Helmets - Page 7 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > General Discussions

View Poll Results: Helmets
X-lite X-802 6 7.69%
Arai Corsair-V 25 32.05%
AGV GP-Tech 21 26.92%
Bell Star Carbon 26 33.33%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2012, 09:53 PM   #61
A.King.
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Re: Helmets

Shoei X-Twelve anyone?
A.King. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 10:35 PM   #62
R-Silaxin
Track=Cocaine

Bike: 06 R-6 Deathraven

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.King. View Post
Shoei X-Twelve anyone?
I've got a couple X-11's and they're great helmets. Light and MOVE air extremely well and I hear the X-12 is that with additional upgrades from the X-11!

I'm stuck on the RPS-10, now RPHA-10... Just picked up ANOTHER one... Making it my third... Extremely comfy, light, crash well, and I buy them when they're older and shops are looking to move them... Like the new RPHA-10 Monster 2... I'll wait till sometime next year when they can be had in the $300 range like the other RPS-10's I've picked up... My new helmet arrives on Thursday! Siked to get yet another one, even though it's the same helmet with different graffics...

My X-11 will get some good use on the track this weekend while I'm racing as well! I don;t want to wreck ANOTHER brand new helmet... So I'll rock the old funky Shoei... Still love that helmet!

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL https://www.youtube.com/user/adam2cox
MY FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...79&ref=tn_tnmn

MY XBL GAMERTAG: AmericanGingers
R-Silaxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:00 PM   #63
shad0ws
I have 2 belly buttons.

Bike: '09 R6
It's hard for me to find a helmet that fits my long ass head but I currently own an Arai Profile and a Shoei X-12. Bought the X-12 pretty recently due to the Profile hitting the hump on my suit in full tuck. After owning both, I like the X-12 much better and yes I know I'm comparing a mid range Arai to a top level Shoei. At the end of the day, it's all in what fits your head the best.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com App
Old 11-06-2012, 11:28 PM   #64
R-Silaxin
Track=Cocaine

Bike: 06 R-6 Deathraven
Quote:
Originally Posted by shad0ws View Post
It's hard for me to find a helmet that fits my long ass head but I currently own an Arai Profile and a Shoei X-12. Bought the X-12 pretty recently due to the Profile hitting the hump on my suit in full tuck. After owning both, I like the X-12 much better and yes I know I'm comparing a mid range Arai to a top level Shoei. At the end of the day, it's all in what fits your head the best.

When looming for a helmet, try on as many different types as you can, then make your decision... Read reviews, do some research, get educated on the various products out there. Then you can make the best decision that suits you!

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL https://www.youtube.com/user/adam2cox
MY FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...79&ref=tn_tnmn

MY XBL GAMERTAG: AmericanGingers
R-Silaxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:11 AM   #65
shad0ws
I have 2 belly buttons.

Bike: '09 R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Silaxin View Post

When looming for a helmet, try on as many different types as you can, then make your decision... Read reviews, do some research, get educated on the various products out there. Then you can make the best decision that suits you!

Hahaha yeah man, research is everything. I know I spent hours on the computer and at least an hour on the phone with STG before I bought my X-12.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:04 AM   #66
CBR240
Is it Deals Gap time yet?

Bike: 2007 R6

As already said, fit is most important.

Shoei RF1100 fits me well, and I picked up my solid color one for <$400 delivered a year ago. I am fund limited so I pick quality helmet over cool paint job. If I could, I'd get both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.King. View Post
I don't think its even worth it buying a helmet over $400 since helmets only have a 5 year life span until the "integrity" of the helmet gets compromised. Should just get like HJC RPS-10 every 5 years for 15 years and that will be the price of buying these expensive as hell helmets that last only 5 years in my opinion.
This is true, and why I insist on a quality helmet that is not too expensive (so I forgo cool graphics).

But one thing that is being ignored is the helmet collection. After their useful life span, most of our old helmets sit on top of my book cases. The ones we spent more on getting cool graphics ..., look much cooler sitting up there. Laugh if you want, but to many the "display-ability" or cool associated with a helmet keeps paying back for many, many years after the helmets useful life.
CBR240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #67
Honey Badger
just don't care

Bike: '02 R6 (track); '05 ZX10R

One of the better studies and information, although model names can vary from US models to euro models, but they're the same helmets.

http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/home
Honey Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:49 PM   #68
jwolf8604
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Anyone have an opinion about the Scorpion Exo-1100? I had a lower model Scorpion before and I liked that it was quiet, does that necessarily mean there is compromise in it's quality as long as it was DOT approved?
jwolf8604 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:30 PM   #69
zavdavid77
I eat my R6

Bike: '04 R6
I have a scorpion exo-400 as my first helmet. Great price for the quality and Snell approved! They run a little small, but after trying on a speed/strength, icon, hjc, shoei, this one fit the best and was most comfortable. Great reviews on revzilla also, bit loud though.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
zavdavid77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:50 AM   #70
06r6-87
Canyon Carving

Bike: 06 R6v

Nice little revival, i had a couple scorpions first and they were ok, held up fine in a pretty bad crash. Then i bought an icon purely for the looks and cause it was relatively cheap, you get what you pay for, soooo loud and ventilation sucked. I then got a killer deal from a friend on an agv gp-tech rossi "hands" mugello '09 and it was amazing, awesome looking(lots of compliments), little noise, good ventilation, and just overall super comfortable. Just bought a new gp-tech the rossi 2012 misano "boxer" one. Will post some pics when i get a chance. I tried on the RPHA-10 Lorenzo and it just doesnt fit anywhere near as well as the gp-tech.
06r6-87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement