My NotSoSuper6 Build - Page 2 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Bike Build Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 01:49 PM   #11
babymilo36
Occupy Central

 
babymilo36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 34,221
Bike: 2014 Grom
Re: My NotSoSuper6 Build

LOL I thought you photoshopped the windscreen on and I realized it was just the umbrella in the back

__________________


CMRA #620
Wreck It Pandas #68

My 2008 R6 race build

babymilo36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-05-2012, 01:50 PM   #12
milko
Sherwin Antagonist
 
milko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,474
Bike: 2009 r6
Re: My NotSoSuper6 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by My94GT View Post
damn that bike is spotless
Gracias!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Silaxin View Post
Nice! It'll be fun removing those headlights and all for when you hit the track! At least, that's what I'd recommend so they weren't to get damage if you did take a spill...

Not at all wishing that on you, or anyone for that matter. Just saying it'd prob be in your best interest if you're taking it to the track... With projectors and all, your headlights are now quite expensive to replace...

You plan on picking up track fairings and all that? Or stayin street and just tryin out the track?

Best of luck man! Gorgeous bike!

As Ant said, that is one of my fav R6's out... I'm not even into Gold, but that Black and Gold combo is so sick!

I do plan on track plastics in the future..I have an idea brewing that i may talk to chief about. Hopefully it will raise some cash for L.A. Childrens hospital if I can pull it off. (sort of what another member did on here with kids painting his bike but a bit different) I'll def be taking it slow this first time around the track though Try to soak up and learn as much as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymilo36 View Post
I like Sherman time

That bike is too pretty
I knew you would...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridick_bowen View Post
That bike is so purdy................
__________________
"that's the smell of dedication.....and maybe a little athlete's foot" - Cal Crutchlow


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac7504 View Post
Saw the cooter, was no impressed...There were things that fell to the ground; deeply saddened me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
Its gonna be awesome to be back on the track tho. Being there all weekend and not riding was like getting a lapdance in sweatpants bro! :
MyNotSoSuper Build
milko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:52 PM   #13
milko
Sherwin Antagonist
 
milko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,474
Bike: 2009 r6
Re: My NotSoSuper6 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymilo36 View Post
LOL I thought you photoshopped the windscreen on and I realized it was just the umbrella in the back






....photoshop? i dunno how to use this photoshop you speak of
__________________
"that's the smell of dedication.....and maybe a little athlete's foot" - Cal Crutchlow


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac7504 View Post
Saw the cooter, was no impressed...There were things that fell to the ground; deeply saddened me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
Its gonna be awesome to be back on the track tho. Being there all weekend and not riding was like getting a lapdance in sweatpants bro! :
MyNotSoSuper Build
milko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:58 PM   #14
R-Silaxin
Track=Cocaine
 
R-Silaxin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 13,523
Bike: 06 R-6 Deathraven
Re: My NotSoSuper6 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by milko View Post
Gracias!



I do plan on track plastics in the future..I have an idea brewing that i may talk to chief about. Hopefully it will raise some cash for L.A. Childrens hospital if I can pull it off. (sort of what another member did on here with kids painting his bike but a bit different) I'll def be taking it slow this first time around the track though Try to soak up and learn as much as possible.



I knew you would...



You can always pick a set up and run them bare for your first, or first few trackdays... I'd just hate to see that pristine back downed at the track... Then paint them whenever... Course idk your time scale and all, or when you're doing your trackday... I'll be at the track this weekend, may officially be in my first race ever... We'll see how things play out. I've got to get the bike wrapped up like today. It's still in pieces all over the garage...

Waiting on a few items to come in... But I've got to have it together for this weekend! So the pressure is on... Just gotta double check and make sure I don't forgot to tighten any bolts and such... Anywho, great start to your thread!

__________________
RIP Richard Bishop. You're a great friend and someone I will never forget.
MY TRACK BUILD THREAD http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showt...05#post2428805
MY TRACK DAY THREADhttp://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showt...655&highlight=
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL https://www.youtube.com/user/adam2cox
MY FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...79&ref=tn_tnmn


MY XBL GAMERTAG: AmericanGingers
R-Silaxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:04 PM   #15
milko
Sherwin Antagonist
 
milko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,474
Bike: 2009 r6
Re: My NotSoSuper6 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Silaxin View Post
You can always pick a set up and run them bare for your first, or first few trackdays... I'd just hate to see that pristine back downed at the track... Then paint them whenever... Course idk your time scale and all, or when you're doing your trackday... I'll be at the track this weekend, may officially be in my first race ever... We'll see how things play out. I've got to get the bike wrapped up like today. It's still in pieces all over the garage...

Waiting on a few items to come in... But I've got to have it together for this weekend! So the pressure is on... Just gotta double check and make sure I don't forgot to tighten any bolts and such... Anywho, great start to your thread!

umm....track day is.....This saturday Bike is prepped and ready to go..Just need my ECU back from chief...Stupid Sandy

1st race? lucky, i wish i was that good....welll I am THAT good when i sit in the driveway and practice my body position. Its almost as if I'm taking Turn 3 at phillip island just like KC

Best of luck to ya on ur race! no more crashing!
__________________
"that's the smell of dedication.....and maybe a little athlete's foot" - Cal Crutchlow


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac7504 View Post
Saw the cooter, was no impressed...There were things that fell to the ground; deeply saddened me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
Its gonna be awesome to be back on the track tho. Being there all weekend and not riding was like getting a lapdance in sweatpants bro! :
MyNotSoSuper Build
milko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #16
babymilo36
Occupy Central

 
babymilo36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 34,221
Bike: 2014 Grom
Re: My NotSoSuper6 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by milko View Post
....photoshop? i dunno how to use this photoshop you speak of
__________________


CMRA #620
Wreck It Pandas #68

My 2008 R6 race build

babymilo36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:06 PM   #17
wutsup
Yeah Science!
 
wutsup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,297
Bike: gixxer chrome edition
Re: My NotSoSuper6 Build

Clean!
__________________
Chris
08 R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
Then you need worse brakes, not better ones. I suggest adding some air to your lines and spraying your pads with wd-40 before you go out. You'll find all kinds of corner speed.
wutsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:19 PM   #18
R-Silaxin
Track=Cocaine
 
R-Silaxin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 13,523
Bike: 06 R-6 Deathraven
Re: My NotSoSuper6 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by milko View Post
umm....track day is.....This saturday Bike is prepped and ready to go..Just need my ECU back from chief...Stupid Sandy

1st race? lucky, i wish i was that good....welll I am THAT good when i sit in the driveway and practice my body position. Its almost as if I'm taking Turn 3 at phillip island just like KC

Best of luck to ya on ur race! no more crashing!
I'm waiting on my ECU from the same fella...

This race I speak of may or may not happen... If I get my race license Saturday, I'll race Sunday... Now I don't imagine I'll win, or even come close, but it'd still be fun for sure! Sounds like you've got everything together! Good luck out there man! Just go out and be a sponge, if you can, get in with a few of the CR/coaches and get them to teach you a few things, like best lines for the track, then have them follow you and give you some feedback. Then you can work on those things the rest of the day. If you've got GoPro's, run them, every session out! That way you can also see what YOu are doing right, and what YOU can work on. Most of what can be improved on when it comes to track riding, is the rider... These bikes perform flawlessly, tires and suspension play a roll, but starting out especially, the rider is what can be best improved on... I find myself throwing money at the bike, when really, I should just be on the track as often as possible, sharpening MY skills... The bike does it's job, I fall well short of what a rider SHOULD be doing out there...

If I had to do it all over again, I'd be running bare fairings... Still, and only have some armor on the bike, clipons, and rearsets... and run it that way for awhile. Yeah it's fun to mod, and I've got a bit of money to burn, but moving forward, I plan to just focus on myself, and getting better, rather then dumping money into an already, more then capable bike...



Pics and vids after this weekend! Have a blast out there man!
__________________
RIP Richard Bishop. You're a great friend and someone I will never forget.
MY TRACK BUILD THREAD http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showt...05#post2428805
MY TRACK DAY THREADhttp://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showt...655&highlight=
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL https://www.youtube.com/user/adam2cox
MY FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...79&ref=tn_tnmn


MY XBL GAMERTAG: AmericanGingers
R-Silaxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:35 PM   #19
milko
Sherwin Antagonist
 
milko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,474
Bike: 2009 r6
Re: My NotSoSuper6 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Silaxin View Post
I'm waiting on my ECU from the same fella...

This race I speak of may or may not happen... If I get my race license Saturday, I'll race Sunday... Now I don't imagine I'll win, or even come close, but it'd still be fun for sure! Sounds like you've got everything together! Good luck out there man! Just go out and be a sponge, if you can, get in with a few of the CR/coaches and get them to teach you a few things, like best lines for the track, then have them follow you and give you some feedback. Then you can work on those things the rest of the day. If you've got GoPro's, run them, every session out! That way you can also see what YOu are doing right, and what YOU can work on. Most of what can be improved on when it comes to track riding, is the rider... These bikes perform flawlessly, tires and suspension play a roll, but starting out especially, the rider is what can be best improved on... I find myself throwing money at the bike, when really, I should just be on the track as often as possible, sharpening MY skills... The bike does it's job, I fall well short of what a rider SHOULD be doing out there...

If I had to do it all over again, I'd be running bare fairings... Still, and only have some armor on the bike, clipons, and rearsets... and run it that way for awhile. Yeah it's fun to mod, and I've got a bit of money to burn, but moving forward, I plan to just focus on myself, and getting better, rather then dumping money into an already, more then capable bike...



Pics and vids after this weekend! Have a blast out there man!
You got a point...going back...All the money I spent i should've just bought my track gear and gone bone stock. My excuse was I need full gear if I'm going to start riding aggressive....So i kept myself to basic commuting...while dumping $ on the bike instead of saving. Now That i have full gear.............I'm still dumping $ on the bike. Chief doesn't make it easy either...i just want to throw money at the dude

I've been reading twist of the wrist 1 & 2 . Hopefully some of that stuff stuck. I think this first time out, my focus will be lines, body position, and throttle control. CANT WAIT!!
__________________
"that's the smell of dedication.....and maybe a little athlete's foot" - Cal Crutchlow


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac7504 View Post
Saw the cooter, was no impressed...There were things that fell to the ground; deeply saddened me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
Its gonna be awesome to be back on the track tho. Being there all weekend and not riding was like getting a lapdance in sweatpants bro! :
MyNotSoSuper Build
milko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:36 PM   #20
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp
 
ChiefSmokeDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: JerZ
Posts: 25,965
Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6
Re: My NotSoSuper6 Build

Wil, hopefully your ECU is here today!!
__________________
CONTACT/EMAIL ME HERE



My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OnTheMove's Build/Re-Build Thread: Stay Tuned! OnTheMove Bike Build Forum 26 07-03-2014 05:07 PM
08 LE build gosloturbo Bike Build Forum 9 10-25-2011 02:41 PM
04 R6 Build leblanc3 Appearance and Exterior Mods 4 04-20-2011 10:18 PM
New 06 Build eric cartman R6-Forum Ride of the Month 19 12-28-2009 02:29 PM
02 r6 build up strokerace Appearance and Exterior Mods 14 03-30-2009 11:09 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:16 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Forum Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum Ninja H2 Forum Ducati Scrambler Forum Kawasaki Ninja 250SL Forum
R6-Forum.com is an independent Yamaha enthusiast website. Content on R6-Forum.com is generated by its users and R6-Forum.com is not in any way affiliated with Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A.