Another Wheelie Thread.. - Page 5 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > Racing and Stunt Discussion > Stunters Corner

Old 11-05-2012, 02:28 PM   #41
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6
Re: Another Wheelie Thread..

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6_350z View Post
I know what youre talking about its your tire pressure bro lower it and this will go away...good to practice that way you get used to it but its a lot harder to keep the bish stable lol
Fcuk it then bro. I'm gonna leave it as is. My one friend who I REALLY ride with is so nasty at wheelies. It fcuking BLOWS when he smokes past me at 120 with the wheel next to my head on his S1000. Those fcukers power wheelie for DAYS man. From a hard launch, I may pull away, but sure as shit, every damn time the R6 hits 120, he goes by on one wheel.. VERY stable tho.

So basically I suck still at wheelies and need to try harder or make a change that would be inappropriate for my riding. I'm not too surprised.

I really think the problem is I jerk the bars a bit when I rip the throttle. This moves the bars enough to start the wiggle and as it comes up it continues until I put it down and everyone else is shitting pants but on the bike it doesn't feel too bad at all. LOL

I guess I gotta stop being a squid and keep my wheelies on the track which is rare for me unless i'm coming off the apron in 2nd or tipping up real fast.

My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 03:26 PM   #42
R6_350z
Living The Dream

Bike: 2009 Yamaha R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
Fcuk it then bro. I'm gonna leave it as is. My one friend who I REALLY ride with is so nasty at wheelies. It fcuking BLOWS when he smokes past me at 120 with the wheel next to my head on his S1000. Those fcukers power wheelie for DAYS man. From a hard launch, I may pull away, but sure as shit, every damn time the R6 hits 120, he goes by on one wheel.. VERY stable tho.

So basically I suck still at wheelies and need to try harder or make a change that would be inappropriate for my riding. I'm not too surprised.

I really think the problem is I jerk the bars a bit when I rip the throttle. This moves the bars enough to start the wiggle and as it comes up it continues until I put it down and everyone else is shitting pants but on the bike it doesn't feel too bad at all. LOL

I guess I gotta stop being a squid and keep my wheelies on the track which is rare for me unless i'm coming off the apron in 2nd or tipping up real fast.
when im in the mood to do wheelies or practice them i lower my pressure and once im done i put air in my tire again to enjoy normal commuting lol its fun to know how to do them but i hate riding around with low tire pressure...but i try better yet i refuse to do fast wheelies or anything past 40mph f that shit to much can wrong past that haha

but yeah its squidly but still bad ass to see 1 wheel right next to you...still my proudest moment when this hot chick had "its my 21st birthday" written on her windshield we both got stuck at a light, me and my friend both said happy birthday and we both popped up at the same time when the light turned green and to my surprise i held it for a good block right next to her haha

MODS
- Shogun FS- Zero Gravity DB - Custom FE - Hot Bodies Flush Mounts - MotoDynamic Integrated Tail Light - Supersprox -1+2 - Taylormade Full Exhaust - PCV - OURY Grips - Corbin Seat - Ebay Shorty Levers

-Future Mods-
-Translogic MicroDash-Projectors-ASV Levers-GYTR Solo Seat- Bright Gold Carrozzeria Rims........

2011 ice silver metallic Audi A4
2004 350z(sold )

sig thanks to GIJoe007
R6_350z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:51 PM   #43
OCR6714
1 wheel R6

Bike: 05 R6, 07 R6
Quote:
when im in the mood to do wheelies or practice them i lower my pressure and once im done i put air in my tire again to enjoy normal commuting lol its fun to know how to do them but i hate riding around with low tire pressure...but i try better yet i refuse to do fast wheelies or anything past 40mph f that shit to much can wrong past that haha

but yeah its squidly but still bad ass to see 1 wheel right next to you...still my proudest moment when this hot chick had "its my 21st birthday" written on her windshield we both got stuck at a light, me and my friend both said happy birthday and we both popped up at the same time when the light turned green and to my surprise i held it for a good block right next to her haha
Cool story bro! Lol chicks dig wheelies and scars!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 11-06-2012, 03:11 AM   #44
Rriggs92
Yamaha R6

Bike: 07 r6
Quote:
Originally Posted by McG241 View Post
Yea he is good.. really? How did you find that out? I figured it was only a matter of time until someone merged in front of him while he was on one wheel..
Saw the video. Doing slow wheelies he had it at like 12 and the back brake got spongy I guess. Tail scraped then slid across the pavement

I believe it's not the first time he's wrecked either
Rriggs92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:31 AM   #45
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

Quote:

MAN SHIT!!! I had a pretty epic sit down all power wheelie in second in a street race against my friend on his old GSXR 1100. He was mighty pissed to NOT pass the R6 on one wheel when he will usually get me off the line. The quickshifter right before redline with the wheel in the air makes things pretty easy to ride out!! It was definitley one of my best ones and I was pretty damn pumped. Put it right down on the white line, and stayed tucked FTW. It was a glorious ride that day!!

My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:44 AM   #46
McG241
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: 07' R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post

The same thing happened to me man when I bounce them in second, more so when I subconsciencely ended up yanking on the bars. Try to just concentrate on thinking about giving a good hard push down on the pegs with your legs only and giving it a ton of gas AS YOU BOUNCE DOWN.. I try to put as little pulling pressure on the bars as possible when trying to bring it up. I did notice that when I bounce it really hard and gas it a lot it comes up REALLY quick, sometimes catches me off guard. Give it a try, works for me atleast..

Last edited by McG241; 11-06-2012 at 09:46 AM.
McG241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:32 AM   #47
R6_350z
Living The Dream

Quote:
The same thing happened to me man when I bounce them in second, more so when I subconsciencely ended up yanking on the bars. Try to just concentrate on thinking about giving a good hard push down on the pegs with your legs only and giving it a ton of gas AS YOU BOUNCE DOWN.. I try to put as little pulling pressure on the bars as possible when trying to bring it up. I did notice that when I bounce it really hard and gas it a lot it comes up REALLY quick, sometimes catches me off guard. Give it a try, works for me atleast..
depends on what sprocket youre running too, stock i noticed in 2nd gear you need to be around 50mph and 8k rpms...clutch work is your best friend here should be a very quick squeeze and throttle and pulling up some...this is the only thing i dont like about yamahas being top end and all they pop up super quick...also keep your legs locked out kinda helps keep the balance...just a process getting used to

MODS
- Shogun FS- Zero Gravity DB - Custom FE - Hot Bodies Flush Mounts - MotoDynamic Integrated Tail Light - Supersprox -1+2 - Taylormade Full Exhaust - PCV - OURY Grips - Corbin Seat - Ebay Shorty Levers

-Future Mods-
-Translogic MicroDash-Projectors-ASV Levers-GYTR Solo Seat- Bright Gold Carrozzeria Rims........

2004 350z(sold )

sig thanks to GIJoe007
Old 11-06-2012, 10:38 AM   #48
McG241

Quote:
depends on what sprocket youre running too, stock i noticed in 2nd gear you need to be around 50mph and 8k rpms...clutch work is your best friend here should be a very quick squeeze and throttle and pulling up some...this is the only thing i dont like about yamahas being top end and all they pop up super quick...also keep your legs locked out kinda helps keep the balance...just a process getting used to
I have stock gearing. I've never really tried pulling on the bars and clutching at the same time, does it come up smooth for you that way? How hard do you pull?
Old 11-06-2012, 12:00 PM   #49
R6_350z
Living The Dream

Quote:
I have stock gearing. I've never really tried pulling on the bars and clutching at the same time, does it come up smooth for you that way? How hard do you pull?
it comes up fairly quick more so then what i would want it to but nothing violent like first gear....and usually if i get the clutch perfect i dont really have to pull up that much and it goes to 11 o clock nice and smooth...at these speeds you need your pressure lowered for sure cus that shit is unstable with normal psi...trust me lol

MODS

-Future Mods-

2004 350z(sold )

sig thanks to GIJoe007
Old 11-06-2012, 06:47 PM   #50
McG241

Quote:
it comes up fairly quick more so then what i would want it to but nothing violent like first gear....and usually if i get the clutch perfect i dont really have to pull up that much and it goes to 11 o clock nice and smooth...at these speeds you need your pressure lowered for sure cus that shit is unstable with normal psi...trust me lol

Hmm maybe I'll give that a try this weekend, the weather's supposed to be decent. When you say your locking your legs, are you standing staggered or both feet on the front pegs?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement