» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > Off Topic Talk

Old 11-06-2012, 05:42 PM   #81
redisdeadrideblue
Official Noob Greeter

Bike: some stupid ones
Re: 2012 Election: Romney VS Obama Thread

Whoever discounted the necessity for our President to demonstrate patriotism and traditions that have help bring together and keep together our country is wrong. If you are the president, you put your hand where its fcuking supposed to be during the anthem. Its not about a song, the president, etc. Its bigger than that. Its the quintessential symbol of solidarity in America. How do we look to the world or even to each other if we have to look at a president who puts himself above traditions of his country, and chooses to not show respect to those that have made him president, protected his freedoms, and provided him the opportunity to become a very rich man. The symbols of America are bigger than any single American, even the president. This single act of doing this creates a devisive controversy among Americans, one that is unnecessary. It fuels the fires of those contesting his birth. Do we really need that?

I have a lot of reasons that I did not, and will not, vote for Barry, but this one is one of the most upsetting. For a man that talks about crossing the aisle and points fingers at the other side, he sure doesnt do a lot to promote unity.

Maybe I see things different. Maybe I dwell too much on what those that came before me, those that built this country, would do and think. Maybe.
redisdeadrideblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #82
pickpocket293
iRun

Bike: Sold off in pieces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redisdeadrideblue View Post
Whoever discounted the necessity for our President to demonstrate patriotism and traditions that have help bring together and keep together our country is wrong. If you are the president, you put your hand where its fcuking supposed to be during the anthem. Its not about a song, the president, etc. Its bigger than that. Its the quintessential symbol of solidarity in America. How do we look to the world or even to each other if we have to look at a president who puts himself above traditions of his country, and chooses to not show respect to those that have made him president, protected his freedoms, and provided him the opportunity to become a very rich man. The symbols of America are bigger than any single American, even the president. This single act of doing this creates a devisive controversy among Americans, one that is unnecessary. It fuels the fires of those contesting his birth. Do we really need that?

I have a lot of reasons that I did not, and will not, vote for Barry, but this one is one of the most upsetting. For a man that talks about crossing the aisle and points fingers at the other side, he sure doesnt do a lot to promote unity.

Maybe I see things different. Maybe I dwell too much on what those that came before me, those that built this country, would do and think. Maybe.
For me, it's more than just the ACT of putting the hand over the heart.. Anyone can do it and go through the motions (even though Big-O doesn't). You've got to really MEAN it. Believe in what it all stands for.

Yet another reason why this election is totally fcked.

Things I am sick of explaining on this forum:
  • What's the difference between an R6 and an R6s? HERE
  • Should I start on a 600 or a 250? HERE
  • How do I ask the forum a question and actually get an answer? HERE
  • Where do I find a map for my Bazzaz? HERE
  • Should I get a 520 kit for MOA POWAH? HERE
  • How does rotating mass work? HERE
pickpocket293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:50 PM   #83
GenPatton
Motorcycle Race VIP Guy

Bike: 2007 R6 Rossi Replica

I think this will be a very close race. Either way, I'm confident that Romney will take the populace vote, though I think Obama will probably end up edging out the win. Regardless, this country as a whole is screwed for as far as the eye can see.

BMC Race Filter | M4 Cat Delete | Termignoni Exhaust | Bazzaz Fuel Tuner | AGG Block-Off Plates
Fren Tubo Type 2 Lines | Integrated Tail | Rossi Replica Fairings |
OES Frame Sliders | AGG 10000K HIDs
CNC Tomok Mirrors | Lightech Quick Release Gas Cap
| GP Shift Setup | Shorty CNC Levers | Zero Gravity Screen
☼ March 2013 Ride of the Month
GenPatton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:03 PM   #84
redisdeadrideblue
Official Noob Greeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickpocket293 View Post
For me, it's more than just the ACT of putting the hand over the heart.. Anyone can do it and go through the motions (even though Big-O doesn't). You've got to really MEAN it. Believe in what it all stands for.

Yet another reason why this election is totally fcked.
I disagree. Even if you dont believe it (why are you interested in being the POTUS if you dont), even that idea is ego-centric enough that its wrong. Its something you do, like taking the oath. It helps reassure people that we are a country together, as one, even if we disagree. Its not like Im asking him to press the button to launch the nukes. I honestly cannot see any negative in him doing it, and a great many in him not. My vote in the first election, at least in my opinion, was a contract with him. I trusted him to take my country where he said he could, and not make things worse for my parents, myself, or my children. As part of that contract, I feel he should act like our leader. There are a great many political battles fought behind closed doors every day, but is there really anything to be gained by fighting that battle every time you hear the anthem?
Old 11-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #85
Jdawson2012
I eat my R6

Bike: 2007 R6 Candy Red

Quote:
I disagree. Even if you dont believe it (why are you interested in being the POTUS if you dont), even that idea is ego-centric enough that its wrong. Its something you do, like taking the oath. It helps reassure people that we are a country together, as one, even if we disagree. Its not like Im asking him to press the button to launch the nukes. I honestly cannot see any negative in him doing it, and a great many in him not. My vote in the first election, at least in my opinion, was a contract with him. I trusted him to take my country where he said he could, and not make things worse for my parents, myself, or my children. As part of that contract, I feel he should act like our leader. There are a great many political battles fought behind closed doors every day, but is there really anything to be gained by fighting that battle every time you hear the anthem?
^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^

One of the biggest things that made me dislike him even more was his whole "you didn't build that" thing
Jdawson2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:16 PM   #86
Fallis
Meh

Bike: 05 R6 Track, 09 R1, Strom

Quote:

That was me. I feel pretty much exactly the opposite. I'm not interested in voting for an image of a President. That's essentially what W was. I'm interested in voting for the actual person, and the decisions they're going to make.

Getting upset about things like where your hand is during the anthem sounds like the American equivalent of not allowing images of your prophet to exist. It's just a silly thing we made up. There's no logic, or reason, or real meaningful impact on anyone's life because of it.
Fallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:19 PM   #87
redisdeadrideblue
Official Noob Greeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallis View Post
That was me. I feel pretty much exactly the opposite. I'm not interested in voting for an image of a President. That's essentially what W was. I'm interested in voting for the actual person, and the decisions they're going to make.

Getting upset about things like where your hand is during the anthem sounds like the American equivalent of not allowing images of your prophet to exist. It's just a silly thing we made up. There's no logic, or reason, or real meaningful impact on anyone's life because of it.
We agree to disagree then. And W was the any image of a president I want to promote. He came off as a complete idiot. And Im not saying Mitt is a better choice, necessarily. And as I mentioned, I have plenty of other reason for not wanting to vote for Obama again.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:41 PM   #88
Fallis
Meh

Bike: 05 R6 Track, 09 R1, Strom

Quote:
We agree to disagree then. And W was the any image of a president I want to promote. He came off as a complete idiot. And Im not saying Mitt is a better choice, necessarily. And as I mentioned, I have plenty of other reason for not wanting to vote for Obama again.
Yeah, I'm not really trying to make an argument for / against any actual candidates as much as discuss the reasoning for voting for someone.

The point with the Dubya reference is that when we put the 'image' stuff before the 'function' stuff - we end up with lackwits like him in office. He was 'Murican to the core. Always had his hand over his heart. The guy everyone wanted to have a beer with (or do a line of coke with?). Out on his ranch, doing manual labor, wearing his cowboy hat. But he wasn't actually any good at the job of being president.

The original question that started it was "How could anyone vote for someone that doesn't put their hand over their heart during the national anthem???"

To that I say - I'd much rather vote for someone who doesn't put their hand over their heart during the anthem, but can balance the budget, or repeal the Patriot Act, or make good progress on our energy policy than someone who puts their hand over their but thinks newspapers are dumb, or just wants to get in office so he can make his megacorporation executive buddies tons of money, at the expensive of our water supply, etc.

Definitely not saying Barry is necessarily that guy - but there's a TON of stuff I rank higher than 'posture during national anthem' when trying to figure out who I want to lead our country.
Fallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:08 PM   #89
redisdeadrideblue
Official Noob Greeter

I agree, which is why I said it was one of many reasons. I didnt vote for W. because he isnt a president so much as he was a puppet for Cheney et al. He was terrible, and an oil whore without question.

And I agree with Obama's energy policies FAR more than those of Mitt. Every time I hear the words "clean" and "coal" together I cringe. And Im not looking to drill AK, or offshore in CA.

Those are distressing, but I find Obamacare downright frightening. Same with his almost doubling of the national debt seemingly overnight. Im watching my State meltdown pretty much non stop going through a financial budget crisis similar to what we ARE facing federally, but compared to what we WILL be facing, its staggering. I'm legitimately scared for my kid and his generation.

I am very much not a fan of his ideas on gun control, either. Its silly, and by his OWN admission, guns are not the problem, its education and lack of parenting. And lets be honest, people that are going to go out and commit a crime dont buy guns legally to do it. And spare me the shit about aurora, etc. The fast and furious scandal was responsible for easily as many deaths and then some, and we GAVE them the guns. When your government supplies a weapon that is used by drug cartels to kill a border agent, then turns around and tells you about gun control, there is a problem. Unless you're not worried about honesty, then I guess there isnt a problem.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:31 PM   #90
Rriggs92
Yamaha R6

Bike: 07 r6
Quote:

Yes! This is what I'm saying!

He can point fingers at others but when it comes to him doing something it's not going to happen, I mean he turned down 5 million to any charity he wanted because he is so secretive

And again this is not why I didn't vote for him
Rriggs92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement