Another Wheelie Thread.. - Page 6 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > Racing and Stunt Discussion > Stunters Corner

Old 11-06-2012, 09:11 PM   #51
ridick_bowen
Stunt Rider

Bike: R6/R1 Hybrid
Re: Another Wheelie Thread..

Quote:
Originally Posted by McG241 View Post
Hmm maybe I'll give that a try this weekend, the weather's supposed to be decent. When you say your locking your legs, are you standing staggered or both feet on the front pegs?
I think he meant to straighten your legs and not keep them bent during the wheelie.

Tip I got from another rider: Bring up the bike and try to align the front fork axle with the horizon. That will keep you just under BP.
Zeus Armor crash cage, sub-cage, stunt stay, subframe brace, R1 rectifier mod. ATC steel subframe & ATC 12 bar. Hohey big rotor HB setup with 6 piston Busa caliper. Stunter-X res clamp hose kit. Dented gas tank with HT moto grip. Kleen air mod. Ohlins rod type damper. Brembo RCS 19 FB. SS brake lines. BMC air filter. JACO adjustable clip ons. Brembo 16x18 HB. 05 R1 front forks. 06 FZ-6 rear rotor. NGK plugs. DCP radiator cage. LP gas cap. Secondary radiator fan switch setup. Hotbodies flush mount turn signals. Intergrated rear turn/taillight signals. Squidfighter tailsaver. Leo Vince CBR 250 exhaust. Custom hole in rear passenger seat. Naarden shark fin.
ridick_bowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #52
OCR6714
1 wheel R6

Bike: 05 R6, 07 R6
If I come out there can I practice on ur bike?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 11-07-2012, 01:23 PM   #53
ridick_bowen
Stunt Rider

Sure. Just be ready to pay me if you break parts.
Zeus Armor crash cage, sub-cage, stunt stay, subframe brace, R1 rectifier mod. ATC steel subframe & ATC 12 bar. Hohey big rotor HB setup with 6 piston Busa caliper. Stunter-X res clamp hose kit. Dented gas tank with HT moto grip. Kleen air mod. Ohlins rod type damper. Brembo RCS 19 FB. SS brake lines. BMC air filter. JACO adjustable clip ons. Brembo 16x18 HB. 05 R1 front forks. 06 FZ-6 rear rotor. NGK plugs. DCP radiator cage. LP gas cap. Secondary radiator fan switch setup. Hotbodies flush mount turn signals. Intergrated rear turn/taillight signals. Squidfighter tailsaver. Leo Vince CBR 250 exhaust. Custom hole in rear passenger seat. Naarden shark fin.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:36 PM   #54
OCR6714
1 wheel R6

Bike: 05 R6, 07 R6
HJ accepted? (remember callouses on hands lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 11-08-2012, 07:06 PM   #55
R6_350z
Living The Dream

Bike: 2009 Yamaha R6

Quote:
Hmm maybe I'll give that a try this weekend, the weather's supposed to be decent. When you say your locking your legs, are you standing staggered or both feet on the front pegs?

from what I've noticed a lot of people crouch down when learning stand ups(i suggest staggered, left foot on the rear peg so you can cover your rear brake with your right...i barely got over this habit not to long ago and it made it easier to hold it and move left to right once your legs are straight(not completely looked out but pretty straight)....i only tried having both feet on the pegs once and i didn't really like it that much totally different feeling

MODS
- Shogun FS- Zero Gravity DB - Custom FE - Hot Bodies Flush Mounts - MotoDynamic Integrated Tail Light - Supersprox -1+2 - Taylormade Full Exhaust - PCV - OURY Grips - Corbin Seat - Ebay Shorty Levers

-Future Mods-
-Translogic MicroDash-Projectors-ASV Levers-GYTR Solo Seat- Bright Gold Carrozzeria Rims........

2011 ice silver metallic Audi A4
2004 350z(sold )

sig thanks to GIJoe007
R6_350z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:30 AM   #56
McG241
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: 07' R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6_350z View Post
from what I've noticed a lot of people crouch down when learning stand ups(i suggest staggered, left foot on the rear peg so you can cover your rear brake with your right...i barely got over this habit not to long ago and it made it easier to hold it and move left to right once your legs are straight(not completely looked out but pretty straight)....i only tried having both feet on the pegs once and i didn't really like it that much totally different feeling
Yea I noticed a lot of people seem to hunch over the tank when they stand staggered. Looks a lot better and more controlled when I see people stand up straight and extend their legs a little more. I'm guessing it might feel like they're leaning back too far and they tend to hug the tank with their legs..

Last edited by McG241; 11-09-2012 at 09:34 AM.
McG241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:59 AM   #57
R6_350z
Living The Dream

Bike: 2009 Yamaha R6

Quote:
Yea I noticed a lot of people seem to hunch over the tank when they stand staggered. Looks a lot better and more controlled when I see people stand up straight and extend their legs a little more. I'm guessing it might feel like they're leaning back too far and they tend to hug the tank with their legs..
from my experience when i started i wasn't paying attention to me standing i was just focusing on not looping the 6 haha....but keep that in mind when you're practicing

MODS
- Shogun FS- Zero Gravity DB - Custom FE - Hot Bodies Flush Mounts - MotoDynamic Integrated Tail Light - Supersprox -1+2 - Taylormade Full Exhaust - PCV - OURY Grips - Corbin Seat - Ebay Shorty Levers

-Future Mods-
-Translogic MicroDash-Projectors-ASV Levers-GYTR Solo Seat- Bright Gold Carrozzeria Rims........

2011 ice silver metallic Audi A4
2004 350z(sold )

sig thanks to GIJoe007
R6_350z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:41 AM   #58
McG241
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: 07' R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6_350z View Post
from my experience when i started i wasn't paying attention to me standing i was just focusing on not looping the 6 haha....but keep that in mind when you're practicing

Haha yea that's all I think about too, thanks for the tips man.. I'll keep them in mind when I try them tomorrow .

I hope I don't get flamed for this, but I've searched tons of threads and it seems like everyone has different opinions... Honestly, from anyone with experience with extensively clutching wheelies (including you 350z) ever noticed extra wear and tear on their bike? I mean, if it's just a little extra clutch plate wear that's definitely no biggie to me but it just seems like you're putting a huge load of torque extremely fast on the chain and sprockets. Not to mention I'm sure it wears down the rear rubber a little quicker too..
McG241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:03 PM   #59
ridick_bowen
Stunt Rider

I've done countless wheelies. I have know idea how people F up their clutch by wheelie-ing.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:23 PM   #60
OnTheMove
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridick_bowen View Post
I've done countless wheelies. I have know idea how people F up their clutch by wheelie-ing.
Doesnt necessarily F up the clutch, just wears it out a lot faster.

Insert Motorcycle App. signature here
OnTheMove is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement