Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > Local Scene > North Central

Old 09-11-2012, 08:29 AM   #11
pickpocket293
iRun

Bike: Sold off in pieces.
Re: quad cities new rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortshifter21 View Post
Yea I used to race cars at gateway and I've raced go karts at road America I have the helmet what would be a good pair of riding boots I have a pair of alpine stars but I know they are to low for the track. Yea that would be horrible mixing those up haha
Holy shit.. punctuation.

As far as boots, Oxtar (TXC or TCX or some shit) is probably the best bang for your buck. How long have you been riding street bikes? Is this your first one?

Things I am sick of explaining on this forum:
  • What's the difference between an R6 and an R6s? HERE
  • Should I start on a 600 or a 250? HERE
  • How do I ask the forum a question and actually get an answer? HERE
  • Where do I find a map for my Bazzaz? HERE
  • Should I get a 520 kit for MOA POWAH? HERE
  • How does rotating mass work? HERE
pickpocket293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2012, 08:53 AM   #12
shortshifter21
My R6 eats me.

Yea sorry about the punctuation. I posted it from my phone and I always forget. This is my first actual street bike. I rode my friends old cbr600 when I was 16 for a bit. So it's been 6 years since I was on a bike. So in some ways I consider this my first bike. And I will have to look into those boots what's a good site to get gear from?
shortshifter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:01 AM   #13
pickpocket293
iRun

Quote:
Yea sorry about the punctuation. I posted it from my phone and I always forget. This is my first actual street bike. I rode my friends old cbr600 when I was 16 for a bit. So it's been 6 years since I was on a bike. So in some ways I consider this my first bike. And I will have to look into those boots what's a good site to get gear from?
Oh man... You're definitely gonna want a season on the bike before you go to the track. If you survive that season, hit me up. (but kinda serious)

As for the site, if you're not in a hurry, buy used. Keep an eye on this and other forums for used gear that can be had at 30-60% off retail.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:12 AM   #14
shortshifter21
My R6 eats me.

That would be a smart idea haha. How long has you been riding? After this season is over I'm going to do tires brakes and what ever else needs to be changed after a season. I have to go through topics to find what would be a good set of tires and brakes.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:42 AM   #15
pickpocket293
iRun

Quote:
That would be a smart idea haha. How long has you been riding? After this season is over I'm going to do tires brakes and what ever else needs to be changed after a season. I have to go through topics to find what would be a good set of tires and brakes.
I've been riding on a dirtbike since I was 5, but I started with street bikes when I was 19 (and I should've died a couple times from my stupidity).

For the love of god, please don't make a "what tire should I buy" thread.. There are at least 80 billion of those already.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:52 AM   #16
shortshifter21
My R6 eats me.

Haha yea I've ridden a few dirt bikes I had a bad accident last winter I almost died from got rear ended by a ford explorer and had brain surgery. Haha nah I'm not gunna make a thread like that. I was thinking of getting some pirelli tires
Old 11-05-2012, 01:28 PM   #17
motorman251
Trading my way up

Bike: 2002 R6

I'm from Preston which is an hour north of ya, I'm always lookin for someone to go ride with and this weekend is supposed to be super nice out
motorman251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:15 AM   #18
shortshifter21
My R6 eats me.

Well motorman that would be awesome slight problem at the moment. I can't ride till my foot heals i broke 10 bones on my foot recently. Someone (I don't talk to them anymore after this) who I thought was my friend thought it would be funny to hop on the back of my bike as I left the stop light and lean back while pulling me back . the bike went up thought I had it controlled and was trying to put the front end down and then biek tipped over and landed on my left foot shattering it and broke my ankle. only thing i didnt have on was my riding boots because they hadnt come in yet. so I have gone through two surgeries, and been on crutches for the past month. the bike wasnt in to bad of shape. left clip on was screwed up, plastics, strator cover, rear subframe. the bike is back togther now other then needing to put chain on and some of the plastics are waiting in my apartment no real hurry to finish it since i cant ride. I have gotten rid of the rear set and the rear pegs now so this accident won't happen again. But I will send you my number and maybe we can get together sometime and then in the spring I should be healed and ready to ride. Ill post some pictures up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement