn that bike is spotless
Gracias!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Silaxin View Post
Nice! It'll be fun removing those headlights and all for when you hit the track! At least, that's what I'd recommend so they weren't to get damage if you did take a spill...

Not at all wishing that on you, or anyone for that matter. Just saying it'd prob be in your best interest if you're taking it to the track... With projectors and all, your headlights are now quite expensive to replace...

You plan on picking up track fairings and all that? Or stayin street and just tryin out the track?

Best of luck man! Gorgeous bike!

As Ant said, that is one of my fav R6's out... I'm not even into Gold, but that Black and Gold combo is so sick!

I do plan on track plastics in the future..I have an idea brewing that i may talk to chief about. Hopefully it will raise some cash for L.A. Childrens hospital if I can pull it off. (sort of what another member did on here with kids painting his bike but a bit different) I'll def be taking it slow this first time around the track though Try to soak up and learn as much as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymilo36 View Post
I like Sherman time

That bike is too pretty
I knew you would...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridick_bowen View Post
That bike is so purdy................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac7504 View Post
Saw the cooter, was no impressed...There were things that fell to the ground; deeply saddened me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
Its gonna be awesome to be back on the track tho. Being there all weekend and not riding was like getting a lapdance in sweatpants bro! :
MyNotSoSuper Build
milko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:52 PM   #13
milko
Sherwin Antagonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymilo36 View Post
LOL I thought you photoshopped the windscreen on and I realized it was just the umbrella in the back

....photoshop? i dunno how to use this photoshop you speak of

Quote:
Saw the cooter, was no impressed...There were things that fell to the ground; deeply saddened me...
Quote:
Its gonna be awesome to be back on the track tho. Being there all weekend and not riding was like getting a lapdance in sweatpants bro! :
MyNotSoSuper Build
Old 11-05-2012, 01:58 PM   #14
R-Silaxin
Track=Cocaine

Bike: 06 R-6 Deathraven

Quote:
Originally Posted by milko View Post
Gracias!

I do plan on track plastics in the future..I have an idea brewing that i may talk to chief about. Hopefully it will raise some cash for L.A. Childrens hospital if I can pull it off. (sort of what another member did on here with kids painting his bike but a bit different) I'll def be taking it slow this first time around the track though Try to soak up and learn as much as possible.

I knew you would...

You can always pick a set up and run them bare for your first, or first few trackdays... I'd just hate to see that pristine back downed at the track... Then paint them whenever... Course idk your time scale and all, or when you're doing your trackday... I'll be at the track this weekend, may officially be in my first race ever... We'll see how things play out. I've got to get the bike wrapped up like today. It's still in pieces all over the garage...

Waiting on a few items to come in... But I've got to have it together for this weekend! So the pressure is on... Just gotta double check and make sure I don't forgot to tighten any bolts and such... Anywho, great start to your thread!

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL https://www.youtube.com/user/adam2cox
MY FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...79&ref=tn_tnmn

MY XBL GAMERTAG: AmericanGingers
R-Silaxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:04 PM   #15
milko
Sherwin Antagonist

Quote:
You can always pick a set up and run them bare for your first, or first few trackdays... I'd just hate to see that pristine back downed at the track... Then paint them whenever... Course idk your time scale and all, or when you're doing your trackday... I'll be at the track this weekend, may officially be in my first race ever... We'll see how things play out. I've got to get the bike wrapped up like today. It's still in pieces all over the garage...

Waiting on a few items to come in... But I've got to have it together for this weekend! So the pressure is on... Just gotta double check and make sure I don't forgot to tighten any bolts and such... Anywho, great start to your thread!

umm....track day is.....This saturday Bike is prepped and ready to go..Just need my ECU back from chief...Stupid Sandy

1st race? lucky, i wish i was that good....welll I am THAT good when i sit in the driveway and practice my body position. Its almost as if I'm taking Turn 3 at phillip island just like KC

Best of luck to ya on ur race! no more crashing!

Quote:
Quote:
MyNotSoSuper Build
Old 11-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #16
babymilo36
Occupy Central

Bike: 2014 Grom

Quote:
....photoshop? i dunno how to use this photoshop you speak of

CMRA #620
Wreck It Pandas #68

My 2008 R6 race build

babymilo36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:06 PM   #17
wutsup
Yeah Science!

Bike: gixxer chrome edition

Clean!
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
Then you need worse brakes, not better ones. I suggest adding some air to your lines and spraying your pads with wd-40 before you go out. You'll find all kinds of corner speed.
wutsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:19 PM   #18
R-Silaxin
Track=Cocaine

Bike: 06 R-6 Deathraven

Quote:
umm....track day is.....This saturday Bike is prepped and ready to go..Just need my ECU back from chief...Stupid Sandy

1st race? lucky, i wish i was that good....welll I am THAT good when i sit in the driveway and practice my body position. Its almost as if I'm taking Turn 3 at phillip island just like KC

Best of luck to ya on ur race! no more crashing!
I'm waiting on my ECU from the same fella...

This race I speak of may or may not happen... If I get my race license Saturday, I'll race Sunday... Now I don't imagine I'll win, or even come close, but it'd still be fun for sure! Sounds like you've got everything together! Good luck out there man! Just go out and be a sponge, if you can, get in with a few of the CR/coaches and get them to teach you a few things, like best lines for the track, then have them follow you and give you some feedback. Then you can work on those things the rest of the day. If you've got GoPro's, run them, every session out! That way you can also see what YOu are doing right, and what YOU can work on. Most of what can be improved on when it comes to track riding, is the rider... These bikes perform flawlessly, tires and suspension play a roll, but starting out especially, the rider is what can be best improved on... I find myself throwing money at the bike, when really, I should just be on the track as often as possible, sharpening MY skills... The bike does it's job, I fall well short of what a rider SHOULD be doing out there...

If I had to do it all over again, I'd be running bare fairings... Still, and only have some armor on the bike, clipons, and rearsets... and run it that way for awhile. Yeah it's fun to mod, and I've got a bit of money to burn, but moving forward, I plan to just focus on myself, and getting better, rather then dumping money into an already, more then capable bike...

Pics and vids after this weekend! Have a blast out there man!
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL https://www.youtube.com/user/adam2cox
MY FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...79&ref=tn_tnmn

MY XBL GAMERTAG: AmericanGingers
R-Silaxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:35 PM   #19
milko
Sherwin Antagonist

Quote:
I'm waiting on my ECU from the same fella...

This race I speak of may or may not happen... If I get my race license Saturday, I'll race Sunday... Now I don't imagine I'll win, or even come close, but it'd still be fun for sure! Sounds like you've got everything together! Good luck out there man! Just go out and be a sponge, if you can, get in with a few of the CR/coaches and get them to teach you a few things, like best lines for the track, then have them follow you and give you some feedback. Then you can work on those things the rest of the day. If you've got GoPro's, run them, every session out! That way you can also see what YOu are doing right, and what YOU can work on. Most of what can be improved on when it comes to track riding, is the rider... These bikes perform flawlessly, tires and suspension play a roll, but starting out especially, the rider is what can be best improved on... I find myself throwing money at the bike, when really, I should just be on the track as often as possible, sharpening MY skills... The bike does it's job, I fall well short of what a rider SHOULD be doing out there...

If I had to do it all over again, I'd be running bare fairings... Still, and only have some armor on the bike, clipons, and rearsets... and run it that way for awhile. Yeah it's fun to mod, and I've got a bit of money to burn, but moving forward, I plan to just focus on myself, and getting better, rather then dumping money into an already, more then capable bike...

Pics and vids after this weekend! Have a blast out there man!
You got a point...going back...All the money I spent i should've just bought my track gear and gone bone stock. My excuse was I need full gear if I'm going to start riding aggressive....So i kept myself to basic commuting...while dumping $ on the bike instead of saving. Now That i have full gear.............I'm still dumping $ on the bike. Chief doesn't make it easy either...i just want to throw money at the dude

I've been reading twist of the wrist 1 & 2 . Hopefully some of that stuff stuck. I think this first time out, my focus will be lines, body position, and throttle control. CANT WAIT!!

Quote:
Quote:
MyNotSoSuper Build
Old 11-05-2012, 02:36 PM   #20
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

Wil, hopefully your ECU is here today!!

My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement